Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How is Cadillac Williams much different than Kevin Jones of the Lions? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

#15 : June 02, 2007, 12:58:51 PM

oh lord..i hope we arent giving up on Cadillac now too. Let's see he won Rookie of the Year and had a sub par sophmore slump. Those that have given up on Clayton are premature too.

Give our young guys a chance...

Clayton is 3 yrs in.... how much chance does he need?

LtFox

Starter

#16 : June 02, 2007, 01:02:16 PM

oh lord..i hope we arent giving up on Cadillac now too. Let's see he won Rookie of the Year and had a sub par sophmore slump. Those that have given up on Clayton are premature too.

Clayton and Caddy are not comparable. Clayton's lack of productivity far outweighs Caddy's recent "slump". Also, Caddy is generally known as a hard worker while Clayton seems to be more worried about living the "NFL lifestyle". This year is Clayton's last chance in my opinion.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 02, 2007, 01:22:34 PM

The haters of Carnell keep coming but they bring no substance in debating as to why Carnell is an average back other than their "gut" feeling.

LtFox

Starter

#18 : June 02, 2007, 01:28:51 PM

The haters of Carnell keep coming but they bring no substance in debating as to why Carnell is an average back other than their "gut" feeling.

You can't be serious. Here are his stats from last season:

Average Yards per game: 57
Touchdowns: 1
Average Yards per Carry: 3.55

You are right.....he isn't average. Judging him by those numbers I would say he is below average.

gone

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 02, 2007, 01:35:20 PM

It's way too soon to pull the plug on Caddy.  If he had the same numbers in 06 as 05 you'd all be talking about how many pro bowls he'd make in his carreer.  Last year's campaign was a cluster for the whole team, trying to apply individual performance to it is very difficult.  Especially for a "dependent" position like RB.

Look at the WR's, their numbers were awful.  But they were getting open, so calling them out is kinda hard to do.  There are areas where they clearly weren't up to par, but other areas where they were.  It's a muddy picture at best.  Same with Caddy relying on the line and Mike "Block?  I'm a halfback!" Alstott. 

The areas that aren't as "dependent" - the line and the QB -- are a bit clearer, but even then there are team issues that impact.

#20 : June 02, 2007, 01:45:53 PM

Surely you aren't serious? 

He's an often injured, one dimensional back that lacks break-away speed. He's a liability as a pass receiver and pass protector. Other than that, he's awesome.

If he had the same numbers in 06 as 05 you'd all be talking about how many pro bowls he'd make in his carreer.

1100+ yds and 6 tds is not elite and does not get you to the probowl.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 02, 2007, 02:00:15 PM

Jones is a much more of a straight line runner. Caddy is a more natural football running back than Jones is. Jones is a very non-instinctive, front side runner. Caddy seems to have the ability to find holes even if they are not in front of his face. I have more hope for Caddy returning to form than I do Jones.

I agree.  Caddy is the better pure runner but I would say physically Jones has more talent.  He's faster and bigger.

LtFox

Starter

#22 : June 02, 2007, 02:11:16 PM

He's an often injured, one dimensional back that lacks break-away speed. He's a liability as a pass receiver and pass protector. Other than that, he's awesome.

LOL....that is pretty funny.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 02, 2007, 02:34:20 PM

barry sanders would have had trouble behind our line last year.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#24 : June 02, 2007, 03:11:43 PM

Again, I agree with Hate all the way in this thread.

Putting aside the pewter colored glasses for a moment...is this a fair comparison?

Yes.

I'm no fan of Carnell... he's average at best and one-dimensional. We passed on our stud in 04.

I actually like Cadillac, but I think we missed our chance to draft the runningback of the decade.  I remember using every bad word I could think of when we went with Clayton instead.

Clayton is 3 yrs in.... how much chance does he need?

Again, I agree.  Dropped pass after dropped pass, missed oppurtunity after missed oppurtunity.  At least Caddy has an excuse for last year.  Poor QB play allowed other teams to stack the line with 8-9 men in the box, and against our horrible O-line, well, we all know what happened.  What was Clayton's excuse for the 3 dropped TD's I can think of right off the top of my head?  Two of them, wide open!?  If Clayton doesn't step it up this year, he won't be on the team come this time next year.

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 02, 2007, 03:53:48 PM

If he had the same numbers in 06 as 05 you'd all be talking about how many pro bowls he'd make in his carreer.

1100+ yds and 6 tds is not elite and does not get you to the probowl.

No, it doesn't.  But that wouldn't stop people here from calling for it.

Caddy's a long way from being a proven back, but face it, he didn't have much of a shot last year.

CrAsH_oVeRdRiVe

Rookie

#26 : June 02, 2007, 05:09:43 PM

Just put in the tape of Carnell bulldozing 350 pound Maake Kemoeatu into the endzone last year to see how elite of a back Caddy is. I mean does anybody watch the games or just pretend by looking at highlights on espn? Caddy never stood a chance last year, he was often contacted in the backfield and or met in the hole by a defender or two. That's not the problem of a running back but rather the offensive line. It's not to excuse his poor pass catching skills last year though but he was an average to even above average pass blocker. To say he wasn't is ignoring the game tape. He's not at Pittman's level but Pitt is one of the best.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#27 : June 02, 2007, 05:12:49 PM

Overall in the last few years the offensive talent level of the Buc's is about the same as the Lions. Other than the QB..Oh wait nevermind we have the same QB that sucked for them a few seasons ago on our team this year, and seems to be the starter...

#28 : June 02, 2007, 08:28:15 PM

i agree man i havnet given up on caddy or clayton. I think they will be fine and back next year.

kool-aid anyone?

T

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 02, 2007, 09:47:41 PM

Can't judge Caddy just yet. He does need to stay heakthy this year. Put LT,LJ or any top back behind our line with crappy QB play and you will see similiar results.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How is Cadillac Williams much different than Kevin Jones of the Lions? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools