Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: A LOOK AHEAD TO THE 2008 FA QUARTERBACKS « previous next »
Page: 1 2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 30, 2007, 02:52:50 PM

If you are a McK Q subscriber, I'm surprised and thankful as I am a contributing author. :)

ahhh, it's much more clear now. Do you see the irony here?

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#16 : May 30, 2007, 03:26:39 PM

If you are a McK Q subscriber, I'm surprised and thankful as I am a contributing author. :)

ahhh, it's much more clear now. Do you see the irony here?

not much irony, really. more just a circle of life kind of thing.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 30, 2007, 03:57:00 PM

not much irony, really. more just a circle of life kind of thing.

sorry player, I could cut the irony with a knife.

PewterReportHM

Starter
#18 : May 30, 2007, 09:01:32 PM

shotcaller-

Not a subscriber to McK Q, but see comp copies all the time.  I highly doubt they'd want to print anything I would write!  My last piece was in the WSJ.  I do echo Jim's comment that you should definitely give PR a shot during TC.  The practice coverage articles are unparalleled.  They are what got me to subscribe years ago. 

best of luck

HM

#19 : May 30, 2007, 10:14:34 PM

Part of me feels like throwing down my credentials now that we've got this game going...

buckit

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 31, 2007, 12:41:21 PM

i am not a PI subscriber, and part of the reason is because of the lack of "insider" value. if i want to read possible scenarios that are a year away, well i can get that on any public forum.

admittedly, i am not a subscriber. but i won't even consider it until i am convinced i would be getting what i would be paying for -- and that is inside information.

Here's the skinny.  I've been a loyal subscriber for 2 or 3 years now.  I recently got a renewal offer in the mail, and I probably won't exercise it.  Why?  Because although the writing is good (it could stand some decent editing, though) and the stories are informative, the magazine is awful thin, and contains a lot of full page ads.  The amount of pages with real actual content does not justify the hefty subscription cost.  Plus, if you live outside of Florida, you have to pay an additional fee to your hard copy on time.  I love Pewterreport, but at this time, it just isn't a great value.  It's a splurge item.  If you have extra money to splurge, then go for it. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 31, 2007, 02:35:20 PM

ShotCaller - I can appreciate what you're saying to a degree. Please thank your co-worker for subscribing and supporting the efforts of Pewter Report and PewterReport.com. We're now scanning our records for IP addresses close to those you log in under during working hours.  Your friend will shortly be banned for violating terms of service.  Have a nice day.

edited for accuracy ;)

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: A LOOK AHEAD TO THE 2008 FA QUARTERBACKS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools