Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Loyal Bashers Strike Back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 02, 2006, 09:08:39 AM

I agree change is part of the NFL.  Question though is do the Glazers take the stance that the Rooney's take or make a change like they did the first time around?

I mean the Rooney's staying patient with Cowher paid off with a Super Bowl win last year but the Glazers active approach to finding a coach to win a Super Bowl also paid off. Knowing the Glazers they probably will make a change at some point if things do not improve.

That is a very good question.  :)

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 02, 2006, 09:16:08 AM

So if we make the switch after this year and kick JG to the curb, I hear you saying it won't be as bad as we think it will be? And you have stats and examples that give me better hope than I have today? I'm listening....

The notion that coaching changes are inherently disruptive isn't true. I dropped the examples on you this year where the change obviously helped the situation. Heck, I'll give you 2002 Tampa as another example where coaching change didn't cause the sky to fail.

Like I said, I'm not for canning Gruden after this season even assuming it plays out the way it looks to be playing out now but the notion that a change now would send us into the abyss for 2-3 years while the team tries to find itself is not a legitmate reason to not make a change.

I'm talking a realistic conversation.  Not the inflammatory crap that we read from post to post.  Realistically, I can't believe for this current team that a change is necessary or would help in any way.  Do you agree or disagree?  This has nothing to do with your right or the validity to have the conversation, I get that. 

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#47 : November 02, 2006, 09:37:56 AM

I'm talking a realistic conversation. Not the inflammatory crap that we read from post to post. Realistically, I can't believe for this current team that a change is necessary or would help in any way. Do you agree or disagree? This has nothing to do with your right or the validity to have the conversation, I get that.

Change right now clearly helps nothing and likely would be disruptive.

Change at the end of the season might or might not help but I doubt it would be catastrophically damaging. I think given the success he has managed to give him enough benefit of the doubt to show some growth and positve change next year.

Change at the end of next season if things keep going badly would be helpful and keeping Gruden might be worse at that point.

That's what I think most people feel and don't communicate in that manner...At least that's how I see it...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 02, 2006, 09:41:05 AM

I agree about next season. I don't think it's wrong to question his standing with the team after this year (if things continues to regress), but I'm not so sure about letting the man go. If he can't turn the ship around in 2007, however, I think he'll be driving to some other team's facility at four in the morning in '08.  ;)

:

Hide Tools Show Tools