Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Elijah Dukes = « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 25, 2007, 02:55:09 PM

But he can ball ..... Play him.

Its the Rays, does keeping one player and compromising your morals make that much of a difference.   ???  They would go from no chance of seeing the playoffs to less than no chance of seeing the playoffs……BFD.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 25, 2007, 02:59:19 PM

Its the Rays, does keeping one player and compromising your morals make that much of a difference.  ??? They would go from no chance of seeing the playoffs to less than no chance of seeing the playoffs……BFD.

lol

ouch

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#17 : May 25, 2007, 04:15:08 PM

Elijah Dukes = Fine Upstanding citizen, valued member of our community.

RJ has convinced me of that.

#18 : May 25, 2007, 04:21:04 PM

LMAO!!!

Good heart?

What good heart?

Cat kept talking about how the only thing he thought about was suicide in between his coke snorts....yep good guy right there!

#19 : May 25, 2007, 04:24:05 PM

It's not like Elijah is even a big part of the team's future plans, he's not a cornerstone player for us, those would be Delmon - Carl- BJ - Kazmir - Shields on the current roster, maybe Aki if he's forced to 2B or if Evan switches positions, otherwise Dukes is just a nice role player until he reaches his prime when he should be a .300/.400 type corner OFer.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#20 : May 25, 2007, 04:26:18 PM

LMAO!!!

Good heart?

What good heart?

Cat kept talking about how the only thing he thought about was suicide in between his coke snorts....yep good guy right there!

Better than talking about killing his wife and kids.......

#21 : May 25, 2007, 04:32:26 PM

Yep, let Elijah go, and if he turns into Josh Hamilton all the little whiners will whine again. The guy is obviously the devil hence why he was just in Disney last week enjoying time with his kids, or how he stays for everyone who wants an autograph, or how Riggans said he'd take a bullet for him, the guy is oing through a nasty time and his temper got the best of him, notice that he's been fine on the field? No ejections or anything like that? The power of 24 other men behind him, as a friend, and teammate are shining through on Elijah, he doesn't have Tamargo telling him he's an idiot in the dugout for doing nothing, he doesn't have Ryan Knox getting in his face, he's got a bunch of good kids around him.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 25, 2007, 04:35:40 PM

How can anybody not come to the conclusion that Dukes is trash?  He's on tape threatening to kill his wife and kids.  He sent a picture of a handgun to her.  How can anyone possibly defend this guy?

#23 : May 25, 2007, 04:38:29 PM

Nobody's validated that it was actually him, and if a woman took all the money from your bank account and wanted 28,000 in child care a month when you make 29,000 how would you react?

If he said those things he was over the line, but it's really not as big of a story as people make it to be, this should've been private with NiShea and Elijah, not all over the place so JP Peterson can ride his white horse of justice aka Josh Hamilton.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 25, 2007, 04:45:41 PM

It's not like Elijah is even a big part of the team's future plans, he's not a cornerstone player for us, those would be Delmon - Carl- BJ - Kazmir - Shields on the current roster, maybe Aki if he's forced to 2B or if Evan switches positions, otherwise Dukes is just a nice role player until he reaches his prime when he should be a .300/.400 type corner OFer.

Not Guzman, Seo, Navarro, Jackson, y'know, prospects you "fleeced" the Dodger out of?..  :D

#25 : May 25, 2007, 04:46:09 PM

LMAO!!!

Good heart?

What good heart?

So you compare depression to uncontrollable fits of rage that got Dukes expelled from high school for pushing a teacher, and banned from AAA Durham for fighting coaches and players?

You need some real perspective RJ. Maybe in a few years when you are old enough to be tempted by coke you will understand that you don't have to be a bad person to be overcome by drug addiction. Ive never done coke myself, even though almost eveyrone i know has/does, but I dont look down on anyone who is hooked or has been hooked. Ive known too many great, great people who have had their problems with drugs to cast judgment on these people.

Hamilton made a bad decision in life, but other than that he is a good person.

I doubt you will EVER see Elijah Dukes get standing ovations the way Hamilton has.

#26 : May 25, 2007, 04:54:10 PM

Not Guzman, Seo, Navarro, Jackson, y'know, prospects you "fleeced" the Dodger out of?.. :D

You forgot Ruggiano.

Also I've changed my stance on the Hendo - Seo/Navarro deal, I know Navy is young, and I really do like Ruggiano, but I think Hendrickson > Seo is obvious now.

Cater / Baez for Tiffany / Jackson is eh

Lugo for Guzman / Pedroza is a win IMO.

#27 : May 25, 2007, 04:55:40 PM

I really don't care if Wonderboy gets standing ovations, .261/.336 aren't all that special.

#28 : May 25, 2007, 05:05:01 PM

This day in baseball (May 25)
1922 After being named only six days ago, Babe Ruth loses the captaincy of the Yankees for his actions during a game against the Senators at the Polo Grounds. After being thrown out at second base from the outfield, the ‘Bambino’ takes exception with the call and throws dirt into the face of umpire and then after being ejected he goes into the stands and attacks an heckling fan.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 25, 2007, 05:10:24 PM

Not Guzman, Seo, Navarro, Jackson, y'know, prospects you "fleeced" the Dodger out of?.. :D

You forgot Ruggiano.

Also I've changed my stance on the Hendo - Seo/Navarro deal, I know Navy is young, and I really do like Ruggiano, but I think Hendrickson > Seo is obvious now.

Cater / Baez for Tiffany / Jackson is eh

Lugo for Guzman / Pedroza is a win IMO.

I was just ribbin' ya. Neither team really benfitted greatly from those transactions, at least not yet, but Hedrickson has exceeded what I expected as a spot starter this year. I'd rather have him out there than Bret Bomb-ko as #5 when Schmidt comes back..

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Elijah Dukes = « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools