Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Jeff Garcia Means « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#60 : May 27, 2007, 02:49:09 PM

Other than running Brad did everything better than Garcia, Through his career Brad has been a better QB than Garcia and never put up the stinker seasons that Garcia put up with the Lions and Browns. I really think people that think we are going to be a great offense now are dreaming, and are in for a very rude awakening. You must have not watched any Philly games and noticed the amount of time he had, and his go to guy happend to be a HB, I highly doubt Caddy can be a go to guy in the passing game.
37 is old, and we have no great talent on our offense that comes close to T.O. or Westbrook for that matter.

Yea, Brad Johnson was such a superstar, that he had to play in f***in World League (it's now NFLE to you young'ns) because he couldn't even earn a roster spot in the NFL. Brad Johnson was a mediocore, but game managing QB. Without Gruden's coaching, he would NEVER have won a Superbowl. Is Jeff Garcia the next Joe Montana? Of course not. But he is every bit as talented as Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon were when Gruden got a hold of em. The added bonus with Garcia is that he is a plug and play starter, he already has a deep understanding of the fundamental concepts behind the WCO. In 05 the Bucs went 11-5 and won their division. They brought back every single starter, but went 4-12 the following season. The variable: QB play. Not only did they lose their starting QB, but if Simms was already showing signs of regressing. This team is a solid, good football team. Now that the pass rush, LB position and QB positions are bolstered, there is no reason to expect any less than playoff contention. Jeff Garcia=Wins. Simple as that.

Hey clown, did you happen to notice that Garcia played in the "f***in" CFL and could not get on an NFL Roster until he was 29or years OLD!!!!, so don't bust on brad when your boy was not exactly a first round pick his damn self. Brad was one of the most acurate passers in the NFL before Gruden was even a HC, he has always been in the 60%'s other than his first season when he was 59%.
What a jackbutt, to use the argument that Brad didn't come right into the NFL, when the fact is neither is the guy who is the answer to your dreams. So you can go Buck yourself.

Look, man, I know you went to UM, so I'll speak slowly...follow the bouncing ball.  I never said Jeff Garcia was great.  I said he was every bit as good as Brad Johnson.  You seem to think that my disagreement with the "Brad Johnson was a superstar" argument means I think Jeff Garcia is a Joe Montana.  READ THE ENTIRE POST, SPARKY.  You like to go off half-**CENSORED**ed at people, when all you do is perpetuate your already apparant ignorance of the subject matter.  Once again, for all those that went to the "U": 

Neither Jeff Garcia nor Brad Johnson were great NFL quarterbacks.  But Jeff Garcia is every bit as good as Brad Johnson was when he arrived in Tampa.  Gruden can make Garcia every bit as good as Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon were at their peak.  Bet on it.

And for the record, more great QB's, including HOF'er Warren Moon, have come out of the CFL than the NFLEL. Watch the sport sometime, you'd probably enjoy it.

Hey at least I went to a real university, I guess they taught Gruden hugging 101 at the tech school you flunked out of, in fact my A/C is acting up can you come by with your broom and clean out my vents, its not like yuo have anything better to do your trailer parks doesn't even have cable does it?

What is the differance NFL Europe or CFL, its still not good enough for the NFL, Warner played in Arena and he was a stud in the NFL for awhile,
As far as Brett Favre being traded and Steve Young, totally differant since Steve young was YOUNG, and Brett Favre was young, Garcia was already established and went to a pro bowl and put up some nice number (Granted it was with a great WR who used to be good for 13-16 TD but anyway....) before he went to the Lions and Browns and stunk the place up.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#61 : May 27, 2007, 03:53:16 PM

And what University do you think I attend, smart guy?  You don't know.  Yet you try (in vain) to discredit it.  Figures.  What else would one expect from the a UM guy...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

T

Hall of Famer

#62 : May 27, 2007, 05:14:50 PM

Garcia means that Gruden may have his job a bit longer than alot of us thought.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#63 : May 27, 2007, 07:15:33 PM

Garcia means we will be looking for another QB next year.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#64 : May 27, 2007, 07:26:44 PM

Garcia means playoffs.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#65 : May 27, 2007, 07:29:29 PM

Garcia means playoffs.
I love your optimism... but thats what they thought in Cleveland, too. All of the Garcia lovers will see, he isn't going to be any good for us.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#66 : May 27, 2007, 07:35:08 PM

Garcia means playoffs.
I love your optimism... but thats what they thought in Cleveland, too. All of the Garcia lovers will see, he isn't going to be any good for us.
Our talent on offense>Cleveland's

Our coaching is superior too.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#67 : May 28, 2007, 03:54:30 PM

And what University do you think I attend, smart guy? You don't know. Yet you try (in vain) to discredit it. Figures. What else would one expect from the a UM guy...

I would have to guess you went to ITT, but didn't quite finish, your distaste for the top Architectural School in Florida leads me to think you are just jealous because you have no education. Have you ever been to the Miami Campus? A lot more "talent" than the USF girls who have one foot in the trailer park.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#68 : May 28, 2007, 03:58:04 PM

Uh,  huh.  You don't know the answer, yet you speculate, and as usual, you are incorrect.  Game over, you lose.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#69 : May 28, 2007, 04:22:02 PM

Uh, huh. You don't know the answer, yet you speculate, and as usual, you are incorrect. Game over, you lose.

LMAO, I hit the nail on the head didn't I?

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#70 : May 28, 2007, 11:33:11 PM

Uh,  huh.  You don't know the answer, yet you speculate, and as usual, you are incorrect.  Game over, you lose.
I can only guess that you went Wyoming (By the sig).

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#71 : May 29, 2007, 09:53:46 AM

Garcia is a desperation move by a FO/HC that needs to win 9 games to keep his job.  No more no less.

Unless signing Garcia came with Reid, this will end about as well as it did in Det or Cle.  Phi back ups play well because they fit nicely into a well designed system with a very good OLine.  We don't have either of those in Tampa.

On the plus side, he is better than Simms and Grads.  For what that is worth. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#72 : May 29, 2007, 10:18:08 AM

Garcia is a desperation move by a FO/HC that needs to win 9 games to keep his job. No more no less.

On the plus side, he is better than Simms and Grads. For what that is worth.

Such a tired, tired argument in the first sentence only to put your foot in your mouth in the second. This HC and FO just wants to win games, period. Do you honestly think they're making moves thinking "we have to get 9 wins to keep our jobs" ? ? Hell no, a bag boy at Publix thinks that way, BA and JG would get a job the second they get canned. They just want to win games at all costs and Jeff Garcia was one of the top QB's out on the market at a position that HAD to be upgraded.

"But on the plus side he is beter than Simms and Grads" LMFAO at this line.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#73 : May 29, 2007, 10:45:23 AM

Such a tired, tired argument in the first sentence only to put your foot in your mouth in the second. This HC and FO just wants to win games, period. Do you honestly think they're making moves thinking "we have to get 9 wins to keep our jobs" ? ? Hell no, a bag boy at Publix thinks that way, BA and JG would get a job the second they get canned. They just want to win games at all costs and Jeff Garcia was one of the top QB's out on the market at a position that HAD to be upgraded.

"But on the plus side he is beter than Simms and Grads" LMFAO at this line.

The staff does want to win games but that is sort of a non-issue since all staffs want to win games. This isn't like getting a scuzz bag like Stevens, Garcia has been a competent to very good NFL QB in his career. He was, functionally, the only viable QB on the FA market so while he's not an ideal solution and he's certainly not THE solution he's what we could do. You know the QB pickin's are slim when anyone is desperate enough to go fishing for Jake the Fake.

He's not a great QB anymore, and maybe he never was, but he's better than Simms and Grads so that position should get better to some degree that we could discuss.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#74 : May 29, 2007, 10:54:14 AM

The team isn't a QB away from the play offs, they are building for the future, or at least they should be.  When you sign a 37 year old QB, who was the second choice after courting a 33 year old QB, you aren't building for the future, you are desperately trying to win games at the expense of taking away snaps from the guy who, in theory, will be around when team IS a QB away from the play offs.

That guy is not on the roster.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Jeff Garcia Means « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools