Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More on Pooch-Gate « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #30 : May 28, 2007, 11:25:56 AM »

Then where's evidence and where's the arrest?

"Prosecutor lacks solid evidence to charge Vick" --- without SOLID evidence, there is no arrest and there is never a jury.

Sure right now they lack the evidence, but they just started looking. Its been exactly a month since the police raided the house on a drug warrant and accidentally stumbled onto the dog operation. Well the usual way to get to these operations is by using informants I would imagine. This time there is no way to do that. But this is Michael Vick and there is evidence somewhere. Somebody took a video on their cell phone or something.

Remember Martha Stewart? She was a small time cheater. They went after her hard, while thousands of other bigger fish got away. But they wanted to seem like they were tough on insider trading. So they picked on the one person everybody recognized, and the media ate it up. Vick could very well become the Martha Stewart of dog fighting. Law enforcement will want to show they are tough on this issue, and they don't mind that the public attention is being drawn to the issue.

Or the McGuire and Palmeiro hearings about steroids. They didn't subpoena Alex Sanchez. Nobody is going to watch a Senate hearing featuring Alex Sanchez.

There will be a lot of pressure on the Feds and on the NFL to do something. Can they find the evidence? I don't know. But I have a feeling its out there to be found.

Just started looking? They raided that house OVER a month ago. If there isn't enough evidence in and around that HOUSE that is actually owned by Michael Vick, then where else would the evidence be? And from what it sounds like within the dogfighting community, its pretty tight lipped. Who's going to come forward (or even can) with SOLID evidence and not just hearsay? And what incentive would they have to do so?

Like I said before, Vick needs to go down for this. I'm just prepared for when he doesn't. Because he isn't.
OK a month and a day.  It was the 27th. Today is the 28th. The thing is that they raided the house on a different case.   They didn't see the dogs and say "All hands on deck switch everybody over to the dog case!"  Drugs are a worse problem than fighting dogs. But it was Michael Vick.  It's a snowballing thing, it started small and gradually its getting bigger and bigger.  What solid evidence?  Like I said if there is a video out there its worth a lot of money.  And Vick financed a lot of it. There could bereceipts or bank records.  What they need is some dog trainer or somebody to testify that they were involved with him on a regular basis, and they have the video or records to prove it.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #31 : May 28, 2007, 03:18:21 PM »

They've got the informant now that says he was a big time player in the dog fight world. He brought a lot of cash. Oops, that's illegal wagering so now you get into wire fraud realms and IRS investigations possibly and that when things get really ugly.

Bottom line, dude was totally hip deep into dog fighting. This might not see trial because Vick will pay enough people to take the fall for him but Vick is tainted goods and everyone with a lick of sense can see he's guilty (spare me guilty until proven innocent that is a standard for courts and to limit the power of the state not a rule for your and my common sense).

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

« #32 : May 28, 2007, 03:31:56 PM »

" ring sports. A Sanders Presa Canario has incomparable prey drive ".....read between the lines

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #33 : May 28, 2007, 04:48:07 PM »

To me the Dogs are proof enough. 63 dogs with all sort of injuries. What kind of a sick bastard gets there jollies watching that. I watch the ESPN film on it this morning and it turned my stomach.

I truly hope that a good case is built and all involved are sent away for a very long time.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

« #34 : May 28, 2007, 05:16:06 PM »

Doesn't matter if he isn't charged in the dog fighting.  With the NFL's popularity tied to wagering the Commish can't afford to coddle a gambler.  (VIck) he goes down..

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #35 : May 28, 2007, 05:17:20 PM »

And Vick financed a lot of it. There could bereceipts or bank records.  What they need is some dog trainer or somebody to testify that they were involved with him on a regular basis, and they have the video or records to prove it.

Vick is a registered breeder.  Any receipts for dog supplies can be easily covered under the guise of Vick being "breeder".  As for a video - what incentive would someone have to release a video? 

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #36 : May 28, 2007, 05:18:21 PM »

They've got the informant now that says he was a big time player in the dog fight world. He brought a lot of cash. Oops, that's illegal wagering so now you get into wire fraud realms and IRS investigations possibly and that when things get really ugly.

Bottom line, dude was totally hip deep into dog fighting. This might not see trial because Vick will pay enough people to take the fall for him but Vick is tainted goods and everyone with a lick of sense can see he's guilty (spare me guilty until proven innocent that is a standard for courts and to limit the power of the state not a rule for your and my common sense).

I agree. This WON'T see ANY trial or arrest for Vick.  He'll weasel his way out for sure. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #37 : May 28, 2007, 05:21:24 PM »

And Vick financed a lot of it. There could bereceipts or bank records. What they need is some dog trainer or somebody to testify that they were involved with him on a regular basis, and they have the video or records to prove it.

Vick is a registered breeder. Any receipts for dog supplies can be easily covered under the guise of Vick being "breeder". As for a video - what incentive would someone have to release a video?

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Buckaroo55

Second String

« #38 : May 28, 2007, 08:28:28 PM »

These thugs that Vick associated with are turning him over more than pancakes at the I-Hop during morning rush hour, to avoid doing long jail sentences or shortening their probation time. 

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #39 : May 28, 2007, 08:37:42 PM »

I like that the details trickle out little by little.  Its something to keep us entertained until training camp.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #40 : May 29, 2007, 07:55:23 AM »

And Vick financed a lot of it. There could bereceipts or bank records. What they need is some dog trainer or somebody to testify that they were involved with him on a regular basis, and they have the video or records to prove it.

Vick is a registered breeder. Any receipts for dog supplies can be easily covered under the guise of Vick being "breeder". As for a video - what incentive would someone have to release a video?

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Right.  In a perfect world, a "video" would exist.  Think about it -- why would there even be a video showing Vick at a dog fight?  Anyone stupid enough to be filming the people AT a dog fight would immediately be removed.  You're not going to get some kind of vacation video showing the clientèle at a dog fight. 

Camera rolling.... "Here we are at a dog fight, honey.  Look at the celebrities here tonight for this big event...  There's Michael Vick!! Say hello to the camera, Michael!!"

Cmon now.  A video.  Geez.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #41 : May 29, 2007, 09:04:03 AM »

Frankly for Vick the worst part of this story is that ESPN did it. Think what you want of ESPN but one thing ESPN does is pimp itself. They ran this story and by god they will now talk about their story. Mike and Mike were on this topic as a drove in. Now the story isn't a local Virginia thing or an "underground" PFT thing. Mother Mouse Ears has ventured into the issue and ESPN is a pit bull of their own once they lock their jaws into something.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #42 : May 29, 2007, 09:39:45 AM »

Frankly for Vick the worst part of this story is that ESPN did it. Think what you want of ESPN but one thing ESPN does is pimp itself. They ran this story and by god they will now talk about their story. Mike and Mike were on this topic as a drove in. Now the story isn't a local Virginia thing or an "underground" PFT thing. Mother Mouse Ears has ventured into the issue and ESPN is a pit bull of their own once they lock their jaws into something.
PFT had an interesting take that in light of the Playmakers thing with the NFL and how the Mouse wouldn't touch the Ron Mexico thing, they are speculating ESPN received permission from the league to do this story on Vick, possibly because they know it's going to get bad and it can't be covered up.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

orlandobuc

Starter

« #43 : May 29, 2007, 03:32:40 PM »

Think of all the money he has lost in endorsements. They had to have backed off of him. Does he do any animal product kind of ads?

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #44 : May 29, 2007, 03:44:41 PM »

PFT had an interesting take that in light of the Playmakers thing with the NFL and how the Mouse wouldn't touch the Ron Mexico thing, they are speculating ESPN received permission from the league to do this story on Vick, possibly because they know it's going to get bad and it can't be covered up.

That's a very good point.  I hadn't thought of that in regards to ESPN.  I know they told Colin Cowherd that he couldn't talk about the Ron Mexico thing at the time it happened.  Interesting.  But I still think he walks from this thing. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More on Pooch-Gate « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools