Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which TV is best? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BUCSFAN44

Rookie

#30 : May 28, 2007, 06:15:50 PM

whatever you do, stay away from plasma, lcd picture is so much crisper

THE NEXT JOHN LYNCH

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#31 : May 28, 2007, 06:23:22 PM

We just bought this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8251544&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat95100050006&id=1169512522065

Been VERY happy with it so far.

Looked for about 2 months at many different TV's, liked that one the best.  We went to Circuit City and looked at about 50 TV's that were all side by side, and it was by far the best one IMO.

It is also extremely light and takes up very little space.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#32 : May 28, 2007, 09:05:34 PM

I sell/install home theatre systems.. so for the guy that says I dont know what I'm talkin about.. whatever.

Oh and Ray.. GREAT choice. Thats Samsung's best LCD they offer in its biggest size. You definately made a great choice there.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 28, 2007, 10:44:05 PM

If you go Sammy, and not buy thier DLP, your wasting your money...DLP is...in the words of my boy from the film "The Aviator"..."The wave of of the FUTURE" buy it now while it's cheap...less than $1,400 is a great deal for a 50"+  HDTV that will surprise you and make you happy everytime.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 29, 2007, 07:38:34 AM

I sell/install home theatre systems.. so for the guy that says I dont know what I'm talkin about.. whatever.

Oh and Ray.. GREAT choice. Thats Samsung's best LCD they offer in its biggest size. You definately made a great choice there.
It is kind of odd that you say that rear proj is crap, and then throw up a link to a REAR PROJ TV.

All good though.

The TV in your link is a great value.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
#35 : May 29, 2007, 09:22:33 AM

My only issue with a rear projetion is all the space it takes up. I had one for 5 years, upgraded to the Panasonic 1100 HD projector and have boners every time I power up my home theater system.

Games, Sporting events and movies are excellent on a 113' screen.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 29, 2007, 09:54:23 AM

My only issue with a rear projetion is all the space it takes up. I had one for 5 years, upgraded to the Panasonic 1100 HD projector and have boners every time I power up my home theater system.

Games, Sporting events and movies are excellent on a 113' screen.
Wish I had the room

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#37 : May 29, 2007, 02:01:00 PM

It is kind of odd that you say that rear proj is crap, and then throw up a link to a REAR PROJ TV.

All good though.

The TV in your link is a great value.

DLP's are lighter, have a high contrast ratio, and twice the frame rate of Rear Projections. They are very different TVs. The only Rear Projection thats any good is the Sony SXRD tech because it is the only one without the problems I listed.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#38 : May 29, 2007, 02:59:37 PM

My sister just bought a Samsung DLP, and the LCD I bought blows it out of the water.

So to the guy saying I wasted my money, I beg to differ.  I prefer the LCD to the DLP all day long. 

#39 : May 29, 2007, 03:20:30 PM

lcd is nice!

spartan

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 29, 2007, 04:03:33 PM

I have a 42" Panny plasma and a 40" sony lcd.
Both are very good with hd and digital signals but I prefer my plasma.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 30, 2007, 11:04:02 AM

My sister just bought a Samsung DLP, and the LCD I bought blows it out of the water.

So to the guy saying I wasted my money, I beg to differ. I prefer the LCD to the DLP all day long.

I'm happy your happy Ray, but IMO I bought all three TV sets on the same day and my 56" Sammy DLP has a cleaner, sharper, and brighter picture than the two 46" LG LCD's I have in my room and outside.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#42 : May 30, 2007, 02:56:07 PM

So to the guy saying I wasted my money, I beg to differ. I prefer the LCD to the DLP all day long.

I'm happy your happy Ray, but IMO I bought all three TV sets on the same day and my 56" Sammy DLP has a cleaner, sharper, and brighter picture than the two 46" LG LCD's I have in my room and outside.

Hope you enjoy spending 4 bills every time your bulb begins to fade.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 30, 2007, 03:26:45 PM

Hope you enjoy spending 4 bills every time your bulb begins to fade.

Actually the life expectancy of an LCD is less than a projector.  In bench tests the average DLP TV lasted twice as long as the average LCD TV.  I have had a LCD that burnt-out in 3 years, and I had to throw the thing away.  My projector TV is still on its first set of bulbs after six years and 8-hours usage a day.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 30, 2007, 05:21:32 PM

I was just about to type that M...and the life expectancy of NEW Gereration(2006+) DLP bulbs are 5+ years. They also come with a 1 year warranty and free intsallation inside that one year. Atleast from Samsung......

Plus, who watches TV for hours and hours a day? (Sorry M) I'm sure, based on my personal hours per use, the bulb will last long enough for me not to be upset when dropping 4 Ben's to replace the bulb. Kinda like getting new tires for my ride that cost over $1400....I like to equate the spending to something else, like $100.00 everytime I go to Sweetbay or out to dinner. So in reality it's small potatoes.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which TV is best? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools