Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Beckles tough on interviewers « previous next »
Page: 1 2

lousosh

Second String
: October 31, 2006, 09:34:09 AM

Beckles coming down hard on folks who interviewed At yesterdays Gruden press conference and rightfully so. But I remember a few yrs. back when Beckles had the Gruden gig, all the Vanilla questions he put to Gruden.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 31, 2006, 09:40:57 AM

Beckles is a strange guy.   He played in the NFL.   Yet there are many occassions where the average fan knows more than him.   That's actually quite sad.    I don't think he does his homework - ever.   I get the impression he just shows up and does his show with no preparation at all.

lousosh

Second String
#2 : October 31, 2006, 09:45:34 AM

You hit it right on the head, Java

calicojack

Starter
#3 : October 31, 2006, 09:49:47 AM

The questions were as aimless as a Tiger's pitcher throwing to third base.  There is an element that, if you get too tough, you'll never ask another question again.

The Dream Team

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 31, 2006, 09:54:14 AM

I'm not sure how a "tough" question is defined.    I've heard Gruden asked why he didn't run more, especially since it was so windy.    He answered that.   What other tough question is there?    I think some people consider badgering the guy to be the definition of asking tough questions.   To repeatedly ask him over and over and over again - "why didn't you run more?  why didn't you run more?"    I think that's ridiculous.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 31, 2006, 09:59:25 AM

You can't just come at the Head Coach any kind of way.  I'm not sure if his show is mandatory or not, but he's not going to give up anybody in public, he's not going to give you the game plan for next week, and he's not going to second guess himself.  Hopefully you have a concept of what football is about and have some ideas about what was going and then when you listen to his remarks you might be able to get some answers other than that, you're out of luck...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

T

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 31, 2006, 10:22:34 AM

Beckles like all local Tampa radio personalities is a BIG joke.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 31, 2006, 11:09:27 AM

Beckles like all local Tampa radio personalities is a BIG joke.
Duemig's show is GREAT

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : October 31, 2006, 11:14:44 AM

What does DanTurk's inside sources have to say about this.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 31, 2006, 11:42:13 AM

I dunno if your talking about silio or not, but he was saying the same thing this morning on his show..

Its funny how he talks the talk.. but when he has the people on he talks crap about he sucks their ass.

Orangegone1

Starter

#10 : October 31, 2006, 04:00:04 PM

Beckles said today that the Buc's paid him not to do the Gruden show this year. He thinks its because his questions were too tough. It probably was because he wasn't prepared. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 31, 2006, 04:27:24 PM

What does DanTurk's inside sources have to say about this.

I was wondering the same.   We're lucky to have him in our midst.   Turk, what's the story?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#12 : October 31, 2006, 04:55:45 PM

How about asking him why he didn't go for it on 4th down in a must convert situation with a little over 3 minutes left in the game?

That's what I want to know, in addition to 1,000 other things that sucked about Sunday's "performance."

coolhandluke

Starter

#13 : October 31, 2006, 06:42:49 PM

Beckles tries to be the voice because he played Pro Football. He was an average at best player who has gone on to try and Coach Kids in the TBYFL and has found out that just like in Radio you must be prepared. His record is 3-7-1!!! He took over a team that was 13-0 and has turned them into losers. His barking about that he asks tough questions is a joke. Gruden and the Bucs asked for TJ because Beckles was to hard to understand. He talks like he has Marbles in his mouth and the Bucs wanted someone who at least had some Knowledge.. and could be understood.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#14 : November 01, 2006, 02:23:31 AM

Beckles tries to be the voice because he played Pro Football. He was an average at best player who has gone on to try and Coach Kids in the TBYFL and has found out that just like in Radio you must be prepared. His record is 3-7-1!!! He took over a team that was 13-0 and has turned them into losers. His barking about that he asks tough questions is a joke. Gruden and the Bucs asked for TJ because Beckles was to hard to understand. He talks like he has Marbles in his mouth and the Bucs wanted someone who at least had some Knowledge.. and could be understood.

The Bucs asked for someone else because Ian asked questions Jon didn't want to answer. I have no problem understanding him. You actually think  Mr. Cool radio guy with the softball questions knows more about football than a guy who played? And you fans think you know more than an ex-player? How totally arogant & stupid.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Beckles tough on interviewers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools