Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW we stink « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 31, 2006, 09:49:29 AM

Denver only scores 15.7 but they are 5-2? That's surprising.

I remember when our defense was good enough to let us do the same thing

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 31, 2006, 09:50:43 AM

I agree.  With that said Denver needs to turn it up a few notches come playoff time though.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 31, 2006, 10:08:16 AM

Not only is the D in need of a major overall, it also appears the O is still a work in progress.

"Appears"? What did you expect? Three rookies starting. I believe the Bucs have the youngest offense (average age of players) in the league.

Galloway is coming to the end of his career; Clayton is not far off being a bust; Hilliard isn’t getting younger; we have O-line problems at LT, C and maybe LG; and finally we need RB/FB depth for next year.

Being young is a convenient excuse right now, but there are other problems on the horizon once the inexperienced players get a few games under their belts.

They need to draft a wideout next year that is used to playing in cold weather conditions, with some speed.

I TRULY TRULY hope the Bucs start looking at guys from cold weather schools, just to help them deal with the latter part of every NFL schedule. 

Agree about Clayton being almost a bust.  He should seriously consider moving to safety.  His hands aren't that great, in my opinion.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#18 : October 31, 2006, 10:49:10 AM

besides the Colts they've played some garbage teams.
Patriots?

Goober

Second String

#19 : October 31, 2006, 11:18:36 AM

How long do we give the "offensive genius"???  He's has four and a half years and our offense STILL stinks!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 31, 2006, 01:25:42 PM

I TRULY TRULY hope the Bucs start looking at guys from cold weather schools, just to help them deal with the latter part of every NFL schedule. 

Yeah! Because no QB from a warm weather Florida school could possibly do well in a cold place like say, Chicago. Or guy from Mississippi in Green Bay.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#21 : October 31, 2006, 02:34:24 PM

Hey, one more thing to improve on.  If we're not going to make the playoffs, then we can get better as a team and an offense so we can be ready for next year.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 31, 2006, 03:55:11 PM

Me too...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 31, 2006, 04:00:06 PM

Yeah! Because no QB from a warm weather Florida school could possibly do well in a cold place like say, Chicago. Or guy from Mississippi in Green Bay.

Grossman?

Bears defense?  Which would you choose?

Brett?  He could play on the moon.

Some guys have that type of ability.

The Bucs need to look at cold weather schools, IMO.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 31, 2006, 04:06:58 PM

I think we'll win the Super Bowl this year. If we don't then Allen, Gruden, Kiffen, Grads, Caddy, Brooks, Barber and assorted others like every player on the team should be fired and replaced by whomever the "experts" decide.
If only to tear them a new one every GD day for a year or two.
Nah, rather stick withwhat we have and thoroughly enjoy watching this young team get better INCLUDING the D which will get help this offseason.
Excuse me if my general optimism offends anyone.   

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW we stink « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools