Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Elijah Dukes = « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

MBF

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 25, 2007, 05:12:57 PM

LMAO!!!

Good heart?

What good heart?

Cat kept talking about how the only thing he thought about was suicide in between his coke snorts....yep good guy right there!

So you compare depression to uncontrollable fits of rage that got Dukes expelled from high school for pushing a teacher, and banned from AAA Durham for fighting coaches and players?

You need some real perspective RJ. Maybe in a few years when you are old enough to be tempted by coke you will understand that you don't have to be a bad person to be overcome by drug addiction. Ive never done coke myself, even though almost eveyrone i know has/does, but I dont look down on anyone who is hooked or has been hooked. Ive known too many great, great people who have had their problems with drugs to cast judgment on these people.

Hamilton made a bad decision in life, but other than that he is a good person.

I doubt you will EVER see Elijah Dukes get standing ovations the way Hamilton has.
Yeah, drug addicts are exactly what society needs.

#31 : May 25, 2007, 05:20:16 PM

It's not like Elijah is even a big part of the team's future plans, he's not a cornerstone player for us, those would be Delmon - Carl- BJ - Kazmir - Shields on the current roster, maybe Aki if he's forced to 2B or if Evan switches positions, otherwise Dukes is just a nice role player until he reaches his prime when he should be a .300/.400 type corner OFer.

Not Guzman, Seo, Navarro, Jackson, y'know, prospects you "fleeced" the Dodger out of?.. :D

You forgot Ruggiano.

Also I've changed my stance on the Hendo - Seo/Navarro deal, I know Navy is young, and I really do like Ruggiano, but I think Hendrickson > Seo is obvious now.

Cater / Baez for Tiffany / Jackson is eh

Lugo for Guzman / Pedroza is a win IMO.

I was just ribbin' ya. Neither team really benfitted greatly from those transactions, at least not yet, but Hedrickson has exceeded what I expected as a spot starter this year. I'd rather have him out there than Bret Bomb-ko as #5 when Schmidt comes back..

Seo just isn't good...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#32 : May 25, 2007, 05:29:14 PM

I really don't care if Wonderboy gets standing ovations, .261/.336 aren't all that special.

But Dukes .231/.341 is?

Hammy has OPS of .857 also, Dukes is .811.

But Hamilton has gotten off the drugs and Dukes is out passing threats to kill kids and being a thug, but Hammy gets your wrath and Dukes gets your love.

LOL!

#33 : May 25, 2007, 05:30:58 PM

Dukes OBP > Hamilton's, that's really all that matters.

#34 : May 25, 2007, 05:31:32 PM

Hamilton is on the DL with the same stuff Brown and Giambi were out with, and yet he's never made a trip to Japan....hmmm...what else could they all share....hmmm....

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#35 : May 25, 2007, 05:32:40 PM

Dukes OBP > Hamilton's, that's really all that matters.

Yeah, OPS doesn't mean a thing.  It's only the thing most people look at most to guage a hitter's production.

Neither does Hamilton's superior outfield play.  WHo needs defense right?

LOL.

Hamilton > Dukes.

Both on and off the field.

#36 : May 25, 2007, 05:33:32 PM

OPS is flawed, it counts singles twice.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#37 : May 25, 2007, 05:33:51 PM

Hamilton is on the DL with the same stuff Brown and Giambi were out with, and yet he's never made a trip to Japan....hmmm...what else could they all share....hmmm....

Talk about SPECULATION!

You are better than that.

WHy don't you just get off Dukes jock and let this all play out.  WHy sit here and defend the guy like he's your dad?  

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#38 : May 25, 2007, 05:34:57 PM

LOL.

It's the same for everyone.

#39 : May 25, 2007, 05:35:17 PM

I'm the one who's tried dropping it 3-4 times, you're the one who keeps speculating how I think he's a good guy, when I've never said that. I will comment on JP Peterson's apparent hatred of Delmon and BJ though.

#40 : May 25, 2007, 05:36:00 PM

LOL.

It's the same for everyone.
I know, I was just making a general statement.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#41 : May 25, 2007, 05:39:54 PM

I'm the one who's tried dropping it 3-4 times, you're the one who keeps speculating how I think he's a good guy, when I've never said that. I will comment on JP Peterson's apparent hatred of Delmon and BJ though.

I didn't bring it back up.  I left it for dead yesterday, but I came in today and saw this thread and you defending the guy again like he's your pops.

I just don't see how Dukes has earned the benefit of the doubt here.  I don't see how any normal human being can defend him like this. 

#42 : May 25, 2007, 05:41:47 PM

It's not Elijah Dukes' fault... "Matt Lindstrom" is right above "My Wife" in his phonebook.

stole that joke, but God is it great.

Apparently Riggans and Delmon aren't normal human beings either.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#43 : May 25, 2007, 05:44:27 PM

LOL.

Ok man.
Like I said, you convinced me, Dukes is a solid citizen.  It's just an empty threat, no big deal saying you're going to kill your kids.  Not at all.  Going to a school and having to be restrained by police?  It's all good. Not a big deal either.

My bad.

#44 : May 25, 2007, 05:45:59 PM

School security =/= police, he wasn't even arrested.

Ray = master of false dilemnia's, it's either ZOMG HE'S EVIL or ZOMG HE'S GOOD, it's not that black and white Ray, although JP Peterson's world is, and it shows with his 'eyes closed' stance to Kaz, and his 'EVIL POT SMOKER' view on Dukes.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Elijah Dukes = « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools