Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 NBA Draft... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#105 : May 26, 2007, 05:48:36 PM

The talk of Oden's camp pushing the Blazerrs to draft Ohio State point guard Mike Conley, Jr. is real, but it probably won't happen. The Blazers have made some initial offers to Atlanta regarding the third pick, but the Hawks want either Brandon Roy or LaMarcus Aldridge in return for the third pick, and that simply isn't going to happen.

If the Hawks don't take Conley, Jr. with the third pick, look for the Blazers to turn to Milwaukee at No. 6 to possibly see if they can swing a deal.

I asked Oden how important it is for him to continue playing with Conley Jr. - the two have been on the same team since 4th grade, during which they have never lost a home game - and his reaction wasn't as emphatic as you might think.

"It would be really nice to be able to play with him, with how many years we have been together,'' Oden said. "Especially with the winning streak we have together. I mean, really, we don't lose. If we both come here, it's almost a guarantee we aren't going to lose.

"But honestly, I think he has lived in my shadow. I mean, people don't really know - maybe the people who know basketball do - but he is the driving force of the teams we played on. But people have kind of put him in my shadow, and I don't know, maybe he wants to be his own person. That's what I think. I mean, he would never say that to any media or anything, but I think so.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#106 : May 26, 2007, 05:52:30 PM

Tiago looks to me sort of like a Hustle and Rebounding guy that down the road can become a very good role player, I'm not sure if he can or will ever be a star on his own team.

Also Yi looks like he can be a good player but I think it will take a bit for him to really get acustumed to the physical nature of the NBA, take a look at Yao.

If I were looking out for the best interest of the Hawks I would take either Wright or one of the Florida bigs with their first pick and then take Acie Law or Conley with the 2nd 1st they have.

And now it looks like the Bobcats have signed Sam Vincient, which is ok by me. I would love to see us land Jeff Green with our 1st pick and then I would love to land a player like McRoberts with our 2nd 1st if he is there, if he isn't I'd throw out a flyer on the best Guard or PF available.

I think Conley will be long gone by pick 11.
There is a chance Acie could still be there though and that would be better value than trading up for Conley imo.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#107 : May 26, 2007, 06:28:21 PM

The talk of Oden's camp pushing the Blazerrs to draft Ohio State point guard Mike Conley, Jr. is real, but it probably won't happen. The Blazers have made some initial offers to Atlanta regarding the third pick, but the Hawks want either Brandon Roy or LaMarcus Aldridge in return for the third pick, and that simply isn't going to happen.

If the Hawks don't take Conley, Jr. with the third pick, look for the Blazers to turn to Milwaukee at No. 6 to possibly see if they can swing a deal.

I asked Oden how important it is for him to continue playing with Conley Jr. - the two have been on the same team since 4th grade, during which they have never lost a home game - and his reaction wasn't as emphatic as you might think.

"It would be really nice to be able to play with him, with how many years we have been together,'' Oden said. "Especially with the winning streak we have together. I mean, really, we don't lose. If we both come here, it's almost a guarantee we aren't going to lose.

"But honestly, I think he has lived in my shadow. I mean, people don't really know - maybe the people who know basketball do - but he is the driving force of the teams we played on. But people have kind of put him in my shadow, and I don't know, maybe he wants to be his own person. That's what I think. I mean, he would never say that to any media or anything, but I think so.

They don't lose huh?

The gators might have something to say about that.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#108 : May 27, 2007, 02:34:34 AM

They don't lose huh?

well I think there something like 108-18 playing together

MBF

Hall of Famer

#109 : May 27, 2007, 08:40:21 AM

They don't lose huh?

Read much?

#110 : May 27, 2007, 01:00:46 PM

LOL

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#111 : May 27, 2007, 01:26:06 PM

They don't lose huh?

Read much?

Yeah, actually I do. 

LOL @ that ass clown.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#112 : May 27, 2007, 04:19:21 PM

They don't lose huh?

Read much?

Yeah, actually I do.

Doesn't seem like it.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#113 : May 28, 2007, 07:06:53 PM

I think you are the one who can't read.

And after reading a few of your blog articles it doesn't appear you can write very well either.

But you definitely have become an expert in being a smartass, so all is not lost for you!
Yawn...typical Ray post. I was joking, but whatever.

And criticising my KVUN posts? LOL. How should improve, since you seem to be an expert.

Typical MBF post.

Go around being a smartass to everyone, then say "I was joking."

Am I an expert? No, but I do know a thing or two about proper grammar.

Oh, and don't be a writer if you can't take criticism.

People here are pretty sad if they don't realize I'm kidding. You obviously fit into the group, judging by your previous post.

Who said I can't take criticism? That was a serious question.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#114 : May 28, 2007, 02:01:30 PM

And after reading a few of your blog articles it doesn't appear you can write very well either.

But you definitely have become an expert in being a smartass, so all is not lost for you!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#115 : May 28, 2007, 05:28:23 PM

And criticising my KVUN posts? LOL. How should improve, since you seem to be an expert.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#116 : May 28, 2007, 06:16:06 PM

Typical MBF post.

Go around being a smartass to everyone, then say "I was joking."

Am I an expert?  No, but I do know a thing or two about proper grammar.

Oh, and don't be a writer if you can't take criticism. 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#117 : May 28, 2007, 07:47:20 PM

Yeah, because it's real easy to figure out someone's tone on a message board.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 NBA Draft... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools