Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Smartest person in the world found at King High school!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

Runole

Hall of Famer
#105 : June 12, 2007, 09:19:10 PM

Rays Clear and Cogent points

"UH  There are smart kids and dumb kids . 

ANd uh there are good teachers and bad teachers.

And  uh there are good schools and bad schools.

And GPA's don't mean anything.  "
;D   

That about cover it Ray??   I could add your constant drivel of personal insults towards me like some child  that got their candy taken from them but that really isn't necessary.   

I don't claim to know it all but quite obviously I am more knowledgeable about the subject than you based on my comments. 

Way to go ray!!! That is what I call contributing!!   ::)

And by gosh! those comments are so erudite and illuminating to the subject posted!!!   ::)

No one asked you on this thread and considering your replies you are here for only one purpose, and that is to attack me personally.

Why don't you just ignore the post?   I know this is difficult for you to give up but the puppet master says it is OK....

Now see if you can actually reply to the subject matter and tell us all how stellar the Secondary School system is in the state of Florida?? Or better yet move on to the LIFE you claim to have that everyone else needs to get?

Oh and one last thing my point is OVERALL the secondary school system in the state of Florida sucks.  Someone who actually attended King High School confirmed the quality of education there which pretty much confirms that 8.14 being absolutely ridiculous!

Hey I even suggested some solutions.   What have you provided?? Other than entertainment to me?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#106 : June 12, 2007, 10:00:50 PM

You two should get married.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#107 : June 13, 2007, 12:23:15 AM

No, runole should just get over himself and his obsession with UF and myself.

I made a clear point on why this GPA doesn't matter and how runole's little whine fest is over nothing.  He is upset that I did this and now is lashing out at me.

He is my little puppy that always comes back no matter how many times I punish him for piddling on the floor.

Now come right back runole!

Ignore your posts?  Why? I have so much fun seeing you all riled up!

Florida is like any other state.  We have good schools and bad schools.  The fact that you claim all schools in FLorida suck shows your ignorance.  Again I think you are a disgruntled former employee, possibly angry because they finally discovered the loophole in you being a teaher and fired you.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#108 : June 13, 2007, 07:07:41 AM

Agree 100% with that statement.

I knew this "thug" back in my highschool days who knew every damn rap song by heart but
had no clue how to do basic math. Its all relative to what they want to learn.
Lazyness is all around us.

The problem with the education system IMO stems from society. Kids these days think that they deserve the big house the flash cars, etc.
They want it now. Screw going to school and college after that. It takes too long for them....

IMO...... Anyone with half a brain can get a good education if they want it, and put forth the effort.

Back to someone actually contributing to the post rather than just being here because of me!! Sorry for the interruption.

The problem with the school system today is in several areas:

13th Return the highly conflicted and worthless GPA back to 4.0 being perfect.

Runole, I agree with your little "rundown" for the most part, but do you really think that this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed??

I mean come on......... I'd imagine you just put that in there, because it was the foundation for your entire rant here, but this by no means is a serious problem that needs immediate attention. For the many problems that we may have with public education in this state, there is no way that you can really believe that this is as big an issue as you have made it to be.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#109 : June 13, 2007, 08:36:48 AM

Agree 100% with that statement.

I knew this "thug" back in my highschool days who knew every damn rap song by heart but
had no clue how to do basic math. Its all relative to what they want to learn.
Lazyness is all around us.

The problem with the education system IMO stems from society. Kids these days think that they deserve the big house the flash cars, etc.
They want it now. Screw going to school and college after that. It takes too long for them....

IMO...... Anyone with half a brain can get a good education if they want it, and put forth the effort.

Back to someone actually contributing to the post rather than just being here because of me!! Sorry for the interruption.

The problem with the school system today is in several areas:

13th Return the highly conflicted and worthless GPA back to 4.0 being perfect.

Runole, I agree with your little "rundown" for the most part, but do you really think that this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed??

I mean come on......... I'd imagine you just put that in there, because it was the foundation for your entire rant here, but this by no means is a serious problem that needs immediate attention. For the many problems that we may have with public education in this state, there is no way that you can really believe that this is as big an issue as you have made it to be.

The inflated GPA is just one symptom of an educational system gone bankrupt.

You are correct symptom identified now lets go for the cure which truthfully is so far gone I am not sure it can ever be fixed.

You want to know how the educational system in Florida and the US got into such a mess?

1.  Dictating to the classroom teacher that above all Learning should be FUN!!

Actually for most,  "FUN" involves stuff out of the regular classroom and that area has been diminished almost every year.

2.  Pushing stuff into the early grades that frankly doesn't need to be there!   Calculus and Pre Algebra in the 1st grade?

GET serious!!     Learning is a process that takes time learn the basics of Math English Science etc first.

3.  Self - Esteem comes from  "REAL" accomplishment not a bunch of BS! on how great everyone is and everyone can be anything! Failure is a part of life everyone can't be number one.  THAT IS REALITY!  Stating to each kid how wonderful they are regardless of their actual production is ridiculous.  Failure needn't be ridiculed but it certainly shouldn't be given a gold star!!

Do you ever wonder why some of these Gawd awful contestants in American Idol appear completely shocked!! when they are told they SUCK?     They have been told they were Great singers all their lives and they have bought into it even if they are tone deaf.

4.  The inflated GPA is just another example of GIVING something as a measure of no real achievement.  If the kid takes an honors class or advanced class and gets a A average give them 4.0 in an advanced or honors class.

5. Social promotion needs to be curtailed.  Everyone is not college material nor should that necessarily be a goal. Moving them through regardless is horrible.

What is more important in a Capitalistic society?   Going to college or making $$$'s ?? 

If you do cost versus return for the most part getting a degree is not that great of a financial deal.   Working towards owning one's own business is a far more productive endeavor IMO.

6.  Teaching life skills should be the number one goal of secondary education.  Those that are college material most certainly should be given all they can absorb, and those that aren't need to be prepared to become productive members of society.  First step!! accountability and responsibility.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#110 : June 16, 2007, 05:26:08 PM

I think Runole makes some really good points here.  My daughter just graduated from an 'A' school in Hillsborough county, and I thought the education she received was mediocre at best.  This is considered one of the best schools in the county, with enrollment way up since school choice was initiated, as so many people chose to send their kids there.  No plays, very little music or art, one semester of PE, very few extracurricular activities except sports.  And I don't feel as if the academics were that great, either.  My daughter took AP and honors classes, and though many of her teachers were good, the curriculum used is horrendous.  And no history books for the first six weeks because the "order didn't come in"?

Ugh, I could go on and on, but I'm just glad she's out of there and off to university in the fall. 
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Smartest person in the world found at King High school!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools