Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Urban Meyer = Pure Class « previous next »
Page: 1

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

: May 26, 2007, 04:58:19 PM

And not just him, but his family, along with several other coaches and players.  Not the first time I have seen this from Meyer and staff, but never gets old seeing stuff like this.

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070526/SUNFRONT/705260374

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 27, 2007, 12:52:33 AM

WOW, all I can say is wow. 

Yes, Meyer is pure class and I am so glad he is our coach.  Spurrier will always have his place in Florida history, but he never displayed the class and character of Meyer.  Maybe I'm still bitter about the way the 'ol ball coach left, but that doesn't change the fact that Meyer is just classier and more endearing, on and off the field.

Yes, Ray, you are right, Pure Class

T

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 27, 2007, 06:18:20 PM

UF has the two best coaches in the country in Football and Basketball.It's really is great to be a Florida Gator.

#3 : May 27, 2007, 08:21:44 PM

Nice story, right thing to do.

TDTB

Second String

#4 : May 28, 2007, 04:14:06 AM

Yes, Meyer is pure class and I am so glad he is our coach. Spurrier will always have his place in Florida history, but he never displayed the class and character of Meyer. Maybe I'm still bitter about the way the 'ol ball coach left, but that doesn't change the fact that Meyer is just classier and more endearing, on and off the field.

Spurrier did a lot of stuff, just no one heard about a lot of it.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 28, 2007, 01:26:39 PM

Yes, Meyer is pure class and I am so glad he is our coach. Spurrier will always have his place in Florida history, but he never displayed the class and character of Meyer. Maybe I'm still bitter about the way the 'ol ball coach left, but that doesn't change the fact that Meyer is just classier and more endearing, on and off the field.

Spurrier did a lot of stuff, just no one heard about a lot of it.

No doubt.  Spurrier was very active in charitable events.
I was refering more to his personna.  In interviews, Meyer exudes charm and class, whereas Spurrier often came across as abit arrogant. Modesty was never one of his strong traits.

abucsfan

Starter

#6 : July 08, 2007, 10:21:28 PM

Enjoy Urban for the time you have him.  He is a shoe-in for Ohio State whenever Tressel leaves which is going to be bad news for the Big Ten! 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 08, 2007, 11:11:09 PM

Enjoy Urban for the time you have him.  He is a shoe-in for Ohio State whenever Tressel leaves which is going to be bad news for the Big Ten! 

dont hold your breath.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 09, 2007, 08:20:19 PM

Urban's not going anywhere!  I got to spend a Saturday with the Florida coaching staff, their families and some players at tthe Women's Football Clinic, and believe me, they LOVE Florida, and aren't going anywhere! 

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 18, 2007, 02:56:14 AM

Enjoy Urban for the time you have him. He is a shoe-in for Ohio State whenever Tressel leaves which is going to be bad news for the Big Ten!

Why would Urban leave UF for the team UF just beat the crap outta?
And why would Tressell leave? He's got 2 or 3 more championship runs left in him.
Why would any sane person leave sunny G'ville for snowy crime-ridden Colombus?
????

Runole

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 18, 2007, 08:00:18 AM

I agree with John and gametime Urban isn't going anywhere there are too many lucrative opportunities with pot farming in Gainesville!!  ;D ;D :D

He has so many student athletes he needs to train in planting and harvesting crops..

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 18, 2007, 08:50:09 AM

funny runole that you will take shots like this at Meyer while vehemently defending all jokes bowden.  hypocrisy?

i mean, the underlying joke is is that Meyer is a drug dealer, right?  but i make a joke that bowden doesnt coach anymore and i am having "extreme preoccupation with personally demeaning" him.   it goes both ways.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 18, 2007, 12:23:33 PM

You are exactly right I will take shots at Meyer.

The difference is I will readily admit to it rather than claiming innocence.

Glad to see you came clean on the FSU thread.   

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#13 : August 01, 2007, 04:25:15 PM

It isn't a joke that Bowden doesn't coach anymore, it is reality. Anybody who watches a Florida State game knows that he doesn't coach because he is too preoccupied with blowing his nose on the sideline. Then after the game you can watch his press conference to even further show that he doesn't coach because half the time it is as though he doesn't even know he was at a football game.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 11, 2007, 11:19:52 AM

it doesnt matter- where he goes - I go (see link)
http://www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=3400

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Urban Meyer = Pure Class « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools