Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Front office... « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: October 31, 2006, 08:20:31 AM

I wonder how many fans think the conversation went like this when Allen was brought in:
Office - So Bruce, we know that our team is in shambles and we understand that it will take at least three years to produce a winner.  Our coach is awesome and all he needs is some veteran talent to take our explosion of talented youth to the next level.  Listen Bruce, it will be just fine with us if the next three seasons are rebuilding, we don't expect that much from you, we are only paying you millions to do your job.  How does that sound?
Of course it didn't go like that at all.  Like every other front office they expect to win, and win now.  Fans are fooling themselves to believe that we just throw in the towel because of one or two players not doing well.  This is supposed to be a team sport last time I checked.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 31, 2006, 08:43:14 AM

I'm sorry to say that you really don't know what you're talking about. The Glazer family is well aware of what the circumstances were with this team. They knew that the window was closing on the opportunity they had when they went out and got Gruden. Why do you think they were so focused on someone who could uplift the offense quickly in order to capitalize on the dominating defense before the defensive decline?

Why do you think they gave up the picks and the cash they did? Why do you think that Rich McKay tried to make an end run on them and hire Marvin Lewis through the back door? Because they KNEW exactly what they were doing and exactly what was going on.

The Glazer boys fully understand the situation. They know front office, they know personnel, they know cap-a-nomics, and they know the challenges this organization was facing. They're patient, unlike some fans, because they know it takes time to overcome: cap problems, bad contracts from the previous GM whom they had lost complete confidence in, loss of draft picks, and the re-shaping of a team to become more like what the coach wants in his roster. There was a short-term plan and a long-term plan, both of which had the full blessing of the Glazer's. The short-term plan didn't work out, but the long-term plan is developing.

It makes me sick that so few people fail to realize or credit the wisdom and savvy of the Glazer braintrust. Maybe that's because they intentionally keep themselves completely out of the spotlight and focus on working hard instead of looking for face time.

These ain't the Bidwells or the Culverhouses.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 31, 2006, 08:50:22 AM

Good Post Turk.   You are obviously much more of a Guru than the "BucsGuru".    LOL!   

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 31, 2006, 08:54:27 AM

Good Post Turk.   You are obviously much more of a Guru than the "BucsGuru".    LOL!   

I don't want to make comparisons. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Sometimes opinions are wrong. But when you have enough personal contact with the primary individuals involved, it is best to come forth and put the truth out there. If it sparks debate, then that's all well and good.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 31, 2006, 05:22:41 PM

Dan, since you know them so well, call them and let them know that their decisions to kepp being patient has resulted in three losing seasons in the last four years. 

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 31, 2006, 05:48:12 PM

I'm sorry to say that you really don't know what you're talking about.

your just now figuring that out?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 31, 2006, 06:05:52 PM

I'm sorry to say that you really don't know what you're talking about.

your just now figuring that out?

AMEN  :D

bucDsystem

Starter

#7 : October 31, 2006, 06:32:43 PM

a simple take.... mike holmgren before GM after GM
before tim ruskell no super bowl... after tim ruskell superbowl[ some would say victory]

some times a coach needs to focus on what he does best.... not to knock bruce allen... but it'd be hard to convince me his personnel decisions go further than we can't afford player x or coach y isn't available

this is no knock of gruden either... excepting to say as an evaluator of talent he may be good a s a coach/motivator i'd rate him excellent however
as  talent scout- coach - motivator- father figure- offensive[ so far truly offensive:)] coordinator- and any other duties he assumes... i'm afraid he's doing to much

to win...you must envision victory -devise a plan -and then have the guts to destroy anything that stands in your way

#8 : October 31, 2006, 06:36:28 PM

I was gonna comment, but decided against it.

The supporters of Gruden and the team are of one opinion, the bashers are of another.  Nothing will change.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 31, 2006, 08:02:35 PM

I was gonna comment, but decided against it.

The supporters of Gruden and the team are of one opinion, the bashers are of another. Nothing will change.

word.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 31, 2006, 08:11:17 PM

So far from a Guru it is amazing.  Try penultimate.  Click.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

gharen

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 31, 2006, 08:15:08 PM

It's real simple. Do you want to be like the Cardinals or the Steelers? The Steelers could have given up on Cowher after a few losing seasons, but what did they do? Gave him an extension! That is a smart team. Gruden is a good coach and will win here for a long time.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 31, 2006, 10:41:34 PM

Again, no way you can compare Gruden to what Bill Cowher has done in Steel town.  The guy has had like three losing seasons out of thirteen; not even close?

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 31, 2006, 11:35:01 PM

dan.. is that all from your source?  ;D

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 01, 2006, 11:58:30 AM

dan.. is that all from your source?  ;D

In this case, it's from direct experience and direct contact. No need for a source on this point.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Front office... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools