Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 NBA Draft... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #15 : May 22, 2007, 02:57:45 PM »

did the draft lottery thing on espn.com once and it gave portland the #1 pick. ;D I think Brandon Roy will be are lucky charm

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #16 : May 22, 2007, 03:40:28 PM »

IMO theres about 7 players who can be allstars. I personally think this draft is good.

All stars, sure, Super Stars, franchise changers? There's two.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #17 : May 22, 2007, 03:42:03 PM »

"No way he starts in Phoenix"

A lot of people disagree with that.  Noah would be a perfect fit for them as a defensive presence.  Who is going to start over him?  Thomas?  LOL.  They prefer Diaw off the bench.  

So long as Noah didn't come in and fall flat on his face he would be an ideal guy to pair next to Marion and Amare in the frontcourt.  Add in stopper Bell and MVP Nash in the backcourt and you have not only an explosive offensive team but your defense is drastically improved.

The bigger isue for Phoenix is whether or not they can get him.

IMO though Brewer would be amazing in Phoenix.  Then you have Amare and Marion at 5 and 4, Brewer as a 3 and Bell and Nash.  Brewer is a great defender and can cover your best player.  His offense needs to develop more which he would be able to do since like Noah he wouldn't need to score a lot right away.

That will be the key for both Noah and Brewer.  They need to go somewhere they are not asked to score 20 a game right away.  Noah will need to change his shot completely and Brewer needs a little more offensive development.  Both can defend well though (brewer is an amazing defender) and can impact immediately in that area.

I think Horford will go first of the Gators but Brewer IMO will ultimately be the best pro.  

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #18 : May 22, 2007, 05:07:45 PM »

Diaw is sooooo overrated. He's done well in Phoenix, but he's a product of the system. He had plenty of chances here and failed. Noah would start over him easily.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #19 : May 22, 2007, 08:37:57 PM »

I would love to see PHX get that pick from ATL simply bc I really want to see them run the west and crush Dallas and SA next year. I would love to see them land Brandan Wright but I think he will end up being the 3rd overall pick, I would defanitely love for them to find away to trade up to that pick and land him thoug, kid would add to the defense and he is already a better offensive threat than Noah, I would expect him to be a much bigger star than Noah.

I really wish the Bobcats could cash in on that 1.9% and win the lottery, pairing Oden or Durant with that team would make them much better next year and bonafide contenders in the very near future. Anyone that can't see what this team is going to become if they can keep it together is blind. I would also feel bad to anyone who is locked in memphis.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #20 : May 22, 2007, 08:44:19 PM »

I would love to see PHX get that pick from ATL simply bc I really want to see them run the west and crush Dallas and SA next year. I would love to see them land Brandan Wright but I think he will end up being the 3rd overall pick, I would defanitely love for them to find away to trade up to that pick and land him thoug, kid would add to the defense and he is already a better offensive threat than Noah, I would expect him to be a much bigger star than Noah.

I really wish the Bobcats could cash in on that 1.9% and win the lottery, pairing Oden or Durant with that team would make them much better next year and bonafide contenders in the very near future. Anyone that can't see what this team is going to become if they can keep it together is blind. I would also feel bad to anyone who is locked in memphis.

I get the feeling Brandon Wright is the next Shelden Williams.  He'll be a reach at 3 and is NOT NBA ready.

Wright might have more potential than Noah but Noah is more ready to make an impact in the NBA.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #21 : May 22, 2007, 08:51:43 PM »

Atlanta,Portland and someone else

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #22 : May 22, 2007, 08:50:59 PM »

Wow, Portland, Seattle or Atlanta.....

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #23 : May 22, 2007, 08:52:36 PM »

See above...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #24 : May 22, 2007, 08:53:49 PM »

DEAR GOD,

PLEASE LET THE HAWKS HAVE A TOP 3 PICK SO WE DONT HAVE TO GIVE PHOENIX THE PICK. AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, LET A CITY BUS "ACCIDENTILY" HIT BILLY KNIGHT.

Doesn't Atlanta have 2 picks anyway?  So pick 11 goes to Phoenix now and they keep the other pick, whcih is top 3 anyway?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #25 : May 22, 2007, 08:54:22 PM »

So Portland gets #1!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #26 : May 22, 2007, 08:54:57 PM »

Portland- Greg Oden
Seattle- Kevin Durant
Atlanta- Al Horford

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #27 : May 22, 2007, 08:56:06 PM »

Portland- Greg Oden
Seattle- Kevin Durant
Atlanta- Al Horford

I think Atlanta needs to slide down and take Conley.

I wonder if Seatlle getting Durant will mean no Rashard?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #28 : May 22, 2007, 08:56:35 PM »

Portland has a young nucleous with Roy,Aldrige,Oden, and Randolph,3 point shooter here
Seattle already has Ray Allen and Rashad Lewis, they need Oden more

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #29 : May 22, 2007, 08:58:53 PM »

Seattle needs to trade down

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 NBA Draft... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools