Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Bucs should sign Antonio Bryant « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bbs

Rookie

#15 : May 26, 2007, 10:39:46 PM

I hope you guys are joking about signing this piece of trash!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 27, 2007, 03:32:16 AM

How about why the Bucs should NOT sign Antonio?

The list would be longer, methinks.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 27, 2007, 08:49:28 AM

Galloway, Bryant & Boston with Hilliard as your 3rd down chain mover and Stoval as your red zone receiver. Chad Owens can be your punt returner and kick off returner. That receiving corps has some 'juice'.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

bbs

Rookie

#18 : May 27, 2007, 09:16:10 AM

Galloway, Bryant & Boston with Hilliard as your 3rd down chain mover and Stoval as your red zone receiver. Chad Owens can be your punt returner and kick off returner. That receiving corps has some 'juice'.
And some turds!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 27, 2007, 10:02:58 AM

Yes, Clayton, Jones and Gessner would be much better picks based on their NFL production at WR. That's the ticket. By the way, Clayton is still dropping passes in this years OTA's. At least he's consistent.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

buckit

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 27, 2007, 11:35:25 AM

If I'm in Gruden's spot, I'd level with the kid...something along the lines of

"Thank you for working out for us today.  We are all aware of your physical talent.  However, we are also very aware of your negative actions both on and off the field.  Therefore, we have decided to off you a 1 year, $1.2 million contract, voidable at our leisure.  If you play well, and stay out of trouble, there will be a bigger, long term contract next season.  If not, it was nice knowin ya.  Before you scoff at this offer, keep one thing in mind.  It is nearly June 1st...how many workouts have you been brought in for?  Talent just ain't enough in this league, son.  Here is our offer.  You have 24 hours to sign it and report to OTA's."

That's how you handle a guy like this.  Bill Bellicheck and Mike Shannahan are pretty damn good at it.  Gruden is tough, but still a bit of a player's coach.  He needs to be a real hardass on this signing.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

da49erfan

Starter

#21 : May 27, 2007, 11:48:56 AM

i am going to throw in my 2 cents here...

a team that was in desperate need of WRs, being the 9ers, cut him from the team. this was before ashlie lelie and darrel jackson. in SF, he was known as the 2nd Terrel Owens.

now if you can bring him in for training camp and make him aware that the minute he screws up he is gone like what buck it said, maybe not a bad idea. he has talent but IMO his attitude and character issues over ride his talent.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 27, 2007, 11:59:23 AM

"problem players", under the right coaching and dicipline can acheive greatness.  Remember when Corey Dillion couldn't buy a job? 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Badabingnrt

Starter

#23 : May 28, 2007, 01:39:16 PM

i guess we aren't going to sign him?  I would have figured we would have done it by now since he worked out with them before the weekend...

I know the guys got "off the field" problems, but our WR core is anything but sturdy.  Galloway is a good #1 WR, but he is 36 years old and aside from the past 2 seasons has been very injury prone throughout his career.  I still have high hoeps for Michael Clayton being a starter for us and that Stovall can be a starter or at the very least a slot reciever for us in the future.  The thing is, Stovall is just 22 years old and Clayton has also had lingering injury problems.

Many of us were wondering why we even used a first on a WR the year we drafted Clayton.  But a McCardell hold out and injuries to Jurevicius and Galloway made it clear that you can never have to many WRs....

1. Joey Galloway
2. Michael Clayton
3. Antonio Bryant
4. Maurice Stovall
5. David Boston
6. Ike Hilliard

Pretty solid core consisting of 4 former first rounders, a 3rd rounder, and whatever the hell Antonio Bryant was...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 29, 2007, 08:47:54 PM

He must have worked out and tanked.  Haven't heard anything about this in a while.

Wow.  I am sad.

not.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 29, 2007, 08:50:10 PM

I think our bad karma truck is all full, no thanks.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 29, 2007, 08:54:22 PM

I think our bad karma truck is all full, no thanks.
I agree.

Tampa Bay is definitely the "Get a second chance at NFL life" team.

Most of them don;t pan out...and I guess it doesn;t hurt to check things out...

But sheesh.

I never want to here Gruden talk about high character guys again.  He signs whoever, whenever.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Bucs should sign Antonio Bryant « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools