Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update on Garcia - Schefter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 29, 2007, 04:04:08 PM

Hard to pass QB judgment until they get to work from behind at least an average oline. 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#31 : May 29, 2007, 04:17:27 PM

Around here, to many people the O-line doesn't matter if you are a bad QB behind a bad O-line you will be a bad QB with a great O-line. If you were a good QB with a good weapon and a poor QB with no weapon you will come here and Gruden will make you a great QB. If you had a good HB that is good for 700 yards catching, then you will come here and Caddy will go from struggling to gain 100 yards a season and will gain 700 yards catching.
Being one dimentional only counts against the QB you don't like, you overlook it for the guy you like. Don't you know Gruden is a QB guru, look at what he did with Rich Gannon, and...well look at what he did with Rich Gannon, plus lets give Gruden all the credit for the good the team has done, and blame the Falcons GM for the bad seasons, it just works out better that way.
While we are at it lets go ahead and get Isreal and Palestinians to chill out and love one another and listen to Simon and Garfunkel music while holding hands and burning bra's. If we are going to live in a fantasyland, then lets invite the rest of the world.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#32 : May 29, 2007, 07:18:38 PM

Around here, to many people the O-line doesn't matter if you are a bad QB behind a bad O-line you will be a bad QB with a great O-line. If you were a good QB with a good weapon and a poor QB with no weapon you will come here and Gruden will make you a great QB. If you had a good HB that is good for 700 yards catching, then you will come here and Caddy will go from struggling to gain 100 yards a season and will gain 700 yards catching.
Being one dimentional only counts against the QB you don't like, you overlook it for the guy you like. Don't you know Gruden is a QB guru, look at what he did with Rich Gannon, and...well look at what he did with Rich Gannon, plus lets give Gruden all the credit for the good the team has done, and blame the Falcons GM for the bad seasons, it just works out better that way.
While we are at it lets go ahead and get Isreal and Palestinians to chill out and love one another and listen to Simon and Garfunkel music while holding hands and burning bra's. If we are going to live in a fantasyland, then lets invite the rest of the world.

You know, he was also the QB coach in Green Bay in the mid 90s. I'm trying to remember who was the QB there? Some future hall of famer, I forget the name.

As for your " a bad QB behind a bad O-line = bad QB with a great O-line" notion... Kurt Warner disagrees with you. Actually, so does Jeff Garcia. And Drew Brees.

Capt Kidd

Starter
#33 : May 29, 2007, 07:32:20 PM

I live an hour from Lambeau. Coupla years ago, the fans were talking about how great Favre and Ahman Green were and never gave credit to thier Oline. Then they let both their guards go and everyone blamed the line when their QB and RB sucked. The typical quip was "They can't do it on their own!" to which I replied. "When you had an Oline you refused to give them credit and gave all the glory to Favre and Green." My point: Great Olines and Dlines make great stars.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update on Garcia - Schefter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools