Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update: Torre - A Rod's Yelling: "Inappropriate" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 31, 2007, 02:39:05 PM

I would have to say that if he called, "I got it," then that's pretty lame.  If he just yelled, that's another matter.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 31, 2007, 02:45:09 PM

It's just not done. Maybe it should be? Maybe not?

It's like an NBA player yelling "Ahhhhhhhh!" right before a guy shoots a free throw.
It just doesn't happen.

Like I said, no Yankee teammates have supported him as yet. Damon actually thought it
was illegal! Funny. And then said, if it's legal, maybe we should do it more. I guess
that's a kind of support.

It's the talk of NY sports talk. Most are saying it's Bush.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 31, 2007, 02:49:13 PM

It's just not done. Maybe it should be? Maybe not?

It's like an NBA player yelling "Ahhhhhhhh!" right before a guy shoots a free throw.
It just doesn't happen.

Like I said, no Yankee teammates have supported him as yet. Damon actually thought it
was illegal! Funny. And then said, if it's legal, maybe we should do it more. I guess
that's a kind of support.

It's the talk of NY sports talk. Most are saying it's Bush.

Yelling is one thing, but saying "I got it" is basically impersonating a teammate.  You are acting as if you are on the opposing team.  That's crossing the line to me.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#18 : May 31, 2007, 03:13:50 PM

I have to disagree with myself. The more I hear sports folk talk about it, the more I think
it's not any different than many other deception plays in baseball as a few of you pointed
out.
Excellent example of backpedaling after seeing no one agrees with him.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 31, 2007, 03:14:59 PM

I think he said, "Mine!" which is equivalent to "I got it.!

A Rod claims he said, "Ha!"

Oh well.

Always fun to have these kind if things happen every now and then.
And A Rod seems to be in the middle of it an awful lot.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 31, 2007, 03:17:40 PM

I have to disagree with myself. The more I hear sports folk talk about it, the more I think
it's not any different than many other deception plays in baseball as a few of you pointed
out.
Excellent example of backpedaling after seeing no one agrees with him.

Yes, I am very worried about being wrong on this one. I usually take the point
of view that is mainstream and supported by the masses. My numerous posts
show that. ;-)

Actually, most callers and radio hosts in NY agreed with me. But so what?

I just don't know how to feel on this one since both sides can make a decent
argument.

I'll flip flop on this one all day. It's a meaningless topic and fun to talk about.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#21 : May 31, 2007, 09:57:28 PM

I think alot of A-Rod's decisions lately have been "bush league" on and off the field.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 01, 2007, 09:51:10 AM

I am a registered arod hater but I will back him here.  That ultimately helped us win the game.  For all the BS that surrounds ARod right now, its nothing like whats following Giambi.  ARod cant win with NYers, but this year I have no beef with him.  It seems inevitable he'll opt out and Boras will have him asking for 30m/year somewhere and i'll tell you it definetly wont be here in the Bronx.  If he opts out, the yanks will make him an offer thats probably justs around 20m per year, and see what happens.  I could see someplace like the giants, anaheim, hell even the mets if they could move Reyes to 2nd.  Maybe even the cubs/wsox, both could use an upgrade at SS.  But I dont think he'll be a yankee next year.  The yankees IMO need to clean house as best they can... find a way to get ride of Giambi, ARod, and Abreau.  You keep DJ and Cano up the middle, try and bring Jorge back.  Damon stays at CF with melky until something better comes along.  I would love Ichiro, but probably not feasible with Damons contract unless he would play RF.  Matsui stays in left.  Find new corner IFers and a RF.  You make your rotation Wang, Hughes, Sanchez, Pettite, Mussina and see what happens.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#23 : June 01, 2007, 11:31:14 AM

Ichiro is one of my favorite MLBers. But the second he puts on pinstripes, that'll change.  NY Yankees is the team I love to hate. I'd love to see ARod leave the NYY, go to a rival (ie Bosox), and kick their Yankee asses.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 01, 2007, 11:40:18 AM

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-spmside0601,0,6794087.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines

As Bonds watched the play unfold, he was surprised when Clark bailed on the pop-up at the last second, just after A-Rod passed by him, even though shortstop John McDonald was not in position to catch the ball.

"And the ball just dropped, right?" Bonds asked.

After a second or two of silence, Bonds reached his decision on the play, absolving Rodriguez of any wrongdoing.

"That's Toronto's fault," Bonds said. "Catch the ball." Then Bonds laughed loudly. "It's your own -- -- fault. What's wrong with you? You've got 30,000 people in the stands hollering."

Two lockers away from Bonds, Brooklyn-born Rich Aurilia had a completely different take. "I think if you ask anyone in baseball if they think it's accepted, I'd pretty much guarantee that everyone will agree that it's not," Aurilia said. "But hey, you do what you do and live with the consequences."

Aurilia answered questions for 10 minutes, but Bonds quickly grew tired of the exchange. When asked if he's ever yelled at an infielder like that, he shook his head. When he was asked if the move was unsportsmanlike conduct, he snapped. "Go ask Alex," he said. "Leave me the -- -- out of it. Not my problem."

And for all the talk that this play has sparked, Aurilia noted that he didn't see any of Rodriguez's teammates defend the play. Said Aurilia, "I think that speaks more volumes than anything."

#25 : June 01, 2007, 12:06:31 PM

More so than a rival of the Yanks I want A-Rod to go to Florida, show that he's not a money hog (okay he is, but that he's willing to look beyond that) and help a small market team win a World Series.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#26 : June 01, 2007, 12:22:31 PM

This happens a lot more than most admit in baseball.  Fernando Vina who played 2B for many years said that people used to yell at him all the time when he was fielding balls.

This play was not bush league but the slide the other day was cheap and the play vs. the Sox in the playoffs where he tried to smack the ball out was as well.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 01, 2007, 12:39:52 PM

Not a fan of gossip. But if it features a hated Yankee, I'll make an exeption..

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2007/06/01/2007-06-01_arods_wife_hurries_to_his_side_in_stripp-1.html

AR's wife has decided to come on the road with strip bar hopping hubby...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 01, 2007, 01:20:08 PM

I know most here are not Yankees fans (me either) but sports talk radio in NY is
very entertaining right now.

You can listen online at:

www.wfan.com

A Rod supposedly told the maitre'de to sit him and his wife at the window.
This way, the media and fans could see them eating calmly together.
Now he's scheduling his own photo ops!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#29 : June 01, 2007, 01:32:50 PM

It could have been worse.  A-Rod could have said "I'm gonna kill you dawg"  or is it dog?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update: Torre - A Rod's Yelling: "Inappropriate" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools