Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More on Pooch-Gate « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #15 : May 28, 2007, 08:26:59 AM »

Michael Vick will not be arrested or charged in this case.  Get over it.  He's the media's golden boy.  All the investigators have right now is hearsay and some bloodied carpet (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2883048).  There's not going to be enough evidence against Vick to press charges.  If so, it would've been done by now.

And I couldn't care less about what some "insider" in the dog fighting "community" says.  Chances are, he's a scumbag too and his word can't be trusted. 

Get it set in your mind right now that Vick walks in this case.  That way, when it happens, you won't be so mad.

Swolf

Practice Squad

« #16 : May 28, 2007, 08:34:22 AM »

Michael Vick will not be arrested or charged in this case. Get over it. He's the media's golden boy. All the investigators have right now is hearsay and some bloodied carpet (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2883048). There's not going to be enough evidence against Vick to press charges. If so, it would've been done by now.

And I couldn't care less about what some "insider" in the dog fighting "community" says. Chances are, he's a scumbag too and his word can't be trusted.

Get it set in your mind right now that Vick walks in this case. That way, when it happens, you won't be so mad.

Except for the fact he has been a "snitch" for the police for 30 years, I'd say thats credible, but we will see

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #17 : May 28, 2007, 08:40:42 AM »

And I couldn't care less about what some "insider" in the dog fighting "community" says. Chances are, he's a scumbag too and his word can't be trusted.

Get it set in your mind right now that Vick walks in this case. That way, when it happens, you won't be so mad.
That informant has been a reliable. He's not just some guy they turned up for the Vick story.  "Investigator David Hunt said information from the informant has 'resulted in the arrest of several individuals over the past few years, numerous search warrants, as well as convictions."

He wasn't working on the Vick case, but I have a feeling there is a lot of video out there.  Somebody said "Hey thats Michael Vick!" and got a shot of him betting on the dogs.  That video is worth a lot of money to CBS or ESPN.  If Vick doesn't talk, they'll find somebody else who will.  And there will be a paper trail as well. He was funding this stuff. There will be the reciepts from when he was buying the steroids.  Who knows, but there is evidence out there and it just depends how hard they look for it.  And he's not going to skate in the eyes of the public like he did on the other stuff.  That was just minor stuff. This isn't.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #18 : May 28, 2007, 08:40:57 AM »

Being a snitch is fine, but you still need evidence to charge and prosecute.  Unless this guy has some other evidence than his "word", this really doesn't mean a whole lot.  At this point, with no very good concrete evidence that connects Vick to dogfighting, its Vick's word against his --- and no charges.

From last Thursday - HEADLINE: "Prosecutor lacks solid evidence to charge Vick"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2881001

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #19 : May 28, 2007, 08:45:43 AM »

That informant has been a reliable. He's not just some guy they turned up for the Vick story.  "Investigator David Hunt said information from the informant has 'resulted in the arrest of several individuals over the past few years, numerous search warrants, as well as convictions."

He wasn't working on the Vick case, but I have a feeling there is a lot of video out there.  Somebody said "Hey thats Michael Vick!" and got a shot of him betting on the dogs.  That video is worth a lot of money to CBS or ESPN.  If Vick doesn't talk, they'll find somebody else who will.  And there will be a paper trail as well. He was funding this stuff. There will be the reciepts from when he was buying the steroids.  Who knows, but there is evidence out there and it just depends how hard they look for it.  And he's not going to skate in the eyes of the public like he did on the other stuff.  That was just minor stuff. This isn't.

"Prosecutor lacks solid evidence to charge Vick"

Don't get me wrong.  I strongly believe Vick is involved in this and should go down for it.  But there's not enough EVIDENCE to charge him with anything.  All we have is hearsay from a few people.  Its Vick's word against theirs.  And that's not enough to charge and convict without evidence.

And a "paper trail" will only show that he funded the dog business.  Afterall, he's IS a breeder and anything that shows he paid for dog related supplies, really doesn't prove he's a dogfighter.  And I don't think there's any "receipts" for betting on dogfighting.

Sadly, I believe Vick walks in this case.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #20 : May 28, 2007, 08:55:09 AM »

That informant has been a reliable. He's not just some guy they turned up for the Vick story. "Investigator David Hunt said information from the informant has 'resulted in the arrest of several individuals over the past few years, numerous search warrants, as well as convictions."

He wasn't working on the Vick case, but I have a feeling there is a lot of video out there. Somebody said "Hey thats Michael Vick!" and got a shot of him betting on the dogs. That video is worth a lot of money to CBS or ESPN. If Vick doesn't talk, they'll find somebody else who will. And there will be a paper trail as well. He was funding this stuff. There will be the reciepts from when he was buying the steroids. Who knows, but there is evidence out there and it just depends how hard they look for it. And he's not going to skate in the eyes of the public like he did on the other stuff. That was just minor stuff. This isn't.

"Prosecutor lacks solid evidence to charge Vick"

Don't get me wrong. I strongly believe Vick is involved in this and should go down for it. But there's not enough EVIDENCE to charge him with anything. All we have is hearsay from a few people. Its Vick's word against theirs. And that's not enough to charge and convict without evidence.

And a "paper trail" will only show that he funded the dog business. Afterall, he's IS a breeder and anything that shows he paid for dog related supplies, really doesn't prove he's a dogfighter. And I don't think there's any "receipts" for betting on dogfighting.

Sadly, I believe Vick walks in this case.

i'll take that bet. at this point theres no way he isnt charged. hes too big a celebrity and the case is too well known. the backlash from vick not being charged would be tremendous

now whether or not a jury convicts him is a different story, but he WILL be charged... and he WILL be suspended.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #21 : May 28, 2007, 09:03:03 AM »

Then where's evidence and where's the arrest?

"Prosecutor lacks solid evidence to charge Vick" --- without SOLID evidence, there is no arrest and there is never a jury.

I REALLY do wish he goes down for this.  I just watched the SC report and it made me furious.  But I just don't see it happening.  If I'm wrong, I'll be just as happy as you.  Trust me.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #22 : May 28, 2007, 09:11:08 AM »

Look at it this way - the biggest piece of evidence they have right now is the house they raided.  And they've had over a month to sift through all of it.  And STILL no arrest or charges.  They need more evidence because nothing is solid.  Where's that evidence going to come from?  Its not going to be enough for some "insider" to say he's seen Vick at dog fights.  That's not evidence.   That's hearsay - even though we ALL know its true - its still not evidence.  There still needs to be concrete evidence.  And its just not there.

That guy on SC today would make a great witness at a trial if Vick were to be charged but an arrest is the first step.  And without any evidence, there won't be an arrest.  As of last Thursday, it sounded like there wasn't much to go on from the prosecutor.

"I know everybody is saying, 'When are those fools in Surry County going to get up off their butts and do something?"' Gerald Poindexter told The Virginian-Pilot of Norfolk on Wednesday. "But what are we going to do?"  Poindexter said there are no eyewitnesses who say they saw dog fighting at the home where 66 dogs were seized along with equipment that could be associated with dog fighting.

That really doesn't sound like someone who's about to make an arrest.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #23 : May 28, 2007, 09:26:16 AM »

"Prosecutor lacks solid evidence to charge Vick" --- without SOLID evidence, there is no arrest and there is never a jury.

Sure right now they lack the evidence, but they just started looking.  Its been exactly a month since the police raided the house on a drug warrant and accidentally stumbled onto the dog operation.  Well the usual way to get to these operations is by using informants I would imagine.  This time there is no way to do that.  But this is Michael Vick and there is evidence somewhere.   Somebody took a video on their cell phone or something.  

Remember Martha Stewart?  She was a small time cheater.  They went after her hard, while thousands of other bigger fish got away.  But they wanted to seem like they were tough on insider trading.  So they picked on the one person everybody recognized, and the media ate it up.  Vick could very well become the Martha Stewart of dog fighting. Law enforcement will want to show they are tough on this issue, and they don't mind that the public attention is being drawn to the issue.

Or the McGuire and Palmeiro hearings about steroids.  They didn't subpoena Alex Sanchez. Nobody is going to watch a Senate hearing featuring Alex Sanchez.

There will be a lot of pressure on the Feds and on the NFL to do something.  Can they find the evidence?  I don't know. But I have a feeling its out there to be found.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #24 : May 28, 2007, 09:41:06 AM »

Sure right now they lack the evidence, but they just started looking.  Its been exactly a month since the police raided the house on a drug warrant and accidentally stumbled onto the dog operation.  Well the usual way to get to these operations is by using informants I would imagine.  This time there is no way to do that.  But this is Michael Vick and there is evidence somewhere.   Somebody took a video on their cell phone or something. 

Remember Martha Stewart?  She was a small time cheater.  They went after her hard, while thousands of other bigger fish got away.  But they wanted to seem like they were tough on insider trading.  So they picked on the one person everybody recognized, and the media ate it up.  Vick could very well become the Martha Stewart of dog fighting. Law enforcement will want to show they are tough on this issue, and they don't mind that the public attention is being drawn to the issue.

Or the McGuire and Palmeiro hearings about steroids.  They didn't subpoena Alex Sanchez. Nobody is going to watch a Senate hearing featuring Alex Sanchez.

There will be a lot of pressure on the Feds and on the NFL to do something.  Can they find the evidence?  I don't know. But I have a feeling its out there to be found.

Just started looking?  They raided that house OVER a month ago.  If there isn't enough evidence in and around that HOUSE that is actually owned by Michael Vick, then where else would the evidence be?  And from what it sounds like within the dogfighting community, its pretty tight lipped.  Who's going to come forward (or even can) with SOLID evidence and not just hearsay?  And what incentive would they have to do so?

Like I said before, Vick needs to go down for this.  I'm just prepared for when he doesn't.  Because he isn't.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #25 : May 28, 2007, 10:35:29 AM »

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #26 : May 28, 2007, 10:39:09 AM »

http://www.sanderskennels.com/Presa_Male_Imports.htm

MVP

Pro Bowler

« #27 : May 28, 2007, 10:56:21 AM »

The NFL will probably wait for the legal process to unfold because of the reprecussions caused of the player involved. That way the NFL can avoid the brunt of the fan backlash in ATL. If Vick is suspended I think it will be next season if at all. Any trial this year could be delayed to oblivion and the Falcons will have plenty of time to find Vick's replacement in the interim.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #28 : May 28, 2007, 06:56:30 PM »

Vick is gonna get hit for this one way or another.  The prosecutor has political reasons not to piss of Atlanta fans, and that's why he's **CENSORED**in around with the case.  But pressure should, and will be applied by the appropriate groups.  Once they start painting this as an NFL-Wide issue, the commish will need to make it a Vick-only problem, and down goes captain herpes....

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #29 : May 28, 2007, 11:11:43 AM »

I kind of doubt Vick does go down with this. He is still a hero in that area and there is great pressure on the DA to not file any charges. That being said Vick is a celebrity and he has all the money in the world to buy his way out of. Short of being caught hiding in a trunk of a car in Tennessee a major star NFL player can and will get away with just about anything.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More on Pooch-Gate « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools