Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fake Old School Buc Fan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#30 : May 29, 2007, 12:04:33 AM

Some of us have proof. Don't make me post my mullet pic ( w/ me sporting my Vinny Testaverde cartoon shirt)...

Dude, post that pic! You dont need to include your face, but I love that cartoon shirt!

You asked for it Java!!!!  The quality sucks because my scanner isn't working (It's a picture of a picture).

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 29, 2007, 11:57:59 AM

I really became a Bucs fan in 78. Prior to that like a lot of kids (I was only 9 in '78) I liked several teams - the Vikes, the Steelers, the Colts, the Bucs. But in '78 I started to go to 2-3 games a season (via a supplier to my Grandfather's business) and really settled on the Bucs.

The funny thing is, the hook really set for good in the mid-to-late '80s, when things were at their bleakest. I kept thinking the team would finally turn it around. I remember that big Vinny preseason game against Cincy (I think it was 31-30, but Vinny nearly engineered the comeback). I thought the SB was soon to be in our future. When I went to college out of state, I used to get the scoop from what was then called the Buccanneer magazine, and "riveting" diaries by Bucs like Patrick Egu assured me that we were heading toward NFL's promise-land. By then, I was fully invested.

I don't knock Johnny-come-latelies - the more the merrier. But I do think that those folks here lucky enough to live through the entire run of the Bucs really understand how sweet the 2002 season was - it's just a bit more special.

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#32 : May 30, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

My dad used to sport that first hat... YUCK

I personally didnt have to live through that many years of horrid play... But I can say that I attended a few games at the sombrero against da bears i barely remember em but i remember there being nobody there pretty vividly...;)

$$$

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 30, 2007, 08:16:12 AM

SHIVVER, that pic is great!

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#34 : May 30, 2007, 09:38:24 AM

SHIVVER, that pic is great!

That mullet is awsome, huh? 

I'm bald now, and really miss that mullet.  I used to have lines shaved in the sides of my head and would color them, like Brian Bosworth. 

Crazy that I'm like 11 or 12 there, and Vinny Testeverde is still playing today.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fake Old School Buc Fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools