Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update on Garcia - Schefter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucs1

Practice Squad
« : May 27, 2007, 01:45:18 PM »

That was a good article.  Thanks for posting.  I saw Adam Shefter talk about Jeff Garcia on NFL Total Access and he said how Garcia has quickly picked up the offense and has the edge over Chris Simms in the QB competition.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

« #1 : May 27, 2007, 01:48:48 PM »

If you saw a clip of Simms last night on ( Jim Flynn was on the show too and terrific as usual.)
channel nine, he said it's going slower than he thought.
his drs are making him take it slowly and he is very
eager to start throwing more.  He said he's thrown a football
everyday since pop warner and it's weird not to have thrown one
for over 3 months...he was relaxed and articulate and you cannot
help liking him for his honesty  about QB competition etc.  But it
was VERY clear he's no where near BACK.  Must be very tough.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #2 : May 27, 2007, 11:42:44 AM »

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10197562

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

« #3 : May 27, 2007, 12:14:24 PM »

While Chris Simms slowly recovers from his injury, ....

I wasn't aware of the "slowly" part.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #4 : May 27, 2007, 12:30:06 PM »

Yeah whats that supposed to mean?   I figured that Simms would be completely recovered by now.  It's most likely just a not well thought out sentence I suppose, but it makes you wonder.

wildbuc99

Rookie

« #5 : May 27, 2007, 12:30:52 PM »

I hope that the best player wins the starting job, but my gut says that Garcia has Gruden on his side as well as every other chance in the world to win the job..

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #6 : May 27, 2007, 01:40:09 PM »

I'm convinced Garcia will start. Every time Gruden speaks he inadvertently gives the impression that Garcia is the starter. And besides, with him being more experienced and a better fit in the WCO, Garcia has the advantage going into Training Camp.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #7 : May 27, 2007, 01:54:08 PM »

i think we will need Garica to start if we want to win up in seatle

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #8 : May 27, 2007, 03:06:38 PM »

One of the effects of splenectomy is an increased risk of blood clot formation, which can be life threatening.  From what I've read, it takes a while for the body to balance out after spleen removal.

I am curious to know if Simms might suffer any psychological effects from his very life threatening injury.

lhasara

Second String
« #9 : May 27, 2007, 09:33:14 PM »

Ladyfan:

Thanks for the update, but are you sure that the clip was filmed recently, since Simms did say something like that last year, but to my knowledge he has been participating in the recent OTA's.

John Galt:

I have never heard that there is an increased risk for blood clots following splenectomy. Where did you hear that?

The Crow's Nest

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #10 : May 28, 2007, 12:16:32 AM »

I don't think there's been anything other than all signs, with any sense of reality, pointing to Garcia starting in '07. It would likely take a monumentally bad preseason by Garcia or an injury to not have him take the snap Week 1.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #11 : May 28, 2007, 01:17:47 AM »

I'm convinced Garcia will start. Every time Gruden speaks he inadvertently gives the impression that Garcia is the starter. And besides, with him being more experienced and a better fit in the WCO, Garcia has the advantage going into Training Camp.

Gotta learn to read between the lines man.....He (Gruden) does that on purpose, to send Simms a message, if you think Gruden doesn't want Simms to be the next best thing the NFL has seen, then your just plain foolish...actually if you can't read between the lines your just plain foolish.

As fast as Shefter might point out that Garcia is picking up the system, I'll still take the QB who's been in it for 5 years. Atleast until he proves to be a bust...

Simms still hasn't proved to be a bust YET to most knowledgeable Buc fans. Don't argue this, because you'll only look stupid, don't give me the ammo.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

« #12 : May 28, 2007, 02:03:32 AM »

As fast as Shefter might point out that Garcia is picking up the system, I'll still take the QB who's been in it for 5 years. Atleast until he proves to be a bust...

What he's proven is that he's mediocre. How much longer must we wait to see him prove that he can be THE guy?

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #13 : May 28, 2007, 02:04:57 AM »

What he's proven is that he's mediocre. How much longer must we wait to see him prove that he can be THE guy?

Until he proves himself not to be. Which he hasn't yet.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

« #14 : May 28, 2007, 12:47:18 PM »

Until he proves himself not to be. Which he hasn't yet.

Fortunately for me, and other buc fans, Chucky doesn't have that long.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update on Garcia - Schefter « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools