Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm Sorry Guys.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: October 30, 2006, 10:54:39 PM

for believing that some of you were actually Buc fans.  Some of you are so in love with the coach that I have got to believe that most of you are related to the guy.  I have always been a fan, since the beginning, although I did root for the Broncos some during the 80's(only because of the orange!) 
I have supported our team, but not all of those that have represented this team.  I too, thought that Gruden would be the next great coach in this league, but he got hit with bad mojo in 2003 by the Colts on a Monday night.  He, nor the Bucs, have been the same since.  it really was an end to an era in my opinion. 
The beginning of a new are has been captained by none other than the famous Jon Gruden, who just happens to get more PR than the majority of the teams players.  Three losing seasons out of five; amazing considering what we paid for the man.  It is interesting that none of the Gruden lovers ever brings up cap and salary issues when it concerns the 2002 season?  All Gruden lovers want to give him full credit for 2002 when he brought in McCardell and JJ, but it isn't his fault for all the other duds he brought in and drafted from 2003-2006? 
Coaching in this league is about wins and losses.  THE ONLY REASON HE IS STILL AROUND IS BECAUSE OF 2002.  But you can't live in the past forever.  The Culverhouses are not the owners anymore and the new ones expect a winning product to deliver to the fans.  Why give him two more years to prove himself.  We will have suffered through almost an entire generation of losing because of that endeavor! 
Wipe the slate clean and start over.  If the Saints, Titans, Patriots, Bears, etc. can do it, then we can to.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 30, 2006, 10:58:29 PM

THE ONLY REASON HE IS STILL AROUND IS BECAUSE OF 2002.

Clearly you've never spent more than 5 or 10 minutes talking with the Glazer boys.

#2 : October 30, 2006, 11:01:17 PM

The last time I looked, the Titans were in the same shape as Tampa.  They have a rookie QB, were cap-strapped, but stuck with their coach.  So why do you list the Titans in there????????

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 30, 2006, 11:01:24 PM

I have never talked with the Glazer boys, and don't plan on doing so in the near future.  But I'm willing to bet that Phillip Morris isn't going to be purchasing the sky box they've put me in near the cannon if this team continues to lose.  I'm sure the Glazer boys will be talking to them though. 

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 30, 2006, 11:04:25 PM

Prefer, they aren't the best example, but they did at one time start over with a new coach and make it to the big game.  Since then, they have had bad times.  I like Fisher, but I think the Titans should consider doing something different at their HC position as well.  He is full of energy, young, etc, but he isn't winning. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 30, 2006, 11:05:20 PM

I have never talked with the Glazer boys, and don't plan on doing so in the near future.

Your loss. Unlike some here, they have an amazingly deep understanding of NFL football, both the business, coaching, and personnel side. Trust me, Gruden's job is NOT in danger at this time.

But I'm willing to bet that Phillip Morris isn't going to be purchasing the sky box they've put me in near the cannon if this team continues to lose.  I'm sure the Glazer boys will be talking to them though. 

They're not hurting for revenue. Most loyal fans don't drop the seats, or club seats, or skybox when the team has a down year after winning the division title the previous year.

#6 : October 30, 2006, 11:07:12 PM

He isn't winning for the same reasons TB isn't.  How many teams win with a rookie QB?  You can research that one til the cows come home and you won't find one.  The closest you might come is Tom Brady of NE.  But when he replaced Bledsoe, I don't recall that he was in his rookie season.

#7 : October 30, 2006, 11:08:48 PM

I could care less about Phillip Morris.  Most of those club seats purchased by big companies are not bought for the pleasure of hardcore fans.  They buy them to court folks that are gonna spend big $$$ with their companies.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 30, 2006, 11:11:12 PM

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Bryan, but my wife knows Angela (Joel's wife). I think the entire Glazer family is very driven, and they will ultimately know (along with Allen) when or if the time is right to consider change amongst the coaching staff. Until then, you will have teachers, CEO's, doctors, lawyers, construction workers, etc. who think they understand the fabric of this team more than the ones who are actually running this organization. It's like that with every team; unfortunately.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 30, 2006, 11:12:29 PM

He isn't winning for the same reasons TB isn't.  How many teams win with a rookie QB?  You can research that one til the cows come home and you won't find one.  The closest you might come is Tom Brady of NE.  But when he replaced Bledsoe, I don't recall that he was in his rookie season.

Second year. They went 11-5, but the Pats started out 3-3 before getting on a roll. BTW, in Brady's 3rd career start, he threw the ball 54 times. So much for not letting the inexperienced guy toss the pill.

#10 : October 30, 2006, 11:13:47 PM

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Brian, but my wife knows Angela (Joel's wife). I think the entire Glazer family is very driven, and they will ultimately know (along with Allen) when or if the time is right to consider change amongst the coaching staff. Until then, you will have teachers, CEO's, doctors, lawyers, construction workers, etc. who think they understand the fabric of this team more than the ones who are actually running this organization. It's like that with every team; unfortunately.

Excellent post 63.  Props my friend.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 30, 2006, 11:14:35 PM

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Brian, but my wife knows Angela (Joel's wife). I think the entire Glazer family is very driven, and they will ultimately know (along with Allen) when or if the time is right to consider change amongst the coaching staff. Until then, you will have teachers, CEO's, doctors, lawyers, construction workers, etc. who think they understand the fabric of this team more than the ones who are actually running this organization. It's like that with every team; unfortunately.

Very bright fellows, very football smart. You'd be impressed. They're good with the executive office stuff, but talk X's and O's very intelligently.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 30, 2006, 11:15:58 PM

Not to prove you wrong, but the Steelers won in Ben's rookie season (Superbowl in his second). But, there aren't too many Roethlisbergers running around the NFL these days; despite their dismal record.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 30, 2006, 11:16:14 PM

OK.  We can agree to disagree.  But if the coach gets credit for winning, doesn't he get any fault for the losses?  I give him credit for winning.  I have posted several times before that he did a good job of dealing with the situation and using Simms correctly.  But then this season.  and 2003 & 2004?  Doesn't he have the final decisions on who plays QB and what plays are called or at least drawn up?  I am not a football professional like most other posters claim to be(why aren't they working for the NFL or the BUCS?), but I say he does have to take the blame for the losses. 
I will not believe the lies anymore that he just needs one more draft, one more free agent, to make us a contender; he should have thought about that during the off season.  Get busy winning, or get busy packing!!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 30, 2006, 11:17:13 PM

OK.  We can agree to disagree.  But if the coach gets credit for winning, doesn't he get any fault for the losses?  I give him credit for winning.  I have posted several times before that he did a good job of dealing with the situation and using Simms correctly.  But then this season.  and 2003 & 2004?  Doesn't he have the final decisions on who plays QB and what plays are called or at least drawn up?  I am not a football professional like most other posters claim to be(why aren't they working for the NFL or the BUCS?), but I say he does have to take the blame for the losses. 
I will not believe the lies anymore that he just needs one more draft, one more free agent, to make us a contender; he should have thought about that during the off season.  Get busy winning, or get busy packing!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm Sorry Guys.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools