Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Bucs should sign Antonio Bryant « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ChinaBucs19

Practice Squad
« : May 24, 2007, 12:27:37 PM »

This hasn’t been talked much about, but Bryant was actually a pretty good punt returner his freshman year in college, and he possess all the physical tools to be a pretty successful in the NFL.  If the Bucs signed the guy to a contract with no signing bonus, then what’s the risk, we let him try and win the punt return job and if he does we have a punt returner who will serve as an experienced back up WR who would be more then serviceable to step up if injuries occurred.  If he messes up again, is a distraction…anything, the Bucs can simply cut him with nothing really invested in him besides some reps in training camp.

So why not?

ChinaBucs19

Practice Squad
« #1 : May 24, 2007, 12:34:42 PM »

For what its worth...(probably not very much)...

Personal Bio

Bryant was an all-Dade County and all-district selection as a senior at Northwestern High School in Miami, Fla., after recording 53 receptions for 953 yards (17.9 avg.) and 12 touchdowns. He helped lead the Panthers to a 16-0 record and the Florida 6A championship. The team was also ranked fourth in the nation by USA Today. A three-year team captain at Northwestern, Bryant went on to play in the Dade County All-Star Game and earned "Prime Time Prospect" recognition from BlueChip Illustrated. He also lettered twice in track and field. Bryant was an active participant in the Cowboys Rookie Club community service program in 2002. He was also very popular with the preschoolers at the ChildCareGroup carving pumpkins and reading The Great Pumpkin out loud to the group. During the holidays, he provided much needed clothes and toys for several underprivileged children as part of The Salvation Army Angel Tree Program. A scholar-athlete honoree, Bryant graduated from high school with honors and majored in justice administration at Pitt.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
« #2 : May 24, 2007, 02:34:45 PM »

he was a frosh 9 years ago -- so i'd be a bit nervous about a guy that hasn't turned kicks around in 8 or 9 years.

ChinaBucs19

Practice Squad
« #3 : May 24, 2007, 03:00:16 PM »

he was a frosh 9 years ago -- so i'd be a bit nervous about a guy that hasn't turned kicks around in 8 or 9 years.

just becasue he hasint done it in a bit, means we shouldent let him compete?...im not saying hand him the job, but bring him to camp and lets see how he does

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #4 : May 24, 2007, 03:43:07 PM »

Because the team only has one wide receiver who can get more than half a step of separation.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bklynbucs11

Starter

« #5 : May 24, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »

I'll say this much. His personality is terrible. Absolutely awful.

But, the guy caught 70 ball for 1060 yards - in Cleveland - with Charlie Frye and Trent Dilfer as his QB.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #6 : May 24, 2007, 03:57:39 PM »

The guy has talent BUT

1. His personality doesn't play nice with others. Particularly with coaches.
2. He's not detail oriented. He tends to not be in the right place at the right time too often - which is why coaches yell at him and see #1 for that problem.
3. He whines when he doesn't get the ball enough and he doesn't get the ball enough because of #2 and QB's don't trust him.

I think I posted this on the PI board but in Dallas he bought his ticket out of town for throwing his jersey at Parecells because he wasn't catching enough balls.....in practice.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #7 : May 24, 2007, 04:07:55 PM »

The guy has talent BUT

1. His personality doesn't play nice with others. Particularly with coaches.
2. He's not detail oriented. He tends to not be in the right place at the right time too often - which is why coaches yell at him and see #1 for that problem.
3. He whines when he doesn't get the ball enough and he doesn't get the ball enough because of #2 and QB's don't trust him.

I think I posted this on the PI board but in Dallas he bought his ticket out of town for throwing his jersey at Parecells because he wasn't catching enough balls.....in practice.

Gruden-Bryant........a match made in heaven.......for the local rags and WDAE.   ::)

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #8 : May 24, 2007, 04:12:09 PM »

What a D0uche!

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

mark2001

Pro Bowler
« #9 : May 24, 2007, 06:12:02 PM »

Well, since we fans are talking about him so much, I'd guess the probability of signing him is very small....

It is sad to say that "feel real good" is correct.   But to take it one step further, during most of our teams history, we have had few receivers that could both get off of the line clean and have separation from DB's.  And other than Galloway, I'm not sure we have any other than him right now.

Buckaroo55

Second String

« #10 : May 24, 2007, 06:52:30 PM »

If he gets his personal life in order he would make a nice #3 or #4 receiver, because God knows we could use one.

scope88

Starter

« #11 : May 24, 2007, 07:06:41 PM »

If he gets his personal life in order he would make a nice #3 or #4 receiver, because God knows we could use one.
Can we focus on a #2 first please?

dbtb135

Practice Squad

« #12 : May 24, 2007, 07:11:24 PM »

Because he's not as old as Hilliard, as unproven as Stovall, as unreliable as Boston, or as inconsistent as Clayton? Thats my only guess..

« #13 : May 24, 2007, 08:31:38 PM »

well he would be good if he wasnt in trouble and getting arrested waste of time I wouldn't have said that a year ago though

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #14 : May 25, 2007, 12:10:55 PM »

I'm iffy on this, i mean we reached with David Boston now again with Bryant?

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Bucs should sign Antonio Bryant « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools