Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Backup won't satisfy Garcia « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 25, 2007, 01:58:44 PM

I'm happy Garcia won't settle. You need that kind of hunger from the positional candidates. And even though I think he does have an edge going in, he won't be handed the job if he doesn't show something in August. It's not like the Bucs have jettisoned Simms..

Not yet but if Plummer turns up for TC the rumors are Simms will be the odd man out.

Yea, CJ was a rumor too..

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#16 : May 25, 2007, 03:30:26 PM

I'm happy Garcia won't settle. You need that kind of hunger from the positional candidates. And even though I think he does have an edge going in, he won't be handed the job if he doesn't show something in August. It's not like the Bucs have jettisoned Simms..

Not yet but if Plummer turns up for TC the rumors are Simms will be the odd man out.

Plummer has a career comp. %age of 57.1%. With only 2 seasons over 60%, and his TD/INT ratio is 50/50. In 136 starts, Like I said many times Gruden's most important trait in a QB is that he can run, and to me that is just stupid and the odds of finding a guy to fit the system and can make all the throws instead of making the system fit the guy is why we can win a SB going 12-4 and make the playoffs at 11-5 with the kind of QBs Gruden doesn't like, and can go 4-12 with a QB Gruden thinks fit's perfectly into his system.
I think having Gannon ruined Gruden as a coach, and in his actions he is proving he is more than willing to risk a few seasons, until he gets the guy he want's. Last season he was willing to go in with Simms, Simms was our starter, he plays bad in the first 2 games, plays better in the 3rd and gets injured, and thats it? Plummer shows up with his HOF stat's and of course when you think Jake Plummer you think winner..LOL and the guy he was willing to give the offense to just one season ago is out, after only 3 games?  I can't see that happening, unless Gruden has a split personality.
If Gruden is honest and trustworthy, then the best QB will start and he has not made up his mind on who that is. Of course I don't buy that and it would shock me if Garcia doesn't start, and I think Gruden is smart enough to put Garcia in better position to looked better in PS. Will wait and see, who is on Garcias offense and who is on Simms and which plays they get.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 25, 2007, 03:43:07 PM

Like I said many times Gruden's most important trait in a QB is that he can run,

You're a clown if you honestly think this is the most important trait with Gruden. You've proven over and over again that you have no clue

Brooks 10/55

Second String

#18 : May 25, 2007, 03:47:37 PM

Is anyone else beside me getting tired of hearing Garcia say things like "this team" and "they" when referencing the Bucs? Someone might want to let him know that he's a Buccaneer now, and that the work "we" would sound much better.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#19 : May 25, 2007, 04:21:30 PM

Like I said many times Gruden's most important trait in a QB is that he can run,

You're a clown if you honestly think this is the most important trait with Gruden. You've proven over and over again that you have no clue

I don't proclaim my opinion to be gospel as you seem to do, but my observations lead me to my opinions, and to go after a career 57% passer 50/50 TD INT ratio QB like Plummer tells me its not his decision making skills or his accuracy that made Gruden want him, so what is left? HE CAN RUN.

Oh wise one maybe you can tell me why he would want Plummer? For the 2 good season he has had, with one of the better running offense in the NFL, or because of his 55% comp. he got last season when he was benched mid season for a rookie who in the end managed much better stats than Plummer?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 25, 2007, 06:01:36 PM

I don't proclaim my opinion to be gospel

hell I don't either.

What's Bruce Allen said about Plummer? Have you been paying attention? Plummer has an insane amount of victories over the past 4 years and that's what Allen has been spitting everytime he mentions Plummer. I don't like Plummer, at all, but  QB was one of biggest needs this team had going into the off-season. Wether you like Plummer or not dude has experience and he'd make a very good back-up.

What would you have done to improve the QB position?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#21 : May 25, 2007, 06:11:50 PM

I don't proclaim my opinion to be gospel
What would you have done to improve the QB position?
Try for once to draft a franchise QB. Thats what should have been done, not an ancient QB who only has 1 decent year (if that) left in him. Strictly to save his ass here in Tampa. Sorry I'm not buying the Garcia is the savior crap, he is old, doesn't have to worry about fighting for the job or even performing that well in order to keep it (Unless he pulls a 2 TD 15 int line).

JC510

Practice Squad

#22 : May 25, 2007, 06:36:25 PM

If Simms makes the right reads there's nothing Garcia can do except sit and watch because his arm is far superior. At times he's showed he can make the right reads and the offense looked pretty much unstoppable. But other times he was a disaster and Gruden was tearing him a new one everytime he came off the field. But in his defense the offensive line we put out there in the first 3 games was an embarrassment (especially week 1 vs that powerhouse defense) and he was probably panicing and coming off his reads way too quick. Now with basically an entirely new offensive line to work with Simms is gonna play like he did in 2005.

#23 : May 25, 2007, 06:41:22 PM

If Simms makes the right reads there's nothing Garcia can do except sit and watch because his arm is far superior. At times he's showed he can make the right reads and the offense looked pretty much unstoppable. But other times he was a disaster and Gruden was tearing him a new one everytime he came off the field. But in his defense the offensive line we put out there in the first 3 games was an embarrassment (especially week 1 vs that powerhouse defense) and he was probably panicing and coming off his reads way too quick. Now with basically an entirely new offensive line to work with Simms is gonna play like he did in 2005.

You mean that great 10 td, 7 int performance? Simms, IMO, just doesn't have it. Garcia will have to fall flat on his face to not be our starter in Seattle.

JC510

Practice Squad

#24 : May 25, 2007, 07:13:57 PM

You mean that great 10 td, 7 int performance? Simms, IMO, just doesn't have it. Garcia will have to fall flat on his face to not be our starter in Seattle.

No, I mean performances like these...
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051113_WAS@TB (120 QB rating, 0 turnovers, Bucs win)
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051211_TB@CAR  (7/8, 67 yards on 3rd down, 0 turnovers, Bucs win)
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051204_TB@NO  (90 QB rating, 0 turnovers, Bucs win)
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20060101_NO@TB  (93 QB rating, 0 turnovers, Bucs win)

If the offensive line does its job then Simms can do his.

#25 : May 25, 2007, 07:30:29 PM

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051113_WAS@TB (120 QB rating, 0 turnovers, Bucs win) i'll give you this one

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051211_TB@CAR (7/8, 67 yards on 3rd down, 0 turnovers, Bucs win)20 completions for 138 yds? nuthin spectacular

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051204_TB@NO (90 QB rating, 0 turnovers, Bucs win)12/21, 120 yds? 4 ints by Brooks gave us this game

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20060101_NO@TB (93 QB rating, 0 turnovers, Bucs win) 12/25, 143 yds? Below 50%

Pretty pedestrian #'s if you ask me. Defense carried us in 05, Simms was just along for the ride, IMO, of course.

JC510

Practice Squad

#26 : May 25, 2007, 07:38:04 PM

Against Carolina he was amazing on 3rd downs and you write it off as "nuthin spectacular".

It's not all about completion % and yards. It's about not turning the ball over. He's proven that with good protection he won't do anything stupid (unlike Griese) and he has "star wars" capabilities if the opportunity presents itself but he won't force it (if he has the protection) if it's not there.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 25, 2007, 07:41:49 PM

I agree 100%, Simms is awful for this offense and in '05 all he did well was not lose games for the team. He was Trent Dilfer...

JC510

Practice Squad

#28 : May 25, 2007, 07:46:28 PM

I agree 100%, Simms is awful for this offense and in '05 all he did well was not lose games for the team. He was Trent Dilfer...

Guess you missed the first Redskins game?

#29 : May 25, 2007, 07:56:08 PM

It's not all about completion % and yards. It's about not turning the ball over.

I agree, to an extent. We don't have the #1 def that we had then, so our qb will have to be a playmaker, not a caretaker.

He's proven that with good protection he won't do anything stupid (unlike Griese) and he has "star wars" capabilities if the opportunity presents itself but he won't force it (if he has the protection) if it's not there.

I don't agree. What he's proven is that he can't stay healthy for a full season and that he's quite proficient in the batted balls catagory, which i find very frustrating.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Backup won't satisfy Garcia « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools