Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was at the Game. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 31, 2006, 09:49:27 AM

It is good to hear that you had fun watching the Bucs play even though you had to watch the game at the Meadowlands *burrrrrrrrrr* ;)

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 31, 2006, 09:56:17 AM

Offensive line looked good against a good pass rushing defense.  Trueblood looked massive, and he and Joseph looked like they were playing with their heads on a swivel.  The right side is set.  Davis played well, and I didn't notice anything bad about Mahan either.

The Giants fans are actually pretty decent, taunting but not malicious.  Got a few "Good game"s on the way out of that concrete dungeon.  It's funny, they said Giants fans are an older crowd, pretty sedate, but the Jet fans have a larger young-crowd base, and they tend to get into scraps, and verbal abuse.

Another thing is, did anyone notice how calm Gradkowski was in those weather conditions and the crowd he was facing?  He was in full command of the huddle, and never seemed to get rattled.  He slithers his way through the pocket pretty well when he has to, and once again, no turnovers on his part.  This guy DOES have a certain swagger when walking toward the huddle, and in time, he might become a QB that is deemed "a steal".  I have a feeling he will have a great game against the Saints.  Playing in Giant Stadium, in that wind, against that pass rush with that crowd SCREAMING at him had to make him grow up quick, IMO.

I re-watched the game last night.  AD struggled a few times in that game.  He got beat on and inside move by the rookie and then was almost run over another time. Raggedy Ann was horrible.  As a matter of fact the tackle, who's name escapes me, went unblocked on a play when he was head up on Mahan, I don't get that at all...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 31, 2006, 10:02:02 AM

Boid, do you take back the noodle arm comment? He nailed three of those deep balls in tough
conditions. Just dropped. Nice take on your Meadowlands experience. I was there last year
for the Jets' game and the Griese meltdown. Or was that two years ago?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 31, 2006, 10:02:18 AM

Offensive line looked good against a good pass rushing defense.  Trueblood looked massive, and he and Joseph looked like they were playing with their heads on a swivel.  The right side is set.  Davis played well, and I didn't notice anything bad about Mahan either.

The Giants fans are actually pretty decent, taunting but not malicious.  Got a few "Good game"s on the way out of that concrete dungeon.  It's funny, they said Giants fans are an older crowd, pretty sedate, but the Jet fans have a larger young-crowd base, and they tend to get into scraps, and verbal abuse.

Another thing is, did anyone notice how calm Gradkowski was in those weather conditions and the crowd he was facing?  He was in full command of the huddle, and never seemed to get rattled.  He slithers his way through the pocket pretty well when he has to, and once again, no turnovers on his part.  This guy DOES have a certain swagger when walking toward the huddle, and in time, he might become a QB that is deemed "a steal".  I have a feeling he will have a great game against the Saints.  Playing in Giant Stadium, in that wind, against that pass rush with that crowd SCREAMING at him had to make him grow up quick, IMO.

I re-watched the game last night.  AD struggled a few times in that game.  He got beat on and inside move by the rookie and then was almost run over another time. Raggedy Ann was horrible.  As a matter of fact the tackle, who's name escapes me, went unblocked on a play when he was head up on Mahan, I don't get that at all...

Didn't really notice Mahan too much, but I will rewatch the game.

I know that True and Davin looked imposing out there.  Big guys we got anchoring the right side.

Cool, we might have some anchors finally!  Wait till next year fellas.

The Bcus got big time jack to spend, they got some great draft picks coming up, it is all going to be gravy soon enough!  And GRads is learning on the fly, he'll get it down soon enough.

I do think the Bucs will resign, or negotiate, with Chris Simms, and I think he will be back as a backup.  Rattay is as good as gone, IMO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 31, 2006, 10:04:30 AM

Boid, do you take back the noodle arm comment? He nailed three of those deep balls in tough
conditions. Just dropped. Nice take on your Meadowlands experience. I was there last year
for the Jets' game and the Griese meltdown. Or was that two years ago?
I don't take it back until he consistently makes it happen.  It hasn't clicked just yet, but he did make some WTF throws in the Meadowlands.  I don't know how many QBs could have thrown the ball that accurately (the Joey drops), with the wind IN his face.  He made it happen though, so kudos for that.

Joey owes Grads an apology, and a few dinners, that is for certain.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 31, 2006, 10:05:34 AM

Mahan was abused by the rookie DT Coffield the entire game and somehow I am not suprised.

Eli10

Second String

#21 : October 31, 2006, 10:10:04 AM

I was only sad because the Bucs didn't get the win.

Let me tell you something though: The Bucs should not have thrown the ball as much as they did. Being there, at the tailgates, in the stadium, it was cold (chilly), and the description of the wind defies what the announcers could have said about it. It was bad. I was talking to a few Buc fans, and I dropped the twenty carry stat (Bucs undefeated when Caddy gets the 20 plus carries). The common consensus amongst all of us was he would need forty. That wind played a huge difference in gameplanning, that is for sure. No one could throw a ball in that crap, and any deep passes (espescially the one to Burress) were basically luck and the receivers skill set. Those guys had to keep an eye on knuckleballs out there. It (the pigskin) was dancing on its way to the receiver.

Galloway really hurt the team though. He should have caught at least two of those passes that were well placed under HORRID conditions, and that would have changed the entire game. It was a field position game, and the defense was playing decently. Those drops were HUGE, and Joey should be ashamed. But everyone makes mistakes, but a veteran of Joeys skill level should have not have dropped those. [banghead]

Caddy was a non-factor, and his fumble was inexcusable as well. I don't know if the wind played a part in altering the flight of the pitch towards his hands, but it came close enough, and he should have wrapped it up. Huge turnover. Game altering really.

The O-line played decently, against a Umenyioraless defense, but Strahan was a non-factor. I loved it when a Giants "fan" called Simeon out on his performance, saying he really made a difference, while Strahan was basically a dud against a "improving" O-line. I let him know that L.T.s record still stands (in my mind at least, they didn't keep track of Sacks back then anyway, which is a shame really), and he said look at the scoreboard. At least he wins that one. I really would have liked to see more runs, but it wasn't my call.

Giants Stadium is a dump. The garbage you seen on TV was only a very small bit of all the trash floating around that dump...it was hillarious watching the bags and papers fly around the field. One thing, it sure does swirl in the stadium. I guess that is a huge home-field advantage.

The defense in the early part of the game had me weirded out. They actually manned up, and I never thought I would see that. I think they were in a Cover 1 or something, I remember seeing the corners shift with the wideouts, and was scratching my head on that. But might as well change things up, keep the O on their toes. Hovan played with some juice. But the Bucs not playing a Cover 2? Funky.

All in all, I think the Bucs could have fared better if they would have run more, even down, a run was just a good as a short pass in that game. At least, it was in my opinion. The balls were just fluttering out there. Nosediving, blowing sideways...I almost had to laugh. I think Caddy might have been able to do more damage, but hey...whatever right. We all got to work tomorrow, life goes on...thanks GF63 for that one. Giants fans are idiots, not so much because they run their yaps, but because they actually taunt EACH OTHER!!! I saw a few arguments I thought were going to blow up into fights with guys leaving their seats and everything...hey. At least they were yelling at each other, and not me...well actually...

I went to the bathroom, which is the definition of germ warfare, and actually went through the exit area. There was no line ;), so I went through it. I cut a guy off into the stall, and he was pissed (I would be too, but hey...you gotta go, you gotta go). So that was strike 2. This guy yells, "This so and so just went through the exit door, and cut me off! And he is a BUcs fan! I oughta kick his ass!" Something very close to that...so I yell back, "I got a free hand available, so I wouldn't bet on that one". I got to admit, it was low on my part to cut a guy off like that, and he had a point. But screw it. Whatever. I didn't walk away mad, but he sure was "pissed". ;)

Anyway, I got to see my Bucs play, it was awesome, GO BUCS! There is always next week. Payback!

But really, to this moment, I am befuddled as to why Gruden would not have run the ball more. I could have counted on both hands how many times he "Pounded the Rock". He should change his motto to "Air the Rock", and have an empty jar displayed prominently in the lockerroom after that game.

And FWIW, that sequence in which they couldn't get 1 measly yard, in TWO tries was pitiful. Embarrassing to say the least. There is no excuse for that, and they should have run it with A-Train right up their gut. :-

Ah well.

This is a sensational post. I really agree with those above in saying you truly captivated the experience.  I don't think Giants Stadium is a dump, but when you go to Raymond James, I can see how it would be considered that.  

I also agree by watching the game that Gradkowski was extremely poised. I really like this kid and hope, for your sake, they don't run him out of town.  Be patient with him and good things will happen.

I would say Strahan made three good plays, but Rice got the sack and therefore the recognition.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#22 : October 31, 2006, 10:15:41 AM

AM I THE ONLY BUCS FAN WITH BALLS???  LIVING IN CA WITH THE BLACK HOLE A RAIDER FANS WHO HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO KILL OPPOSING FANS AND PERSONALLY HAVE THROWN BLOWS FOR MY TEAM!!!  SO WHEN i SEE SOMEONE WRITE , OH HOW WERE THE FANS I HEARD THEY WERE PRETTY MEAN, OR SOME STUPID LIKE THAT, I SAY PULL THE D@#$ OUT YOUR A$$ AND GROW SOME BALLS!!!  I GUESS THE WEST COAST JUST ROLLS A LIL DIFFERENTLY.  

BUCS FAN FOR LIFE!!!

Eli10

Second String

#23 : October 31, 2006, 10:23:33 AM

AM I THE ONLY BUCS FAN WITH BALLS???  LIVING IN CA WITH THE BLACK HOLE A RAIDER FANS WHO HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO KILL OPPOSING FANS AND PERSONALLY HAVE THROWN BLOWS FOR MY TEAM!!!  SO WHEN i SEE SOMEONE WRITE , OH HOW WERE THE FANS I HEARD THEY WERE PRETTY MEAN, OR SOME STUPID LIKE THAT, I SAY PULL THE D@#$ OUT YOUR A$$ AND GROW SOME BALLS!!!  I GUESS THE WEST COAST JUST ROLLS A LIL DIFFERENTLY. 

BUCS FAN FOR LIFE!!!

Dude, lay off the drugs. You're tough for living in Oakland...but at least you don't live in NY.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 31, 2006, 10:30:12 AM

AM I THE ONLY BUCS FAN WITH BALLS???  LIVING IN CA WITH THE BLACK HOLE A RAIDER FANS WHO HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO KILL OPPOSING FANS AND PERSONALLY HAVE THROWN BLOWS FOR MY TEAM!!!  SO WHEN i SEE SOMEONE WRITE , OH HOW WERE THE FANS I HEARD THEY WERE PRETTY MEAN, OR SOME STUPID LIKE THAT, I SAY PULL THE D@#$ OUT YOUR A$$ AND GROW SOME BALLS!!!  I GUESS THE WEST COAST JUST ROLLS A LIL DIFFERENTLY. 

BUCS FAN FOR LIFE!!!

Yeah dude.  You are the only one with some marbles.  And they are resting prominently on your chin.

What are you trying to say?  I can hardly understand your point of view?  That you throw knucks in Oaktown, that you get down like Too Short?  People have been killed during Oakland games?  When?

And again, it is "INDUCT" Alstott.  Still trying to help you out bro... ::)

Eli10

Second String

#25 : October 31, 2006, 10:38:39 AM

BUCS FAN FOR LIFE!!!

Yeah dude.  You are the only one with some marbles.  And they are resting prominently on your chin.

What are you trying to say?  I can hardly understand your point of view?  That you throw knucks in Oaktown, that you get down like Too Short?  People have been killed during Oakland games?  When?

And again, it is "INDUCT" Alstott.  Still trying to help you out bro... ::)

I've been to Oakland and It ain't all it's cracked up to be. this guy's nuts.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#26 : October 31, 2006, 11:54:01 AM

STEELERS FAN STABBED TO DEATH BY A RAIDER FAN IN OAKLAND, DO YOUR HOMEWORK JR.   OH BUT YOU MUST LIVE ON THE EAST COAST HUH ELI10 YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#27 : October 31, 2006, 11:57:36 AM

HEY BOID STINK ENDUCT IS A INSIDE JOKE WITH ME AND MY PARTNERS CALM DOWN POINT DEXTER

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 31, 2006, 11:59:21 AM

GOING TO OAKLAND ON YOUR MADDEN 2007 AINT THE SAME BRO

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 31, 2006, 11:59:54 AM

HEY BOID STINK ENDUCT IS A INSIDE JOKE WITH ME AND MY PARTNERS CALM DOWN POINT DEXTER
I'm speechless......

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was at the Game. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools