Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marquis Cooper Cut Again « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 31, 2006, 01:08:45 PM

I'm literally about to throw up.

I already did   >:(

#16 : October 31, 2006, 01:09:35 PM

I already did >:(
You must've been thinking about TRADING UP for Yatta.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 31, 2006, 01:10:40 PM

I already did >:(
You must've been thinking about TRADING UP for Yatta.

I hate you.   :P

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 31, 2006, 01:29:19 PM

I like Ruud he has potiential but geez this is now his 2nd year and he can't get on the field. We didn't need to go LB when we did to get him if you plan on having Quarles, bad mistake IMHO. We could have gone DT or OL or gone to OLB but we have a R2 pick on the pine because we have a formal pro bowl player starting who plays well. Yeah, Stephens, Wansley???

I disagree.  Just because they are moving him in slowly doesn't mean anything.  It's very wise.  And we DID need to go LB esp. MLB.  Quarles drop off is soon and they saw that coming.  You have to groom guys, you can't just stick them out there with a hope and a prayer and ask them to be successfull in this system.   As the season goes on you'll start to see Ruud more and more and you will see him as the starter next year.  Very good pick IMO.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 31, 2006, 01:30:51 PM

Gruden wanted Westbrook, McKay drafted Marquise Walker....a far worse mistake than Cooper

you gotta be f-ing kidding me!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 31, 2006, 01:33:36 PM

As the season goes on you'll start to see Ruud more and more and you will see him as the starter next year.  Very good pick IMO.

Lofa Tatupu - was drafted in the 2nd round, he started all last year for the NFC champs.  Ruud might be a decent starter, but very good picks don't spend two years of their careers riding the pine. 

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 31, 2006, 01:34:39 PM

I like Ruud he has potential but geez this is now his 2nd year and he can't get on the field. We didn't need to go LB when we did to get him if you plan on having Quarles, bad mistake IMHO. We could have gone DT or OL or gone to OLB but we have a R2 pick on the pine because we have a formal pro bowl player starting who plays well. Yeah, Stephens, Wansley???

I disagree.  Just because they are moving him in slowly doesn't mean anything.  It's very wise.  And we DID need to go LB esp. MLB.  Quarles drop off is soon and they saw that coming.  You have to groom guys, you can't just stick them out there with a hope and a prayer and ask them to be successfull in this system.   As the season goes on you'll start to see Ruud more and more and you will see him as the starter next year.  Very good pick IMO.

i t seems like other teams plug in rookies and just lets them play to get experience, i do see your point however i think because we have had such a great D over the years, that we have stunted the growth of our younger guys

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 31, 2006, 01:35:38 PM

As the season goes on you'll start to see Ruud more and more and you will see him as the starter next year.  Very good pick IMO.

Lofa Tatupu - was drafted in the 2nd round, he started all last year for the NFC champs.  Ruud might be a decent starter, but very good picks don't spend two years of their careers riding the pine. 

agreed

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 31, 2006, 01:37:21 PM

Lofa Tatupu - was drafted in the 2nd round, he started all last year for the NFC champs. Ruud might be a decent starter, but very good picks don't spend two years of their careers riding the pine.

Sure they do if you have a freak of nature playing in front of them. Lofa played out of desperate need at that position, not because he was lights out from jump. He matured throughout the year for them.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 31, 2006, 02:50:27 PM

I heard the other day (or read, I can't remember which) that the decision to draft Cooper is one of the rifts between Gruden and McKay. Gruden wanted Brian Westbrook...
McKay was already gone. He did select DeMorrio Williams, who Pewter Report was big on, about 20 spots after Cooper.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#25 : October 31, 2006, 02:51:31 PM

Yeah, wrong Marquis. My bad.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 31, 2006, 02:56:34 PM

All I can say is that quite a few folks on this board have been highly critical of the defense and how they are getting older, slower and so forth. We have 3 pretty old LB's who according to their play aren't quite living up to their extremely high standards of yesterday. Now, if we hadn't drafter Ruud would people now be complaining that there was insufficient forethought to draft their replacements?

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 31, 2006, 03:58:11 PM

let's not get carried away, he's sitting behind the guy who out-tackled d. brooks last year, and he did that despite giving up some snaps to ruud. we know quarles isn't gonna be around for ever, and i don't think the team was comfortable handing over the MLB spot to an unseasoned guy.

so yes, good players do spend 2 years of their careers riding the pine if they get drafted by a proactive organization.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 31, 2006, 07:48:49 PM

Gruden wanted Westbrook, McKay drafted Marquise Walker....a far worse mistake than Cooper

Whats your basis for this?  I love a good rumor, but that isn't even a good rumor. Its just hearsay. 

It is fair to bash McKay for the Kenyatta trade up and pick and the Coleman trade up and pick, but admit it that at the time we all loved both of those picked when they happened.

As for trading picks for Gruden it was the price of doing business.  McKay didn't have any choice in the matter there.  As for the KJ deal well at the time we really needed KJ so it wasn't all that bad of a deal.

As for resigning Booger and Gramattica etc and all the bad draft picks of McKay's last few years I think it was proof that McKay had lost his focus.  He wasn't as involved in the nuts and bolts of the operation and that resulted in a severe dropoff of his production as a GM.   That is what got Gruden ticked off at him too.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 31, 2006, 08:08:52 PM

That is not a good rumor Itch, that would be a great rumor.  And if it is proven, will need to find a word above great. 

Never did agree with the KJ deal.  I understand the point, but price was too high.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marquis Cooper Cut Again « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools