Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 NBA Draft... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 22, 2007, 08:59:36 PM

never mind with lewis a FA, Durant should be the pick.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#31 : May 22, 2007, 09:00:22 PM

never mind with lewis a FA, Durant should be the pick.

Exactly.

They would never get value for that pick.  I don't think you can pass on Durant or Oden.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#32 : May 22, 2007, 09:00:27 PM

WOW.... that is stunning... I am defanitely glad Oden or Durant won't be stuck in Memphis... I look for both to be major factors, great day for the Blazers and Sonics. I'm hoping the Bobcats can either get Wright(no way he is there imo)/Hibbert/Jeff Green(if he entered)/BRewer/ Julian Wright. Glad this is a very deep draft should really give some teams some life.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#33 : May 22, 2007, 09:02:41 PM

Well this guy - Yi Jianlian - could change things up a bit.  If he goes top 3 Wright may slide down.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#34 : May 22, 2007, 09:05:17 PM

I would love to see PHX get that pick from ATL simply bc I really want to see them run the west and crush Dallas and SA next year. I would love to see them land Brandan Wright but I think he will end up being the 3rd overall pick, I would defanitely love for them to find away to trade up to that pick and land him thoug, kid would add to the defense and he is already a better offensive threat than Noah, I would expect him to be a much bigger star than Noah.

I really wish the Bobcats could cash in on that 1.9% and win the lottery, pairing Oden or Durant with that team would make them much better next year and bonafide contenders in the very near future. Anyone that can't see what this team is going to become if they can keep it together is blind. I would also feel bad to anyone who is locked in memphis.

I get the feeling Brandon Wright is the next Shelden Williams. He'll be a reach at 3 and is NOT NBA ready.

Wright might have more potential than Noah but Noah is more ready to make an impact in the NBA.
I dunno man, I mean I watched Wright in every game this year and I watched Noah in quite a few too. Wright doesn't have his own offensive moves down yet, so Noah has him a bit on that, but I would say they are close to equal on defense. The thing I think Wright is better at though is offensive putbacks... he uses a lot of energy and grabs nearly every board, guy is gonna be special, in no way does he look at all to me like the next Sheldon Williams but I defanitely dont think the Hawks should pick him, if they don't trade down and take Conley then I wouldnt doubt seeing them at the bottom of the league for the next ten years.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#35 : May 22, 2007, 09:06:43 PM

Well this guy - Yi Jianlian - could change things up a bit. If he goes top 3 Wright may slide down.
Very true, I often forget about him... I don't know much about him but if he is as good as he is supposed to be I would also be happy with him. Thank god this draft is better than last years, that draft was sad thanks to the new rule. Though I am in favor of it.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#36 : May 22, 2007, 09:07:56 PM

I would love to see PHX get that pick from ATL simply bc I really want to see them run the west and crush Dallas and SA next year. I would love to see them land Brandan Wright but I think he will end up being the 3rd overall pick, I would defanitely love for them to find away to trade up to that pick and land him thoug, kid would add to the defense and he is already a better offensive threat than Noah, I would expect him to be a much bigger star than Noah.

I really wish the Bobcats could cash in on that 1.9% and win the lottery, pairing Oden or Durant with that team would make them much better next year and bonafide contenders in the very near future. Anyone that can't see what this team is going to become if they can keep it together is blind. I would also feel bad to anyone who is locked in memphis.

I get the feeling Brandon Wright is the next Shelden Williams. He'll be a reach at 3 and is NOT NBA ready.

Wright might have more potential than Noah but Noah is more ready to make an impact in the NBA.
I dunno man, I mean I watched Wright in every game this year and I watched Noah in quite a few too. Wright doesn't have his own offensive moves down yet, so Noah has him a bit on that, but I would say they are close to equal on defense. The thing I think Wright is better at though is offensive putbacks... he uses a lot of energy and grabs nearly every board, guy is gonna be special, in no way does he look at all to me like the next Sheldon Williams but I defanitely dont think the Hawks should pick him, if they don't trade down and take Conley then I wouldnt doubt seeing them at the bottom of the league for the next ten years.

Yeha, I just think they need to stay away from Forwards as they have a TON.  

They definitely could use a PG (ATL).  

They need to get Conley, even if they can't slide down and get him.

Maybe they can pick Wright, get a team like Charlotte to take Conley and then work out a deal.  

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 22, 2007, 09:09:20 PM

I forgot about Green from Georgetown. I hope the 6ixers take him and a true PG.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#38 : May 22, 2007, 09:10:35 PM

Yeha, I just think they need to stay away from Forwards as they have a TON.  

They definitely could use a PG (ATL).  

They need to get Conley, even if they can't slide down and get him.

Maybe they can pick Wright, get a team like Charlotte to take Conley and then work out a deal.  
I completely agree, if they want to get out of the basement they need to get a PG, I could really see a deal with Charlotte like that working out, Charlotte needs another big and Wright would be a perfect attraction seeing as he was a UNC guy.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 22, 2007, 09:10:44 PM

Bobcats lineup I think
C- Okeafor
PF- Carroll/May
SF- Morrison
SG- Wallace
PG- Felton
Well, what should the Bobcats do?

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#40 : May 22, 2007, 09:14:14 PM

'
Bobcats lineup I think
C- Okeafor
PF- Carroll/May
SF- Morrison
SG- Wallace
PG- Felton
Carroll at PF lol.... Well Wallace is a Free Agent, hopefully they can get somehting done, honestly we need a playmaker, any position would do. Okafor would be better suited in the NBA at PF bc of his size, but he can work at PF. Hibbert would be a nice pick and would give us a dynamic front court for a long time, however I would take Green simply bc he is a great defender and can play SG/SF/PF and play all well, he is very much like Gerald Wallace, having both of them would give us some serious speed and versatility.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 22, 2007, 09:27:20 PM

'
Bobcats lineup I think
C- Okeafor
PF- Carroll/May
SF- Morrison
SG- Wallace
PG- Felton
Carroll at PF lol.... Well Wallace is a Free Agent, hopefully they can get somehting done, honestly we need a playmaker, any position would do. Okafor would be better suited in the NBA at PF bc of his size, but he can work at PF. Hibbert would be a nice pick and would give us a dynamic front court for a long time, however I would take Green simply bc he is a great defender and can play SG/SF/PF and play all well, he is very much like Gerald Wallace, having both of them would give us some serious speed and versatility.
Green would make since, I got mixed up between him and Roy Hibbert**spelling***. Sixers need to take Roy then a PG/SG scorer

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#42 : May 22, 2007, 09:30:27 PM

'
Bobcats lineup I think
C- Okeafor
PF- Carroll/May
SF- Morrison
SG- Wallace
PG- Felton
Green would make since, I got mixed up between him and Roy Hibbert**spelling***. Sixers need to take Roy then a PG/SG scorer
Hibbert to Philly would be a brilliant move imo

washingtonbucs

Rookie

#43 : May 22, 2007, 09:56:19 PM

OREGONBUCFAN:

OHHHH MY GOD. I HAD ALREADY BOUGHT MY SEASON TICKETS.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 23, 2007, 02:11:31 AM

So Portland gets #1!

Talked to a friend who works in tickets for the blazers. Sold 750K in season tixs just tonight. Expect 1M tommrow. This town is already goin crazy. I got my season tixs

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 NBA Draft... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools