Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update on Garcia - Schefter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

MVP

Pro Bowler

#15 : May 28, 2007, 01:06:19 PM

The thing that seperates Jeff and Chris the most is intangibles, in my mind. Chris has the physical tools to play the game but I think he broke down mentally last season and lost confidence. Jeff seems like the fire breather the offense needs to get kick started.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 28, 2007, 01:41:19 PM

Ladyfan:

Thanks for the update, but are you sure that the clip was filmed recently, since Simms did say something like that last year, but to my knowledge he has been participating in the recent OTA's.

John Galt:

I have never heard that there is an increased risk for blood clots following splenectomy. Where did you hear that?

The Crow's Nest

I believe it was mayoclinic.org but not positive.  It was a medical site I found when I googled "splenectomy long term effects".  Wish I had saved the link.  But wikipedia mentions the same thing, just in a much abbreviated form.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 28, 2007, 03:09:21 PM

Simms clip was recent from  the last OTA held at Ray Jay.  They asked him about the new rookies.  Can't remember which ones tho.  sorry. 

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 28, 2007, 09:11:30 PM

The thing that seperates Jeff and Chris the most is intangibles, in my mind. Chris has the physical tools to play the game but I think he broke down mentally last season and lost confidence. Jeff seems like the fire breather the offense needs to get kick started.

He's got poor mechanics for a QB in any system in which he's required to get rid of the ball quickly and accurately. As a straight drop back guy he's fine. That limits teams that can really use him.....unless he improves markedly.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 28, 2007, 09:20:22 PM

As fast as Shefter might point out that Garcia is picking up the system, I'll still take the QB who's been in it for 5 years. Atleast until he proves to be a bust...

What he's proven is that he's mediocre. How much longer must we wait to see him prove that he can be THE guy?

Until he proves himself not to be. Which he hasn't yet.

Fortunately for me, and other buc fans, Chucky doesn't have that long.
As fast as Shefter might point out that Garcia is picking up the system, I'll still take the QB who's been in it for 5 years. Atleast until he proves to be a bust...

What he's proven is that he's mediocre. How much longer must we wait to see him prove that he can be THE guy?

I love this mentality.  So basically the guy from Nebraska could be great and should play until he "proves he's not the guy."

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 28, 2007, 09:35:54 PM

Simms fans remind me of Vick fans and Jeff George fans.  Yes, the kid has one area where he's just great.  But all the other areas suck rox.  Jeff George was your prototypical "coach killer", with his great deep game and utter lack of anything else.  How many coaches did he ruin before people figured out it wasn't the coaches that were the problem?  Simms is going to be the same thing unless he suddenly develops abilities has has never shown before now.  (Sad part for us is we need him to develop those missing talents fast).

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 28, 2007, 10:39:35 PM

Simms fans remind me of Vick fans and Jeff George fans. Yes, the kid has one area where he's just great. But all the other areas suck rox. Jeff George was your prototypical "coach killer", with his great deep game and utter lack of anything else. How many coaches did he ruin before people figured out it wasn't the coaches that were the problem? Simms is going to be the same thing unless he suddenly develops abilities has has never shown before now. (Sad part for us is we need him to develop those missing talents fast).

Good post, interestng analogy. Simms is mentally challenged, something that can't be taught through coaching and practice. Garcia will be the starter and if Plummer shows up, Simms will be a goner.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 28, 2007, 11:22:43 PM

Hate, I like you man, but every knowledgeable Buc fan knows it's not at all Grudens fault that we've blown...if you feel differently, your just mislead by these idiot local writers, and if we fire him, that same day he'll have another HC's job quicker than you and most sorry ASSZ Buc fans alike, can say "another Ex-Buc" who's stomped our asszzes after idiots with your POV ran then out of town..............Sorry homie...he's still one of the best in the game, and if you feel there's no reason to put up a fight then stay the Fk at home and let some real HC Buc fans sit where you would be........

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#23 : May 28, 2007, 11:40:51 PM

Hate, I like you man, but every knowledgeable Buc fan knows it's not at all Grudens fault that we've blown...if you feel differently, your just mislead by these idiot local writers, and if we fire him, that same day he'll have another HC's job quicker than you and most sorry ASSZ Buc fans alike, can say "another Ex-Buc" who's stomped our asszzes after idiots with your POV ran then out of town..............Sorry homie...he's still one of the best in the game, and if you feel there's no reason to put up a fight then stay the Fk at home and let some real HC Buc fans sit where you would be........
Thank you for the good laugh. I needed that laugh. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. Thanks for the entertainment.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 29, 2007, 12:00:13 AM

Thank you for the good laugh. I needed that laugh. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. Thanks for the entertainment.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ'ssssssssss........laugh all you want, you were like him, calling for COY in'05, but now ship jumpin' fans like you have killed this town...stay off our boat when we are winning again. We don't want your non rainy day aszz around again.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#25 : May 29, 2007, 02:23:48 AM

Jeff George was your prototypical "coach killer", with his great deep game and utter lack of anything else. 

I'd argue that Jeff Garcia is a lot alike in that regard: great short game and mobility but really not a lot else going on in terms of arm strength and game-changing ability.

Jeff Garcia has proven throughout his career that he's just good enough to get you to an early exit in the playoffs.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#26 : May 29, 2007, 08:27:08 AM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ'ssssssssss........laugh all you want, you were like him, calling for COY in'05, but now ship jumpin' fans like you have killed this town...stay off our boat when we are winning again. We don't want your non rainy day aszz around again.
I called for coach of the year in 05?? Not at all, especially after we got whipped at home in the playoffs by a bad Redskin team. Either way I have been a Buc fan through alot worse than this, there is no way I am jumping ship now.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 29, 2007, 12:28:10 PM

Jeff George was your prototypical "coach killer", with his great deep game and utter lack of anything else.

I'd argue that Jeff Garcia is a lot alike in that regard: great short game and mobility but really not a lot else going on in terms of arm strength and game-changing ability.

Jeff Garcia has proven throughout his career that he's just good enough to get you to an early exit in the playoffs.

If Garcia gets the bucs to the playoffs period Gruden will be in the running for COY.  A lot of learning and learning how to succeed has to happen this year - and getting in the tournament would be a huge step forward.  JMVHO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#28 : May 29, 2007, 12:38:04 PM

Not sure how this became about Gruden but let me get this straight,  he deserves the credit for the Superbowl and Division Championship but he deserves no blame for the team's otherwise shortcomings? You've gotta do better than that, man. Secondly, if Gruden were to be dismissed, there's no doubt in my mind he'd find employment fairly quickly. Hell, so did Dungy.... but it was time for him to go as well.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 29, 2007, 12:53:40 PM

First statement - yes he gets credit for the SB and division championship

Second statement - of course he gets the "blame" for the shortcomings

and third - the rationale or equalizer - in the good and bad seasons his team has lived throught - which decisions prior to the SB has lost talent and picks due to lack of money and decisions on trading picks - has left the squad short on the quality depth a team needs to be successful on an annual basis.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update on Garcia - Schefter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools