Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fake Old School Buc Fan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucFanMatt

Starter
#15 : May 27, 2007, 01:54:13 PM

I have a confession.  I have only been a Buc fan since 2000.  Before that, I never had more than a passing interest in football.  A co-worker of mine at the time was a Buc fanatic and subjected me to non-stop sports talk radio.  Before long I found that I was hooked on the Bucs.  I couldn't wait to watch the games each Sunday.  I believe it was the following season that I discovered BucMag, which soon thereafter became Pewter Report.  I absorbed every nugget I could about this team that had captured my imagination.  I now know a lot about the early history of this team, but I was not a part of it from the beginning.  Despite that fact, I am no less a passionate and loyal fan than any other.  I may not have the pedigree of a true Buc Fan in the eyes of some people here, but I will never stop rooting for this team.

\"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither\" -- Benjamin Franklin

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#16 : May 27, 2007, 04:31:55 PM

Some of us weren't alive back then, guys.

I wish they had a clean hat like that, 'cause I would buy it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/THROWBACK-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-Hat-Cap-New_W0QQitemZ190097722178QQihZ009QQcategoryZ24733QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-Hat-Cap-NFL-Reebok-Size-7-3-8_W0QQitemZ230135092089QQihZ013QQcategoryZ24733QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

OMG!!!!  I remember that first hat... It's so damn ugly LOL....

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#17 : May 27, 2007, 04:33:53 PM

"My fanship is bigger than yours."

This is such a funny conversation that always takes place among Buccs fans. I honestly never hear this among other fans, it's so funny. Just because you posted that pic, and tell a bunch of imaginary screen names that you have lots of hats doesn't mean you didn't become a fan the day after Ronde ran his pick back in Philly. But I guess we'll take your word for it.

Some of us have proof.  Don't make me post my mullet pic ( w/ me sporting my Vinny Testaverde cartoon shirt)...

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 27, 2007, 06:17:32 PM

I just heard of the Bucs last month.  I hope I picked a good team to root for!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 27, 2007, 06:25:47 PM

I just heard of the Bucs last month. I hope I picked a good team to root for!

I jumped on board when Ronde ran the interception back in the NFC game…..when he got to their 20-yard-line I thought “hmmm maybe I will be a Buccs fan”    ;D

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 27, 2007, 06:45:06 PM

Some of us weren't alive back then, guys.

I wish they had a clean hat like that, 'cause I would buy it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/THROWBACK-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-Hat-Cap-New_W0QQitemZ190097722178QQihZ009QQcategoryZ24733QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-Hat-Cap-NFL-Reebok-Size-7-3-8_W0QQitemZ230135092089QQihZ013QQcategoryZ24733QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

OMG!!!!  I remember that first hat... It's so damn ugly LOL....

Hah, I love that hat!  It's so terribly tacky!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 27, 2007, 08:10:05 PM

Ironically, I went to the two games they lost in Philly, but opted NOT to go to the one they won. It wasn't a matter of pessimism, just I remembered (a) how crappy the doggone stadium was (b) how uncomfortable it gets on the cold days and (c) if the Bucs won, they'd be even more cro-magnon like than when they won.

In Verner We Trust

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 27, 2007, 10:20:16 PM

Some of us have proof. Don't make me post my mullet pic ( w/ me sporting my Vinny Testaverde cartoon shirt)...

Dude, post that pic!   You dont need to include your face, but I love that cartoon shirt!

bucs1

Practice Squad
#23 : May 28, 2007, 12:10:09 AM

LOL ;D  When did you really become a Bucs fan caradoc?

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 28, 2007, 12:17:39 AM

have been a Buc fan since 1979 and a season ticket holder since 85,before that I was a fan of who ever George Allen coached....when he was let go I stuck with the Redskins till 79.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 28, 2007, 11:40:33 AM

Antbody else rember how rookies use to have to sing at training camp?
I still have a whole bunch on video and lets just say Trent was the worst ever!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#26 : May 28, 2007, 11:43:42 AM

I just heard of the Bucs last month.  I hope I picked a good team to root for!

There are 31 others. Please reconsider!!!!

gone

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 28, 2007, 12:17:44 PM

LOL ;D  When did you really become a Bucs fan caradoc?

93 I think.  It was when Wyche was in his second year.  I had just moved down from NY and felt the underdog pull.  I ended going back to NY in 94-95, but still followed them.  I came back here in late 95, and don't think I've missed more than a game or two since.  I was pissed when Wyche was fired.  Guess it all worked out though.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#28 : May 28, 2007, 01:11:50 PM

I am a young Bucs fan so I never had to see them lose until recently. But I also have an affinity for the orange creamsicle jerseys. I think they look cool. I am sure those who watched the team in the 70s disagree but I am pining for a throwback weekend where Derrick can suit up one last time and Bucco Bruce rides again. ;D

rebeccajill13

Second String
#29 : May 28, 2007, 10:16:42 PM

My parents have had season tickets since day one in 1976 when I was two, so I literally grew up with the Bucs.  I'd get to go to a few games a year here and there with either mom or dad. The one game I could always count on going to with my dad in elementary school and junior high in the mid to late 80s was the Chicago game, which would be sold out and about the only game that would be shown on TV locally.  Away games you could watch on TV. But most, except for one or maybe two, home games were not on TV, and we had to listen to them on the radio.

It's definitely been a rollercoaster ride being a fan of this team with more downs than ups for a lot of years, but it's been a fun ride and am still enjoying it. 

It's funny, they're the ones at the games, and I'm the Pewter Report reader.  My dad, especially, isn't into all the speculation and talk, he just has the motto of, "Show me on the field."
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fake Old School Buc Fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools