Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marquis Cooper Cut Again « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TBYFLBuc

Second String

#30 : October 31, 2006, 08:21:42 PM

I  happened to have a conversation with someone a few days ago about this subject.....Gruden was very angry about that pick and Travis Stephens and Tim Wansley.
Cant blame him they ALL sucked. We CAN blame McKay for that one!!

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#31 : October 31, 2006, 09:17:35 PM

Steelers | M. Cooper claimed off waivers
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:27:45 -0800

The Pittsburgh Steelers have claimed free agent LB Marquis Cooper (Vikings) off waivers.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 31, 2006, 09:20:00 PM

As the season goes on you'll start to see Ruud more and more and you will see him as the starter next year.  Very good pick IMO.

Lofa Tatupu - was drafted in the 2nd round, he started all last year for the NFC champs.  Ruud might be a decent starter, but very good picks don't spend two years of their careers riding the pine. 

let's not get carried away, he's sitting behind the guy who out-tackled d. brooks last year, and he did that despite giving up some snaps to ruud. we know quarles isn't gonna be around for ever, and i don't think the team was comfortable handing over the MLB spot to an unseasoned guy.

so yes, good players do spend 2 years of their careers riding the pine if they get drafted by a proactive organization.

very well said

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 31, 2006, 10:36:15 PM

dude... lets get real people not all draft picks succeed. Wow a few havent made it BIG DEAL not every pick becomes a great NFL player

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 31, 2006, 10:46:08 PM

As the season goes on you'll start to see Ruud more and more and you will see him as the starter next year.  Very good pick IMO.

Lofa Tatupu - was drafted in the 2nd round, he started all last year for the NFC champs.  Ruud might be a decent starter, but very good picks don't spend two years of their careers riding the pine. 

let's not get carried away, he's sitting behind the guy who out-tackled d. brooks last year, and he did that despite giving up some snaps to ruud. we know quarles isn't gonna be around for ever, and i don't think the team was comfortable handing over the MLB spot to an unseasoned guy.

so yes, good players do spend 2 years of their careers riding the pine if they get drafted by a proactive organization.

very well said
I think the argument is that 4th and 5th rounders sit for a while before taking over a starting spot or key backup. You prefer to see a quicker return on investment for a high 2nd rounder.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#35 : November 01, 2006, 01:15:24 AM

I'm literally about to throw up.

I already did   >:(

I second that....

$$$

replica

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 01, 2006, 08:19:04 AM

I heard the other day (or read, I can't remember which) that the decision to draft Cooper is one of the rifts between Gruden and McKay. Gruden wanted Brian Westbrook...
We could have had Westbrook??? Damn you Mckay!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marquis Cooper Cut Again « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools