Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Women Drivers?!?! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« : May 30, 2007, 07:25:23 PM »

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #1 : May 30, 2007, 07:33:35 PM »

Big Jim and the Twins know about women drivers, too.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #2 : May 30, 2007, 07:44:20 PM »

Gotta love Toyota Pick-ups. 2nd time I have been rear-ended, and you can't even tell by looking at my truck. Last car, Ford Taurus was totaled.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #3 : May 30, 2007, 07:50:45 PM »

Where did you get the mudflaps from?  I want some for my Monte Carlo...

And FWIW, I think old people are the WORST drivers.  I mean, teeneagers are dangerous, and pretty bad IMO, but old people just piss me off because they are trying to be safe, but just lack the ability to drive as such.  They are more the annoying type.  I have come out of my car at a red stop and rapped on a few windows of teenagers that have pissed me off though...

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #4 : May 30, 2007, 07:57:55 PM »

Where did you get the mudflaps from?  I want some for my Monte Carlo...

And FWIW, I think old people are the WORST drivers.  I mean, teeneagers are dangerous, and pretty bad IMO, but old people just piss me off because they are trying to be safe, but just lack the ability to drive as such.  They are more the annoying type.  I have come out of my car at a red stop and rapped on a few windows of teenagers that have pissed me off though...
http://www.momentsinsports.com/

Maybe they will ship them to you.

« #5 : May 30, 2007, 08:02:19 PM »

What I cannot stand are women..................BACKSEAT DRIVERS, uuuuugh the freakin worst!! [banghead]

Booker

Hall of Famer

« #6 : May 30, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »

Since were on topic I was at Wal Mart buying a hose and some cleaing stuff for my new house and at the check out line there is this VERY old lady by herself. She can't find her money and it is taking her twenty minutes just to give cash. THEN before she leaves she asks where the door is. I was scared because this lady was driving so I hope GOD made her forget where her car was before she kills someone

BP1

Pro Bowler

« #7 : May 31, 2007, 12:51:51 AM »

How do we know you didn't back into her car? :P

BP1

Pro Bowler

« #8 : May 31, 2007, 12:56:33 AM »

What I cannot stand are women..................BACKSEAT DRIVERS, uuuuugh the freakin worst!! [banghead]

Just keep your eyes on the road and drive, Chrispy!!!! ;)

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

« #9 : May 31, 2007, 06:32:36 AM »

Men, Women, Cars, and Crashes

Ivars Peterson

More than 1 million people were killed in accidents on U.S. roads in the 29-year period from Jan. 1, 1975, through Dec. 31, 2003.

The U.S. Department of Transportation's Fatality Analysis Reporting System maintains a database that provides detailed information about 1,284,629 of these fatalities. The information comes largely from police officers called to crash scenes.

Such an enormous database allows researchers to test a wide variety of specific hypotheses about the causes of traffic fatalities. In the current issue of Chance, traffic safety expert Leonard Evans examines the role of sex differences.

Overall, the data show that about 73 percent of all people killed in car accidents are male. For every age, all the way through the mid-90s, male fatalities outnumber female fatalities by a factor of 3 or more. At age 20, for example, there were 14,325 male and 3,238 female drivers killed while traveling alone during the 29-year period.

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20060415/mathtrek.asp

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #10 : May 31, 2007, 08:40:44 AM »

Gotta love Toyota Pick-ups. 2nd time I have been rear-ended, and you can't even tell by looking at my truck. Last car, Ford Taurus was totaled.

when i think truck, i think toyota.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chevy.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #11 : May 31, 2007, 09:07:25 AM »

Men, Women, Cars, and Crashes

Ivars Peterson

More than 1 million people were killed in accidents on U.S. roads in the 29-year period from Jan. 1, 1975, through Dec. 31, 2003.

The U.S. Department of Transportation's Fatality Analysis Reporting System maintains a database that provides detailed information about 1,284,629 of these fatalities. The information comes largely from police officers called to crash scenes.

Such an enormous database allows researchers to test a wide variety of specific hypotheses about the causes of traffic fatalities. In the current issue of Chance, traffic safety expert Leonard Evans examines the role of sex differences.

Overall, the data show that about 73 percent of all people killed in car accidents are male. For every age, all the way through the mid-90s, male fatalities outnumber female fatalities by a factor of 3 or more. At age 20, for example, there were 14,325 male and 3,238 female drivers killed while traveling alone during the 29-year period.

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20060415/mathtrek.asp

I think everyone knows men have more serious accidents but that doesn’t explain the number of idiotic low speed accidents that women seem to be involved in.   You know the little ones like taking out a mailbox, fighting with a shopping trolley, clinically removing the door mirrors with the garage doorframe etc.  No one collects data on the minor incidents but we all know the fairer sex are involved in way over 50% of that category.

Generally women are safer drivers because they are not as aggressive and they drive slower.  Although in recent years the younger ladies do seem to drive just like the teenage boys.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

« #12 : May 31, 2007, 09:51:21 AM »

You have a point MJS. Also, I wonder how many of those fatalities were caused by women. Just because they weren't killed doesn't mean they didn't cause the accident.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #13 : May 31, 2007, 09:54:03 AM »

Men also tend to do more driving than women.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #14 : May 31, 2007, 10:15:45 AM »

Nice counter punch BP. The only problem with that piece you gave us is, it's just a compilation of dead bodies that just tells us how many are men and how many are women. It doesn't tell us how they became  dead. It doesn't tell us how that poor guy who did a face plant into the tree, heroicaly swerved away from a minivan with 6 kids in it to avoid soccer mom who just went through a stop sign while putting on her lipstick.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Women Drivers?!?! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools