Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stupid Belichick! Run the Ball! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

: October 30, 2006, 11:23:52 PM

So far only about 10 runs and over 40 passes!   What a moron.  Run the ball Belichick!!!!    You can't win if you don't run more often than that.

Oh wait, he's kicking the hell out of the Vikings.  Never mind.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 30, 2006, 11:29:24 PM

Surely Pats Fans and the local radio hosts will blasts their play calling all week.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 30, 2006, 11:35:51 PM

DON'T EVER COMPARE GRUDEN TO MR. BILL.  HE DOESN'T EVEN SCRATCH THE SURFACE; HAVE YOU FORGOT ABOUT LAST YEAR?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : October 30, 2006, 11:36:56 PM

That is ridiculous. They are in a dome, Brady's not a rookie, & the receivers are catching.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 30, 2006, 11:57:53 PM

Good analogy. Brady and Gradkowski are similarly prepared and able.  lol

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BayDay39

Second String

#5 : October 31, 2006, 12:08:01 AM

So far only about 10 runs and over 40 passes!   What a moron.  Run the ball Belichick!!!!    You can't win if you don't run more often than that.

Oh wait, he's kicking the hell out of the Vikings.  Never mind.

they faired pretty well.

"And they still have Tom Brady, and quite frankly, thats all you need." S. A. Smith

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : October 31, 2006, 12:12:22 AM

OK, smart guys, how do the Pats keep doing it every year? No down years, salary cap excuses, young players, etc.

140BPM

Practice Squad

#7 : October 31, 2006, 12:48:53 AM

Not everybody can be the Patriots.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 31, 2006, 01:27:33 AM

OK, smart guys, how do the Pats keep doing it every year? No down years, salary cap excuses, young players, etc.

No McKay-- the Pats have lost talenbt and they reloaded with multiple high draft picks while McKay pissed ours away. Why do we have to keep explaining this to you when you claim to be a buc fan for so long. Do you not remember McKay giving two #1's for KJ, Giving 2 picks for Walk, Giving another away on Coleman. Wasting picks on Anthony and Green. The Glazers giving away 2 #1's and 2 #2's. While in those same years NE traded down to gather more picks or traded high priced players for top picks. And by trading such players also loosening their cap while folks like McKay gave Simeon a 40 mil contract while he was rumored to be looking for a 32 mil dollar deal. Or the Booger blockbuster deal coming off an injury year. Are you seeing the trend Karen or should I keep giving you examples.

Name one player on offense besides Alstott and Dunn that McKay or Dungy ever drafted here that turned out to be damn good players in 6 years here-- While you are searching just rember Wyche and his scouts briught in Lynch, Brooks, and Sapp.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#9 : October 31, 2006, 07:30:20 AM

As I have said in other threads, teams that are great at scouting and making the right FA & drafts selections, then the coaching staff works with the tallent.  I think the Bucs are lacking in scouting and certain coaching positions.  There are teams that consistantly put good teams on the field year after year.  Some may stumble, but they quickly come back.  I hate the Pats, but my hat's off to them for what they have done in recent years.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 31, 2006, 07:32:35 AM

Come on Java even you of all people should know you cant compare the 2.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 31, 2006, 07:34:20 AM

after the Patriots game, Steve Young said it best for why they are so good; coaching.  It really boils down to tactics & schemes many times in this league.  Most NFL teams have talent, but it isn't presented as well by the coaching staffs as the Patriots do. 
There are a lot of reasons why the Patriots are so good.  I believe what makes so great is that the players love the coach and actually end up sounding like the guy during interviews!  It also takes leadership throughout the team; something I think is really lacking this year for the Bucs.  When do the players stand up and say enough is enough?  Take Phillips out back and let him know poor tackling isn't accepted?  Who knows. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 31, 2006, 07:35:40 AM

Come on Java even you of all people should know you cant compare the 2.

I'm just pointing out that you don't always have to run the ball to win.   Sometimes the defense is such that it's smarter to pass.   I truly believe that was the case for the Bucs sunday as well.   I don't think there's any way we would have won that game by running more.   The Giants were stacked against the run and the only reason Caddy had that one long run was because we were passing so much.   But I do think that if Galloway and Clayton had caught their passes and if we hadn't fumbled that we would have likely won due to passing like we did - even with a rookie QB.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.   But for people to cry and moan that we should have run more because you can't win a game passing 4 more times than you run is ludicrous.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 31, 2006, 08:36:17 AM

The Patriots don't keep players because the fans will raise hell if they cut or trade them.

It would appear that option isn't available to Buc fans. Prime current examples Alstott and Brooks.

The Pats don't care what the fans think, they do what they think is best for team. And their teams just keep on winning.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 31, 2006, 08:36:55 AM

The Patriots don't keep players because the fans will raise hell if they cut or trade them.

It would appear that option isn't available to Buc fans. Prime current examples Alstott and Brooks.

The Pats don't care what the fans think, they do what they think is best for team. And their teams just keep on winning.

I agree Uncle Stan.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stupid Belichick! Run the Ball! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools