Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 82 and 84 Bucs Games « previous next »
Page: 1

BucScott

Second String

: May 27, 2007, 01:15:59 PM

If any of you have Verizon FIOS (probably DirectTV also), if you go to VOD, they have a couple of Bucs Game of the Week from the past. They have the Bucs-Lions from 82 and the Bucs-Vikes from 84. It is free just go to:

VOD: All free press OK
Scroll down to sports, OK
NFL Network, OK
Local Zone and you can view the NFL film GOW.

It is pretty cool to watch Doug, Jimmie Giles, House and LeRoy in the highlights against Detroit.
If this was alreadyposted, I apologize. You can also view the 2002 Bucs Team on Americas Game at the same local zone.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 27, 2007, 01:55:49 PM

man i wish that would work fo rme i am in Detroit so i dont think the have BUcs games under Local Zone

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 27, 2007, 05:08:50 PM

Ah yes, the 1982 season. One of the division championships on the Bucs resume, except that was the strike year I do believe and so it really counts for nothing.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 27, 2007, 06:29:28 PM

If any of you have Verizon FIOS (probably DirectTV also), if you go to VOD, they have a couple of Bucs Game of the Week from the past. They have the Bucs-Lions from 82 and the Bucs-Vikes from 84. It is free just go to:

VOD: All free press OK
Scroll down to sports, OK
NFL Network, OK
Local Zone and you can view the NFL film GOW.

It is pretty cool to watch Doug, Jimmie Giles, House and LeRoy in the highlights against Detroit.
If this was alreadyposted, I apologize. You can also view the 2002 Bucs Team on Americas Game at the same local zone.

I hadn’t looked on the free VOD menu for a while, sweet, thanks for posting.  I am stuck on the couch with my knee in a brace, and I am bored out of my head.  :( [banghead]  The VOD will pass a few hours.   ;D

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 27, 2007, 08:36:29 PM

Bucs didn't win the division in 82. They won it in 81 then took seventh in the NFC (eight teams made the playoffs in 82 and they clumped the conferences together with 1 playing 8, 2 playing 7, etc.) The Bucs lost to the 2 seed Dallas.

In Verner We Trust

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 27, 2007, 11:01:40 PM

Thanks for the clarification Jersey. I remember it wasn't a whole lot to get excited about. Was that the Ray Perkins' era?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 28, 2007, 08:07:27 PM

Ray Perkins era?

John McKay was still the coach through 84.   I don't remember the 82 game against the Lions offhand.   But that 84 game against the Vikings was awesome!    Deberg was on fire that day!    I have a tape of that 84 "game of the week" 1/2 hour show.    It's great and I'd love a copy of it on dvd.   My taping was back in 84 and the quality is poor.   It's followed by the episode of the partridge family where keith, danny and reuben follow the girls when they go camping to protect them and they don't bring any food or supplies so they suffer miserably while the girls live the life of luxury.   That's a great Partridge Family episode.   I love that they don't bring any food or blankets, but Keith brings his guitar.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 82 and 84 Bucs Games « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools