Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sapp's key sack in the PITT upset! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TURBO

Hall of Famer

: October 31, 2006, 02:13:00 PM

Did you guys see Warren break through the line and put Big Ben on his ass this sunday in a key drive of the game???

Argueably it could be called the turning point of the game...  Or, the final nail in the coffin, depending on how you look at it...

I still root for Sapp, he will be a buc forever in my heart!

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#1 : October 31, 2006, 02:14:44 PM

but such an a-hole in person...

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#2 : October 31, 2006, 02:28:11 PM

I love Warren.  I really do.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 31, 2006, 02:31:49 PM

He signed a football card for me in Green Bay a few years back during warm-ups, I thought he was very cool about that...  He asked me how I could be a bucs fan in GB and said I must have made the trip north...  I explained to him that I have been a bucs fan here in Wisconsin since '77 and he winked and said "so there are some smart ones in Green Bay afterall?"

classic Warren.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#4 : October 31, 2006, 02:36:25 PM

He signed a football card for me in Green Bay a few years back during warm-ups, I thought he was very cool about that...  He asked me how I could be a bucs fan in GB and said I must have made the trip north...  I explained to him that I have been a bucs fan here in Wisconsin since '77 and he winked and said "so there are some smart ones in Green Bay afterall?"

classic Warren.

I've had 2 incidents with Warren in tampa, first he almost rear-ended me one day when he was leaving practice when they were located next to the airport. Second, met him on an off day where he was around town, tried to say hello and just wish luck or whatever and told me to get out of his way. Now i just don't see that as a nice guy to me....but too each his own

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 31, 2006, 09:31:56 PM

I could care less if Warren called you a turd with eyes.

In his prime, he was a destroyer on the field.  The only thing he created was chaos (in a good way), and he made the Bucs Cover 2 work effectively.

He is an entertainer, he is not put on this planet to be social with you.  Maybe he had a bad day, maybe he caught his wife cheating on him, maybe he stubbed a toe kicking cones over in practice, who knows?

But he was an animal.  Back in the day anyway.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 31, 2006, 09:58:43 PM

Sapp is my all-time favorite Buc player, hands down.  I want him to retire a Buc and I think he might, but who knows.  What a special player we had in Tampa; personality, power; he was the total package. 

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 31, 2006, 10:06:52 PM

Disagree.  When I worked at a local children's hospital, Sapp used to come in and visit the kids who had cancer and laugh and play video games with them, sign shirts, etc.  With no media with him for photo ops, just to be with the kids.  And he'd bring them stuff just because.  He attended the funeral of one really sweet girl that passed away from cancer and you could tell he was really broken up.

Plus when I met him he called me "mama" :-*  ::)

Sapp is a stud of a player and the fans that were jumping all over his a** at the end of his tenure here deserved Booger.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#8 : October 31, 2006, 10:11:51 PM

Sapp rocks man. Never met the dude and could careless if he's a prick, he dominated  while a Buc, and was part of the reason why our team WAS the Best Defensive team in the league.

#9 : October 31, 2006, 10:17:33 PM

Since the majority of us never met the guy and rely on media reports of his negative antics, we shouldn't prejudge him.

I heard a story about him making a racial comment to a young person, but since I can not substantiate it, there's no good reason to insert it here.

Will agree that during his prime, he was one of the most dominating players of all time.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 31, 2006, 10:32:55 PM

I met Sapp in Portland after the superbowl... was at a Blazers game he signed my jersey was amazed there were Buc fans in Oregon

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : November 01, 2006, 12:28:43 AM

Love Sapp. The most important thing when he was here---other teams/QBs feared him.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#12 : November 01, 2006, 12:57:29 AM

Sapp was awesome. It's too bad that he is on another team right now.

captain jack

Pro Bowler
#13 : November 01, 2006, 07:15:48 AM

He was a monster on the D-line for a long time. I hope he retires as a Buc. I still can't get use to him in a Raiders jersey.

He was at a 76er/Lakers B-ball game in Philly after they won the Superbowl. I think it may have been the Bucs bye week during the 2003 season. Anyway, during one of the TV timeouts, the cameras were showing fans at the game on screens at the Wachovia Center and would either boo or cheer them. They would show a toddler wearing a Sixers jersey and cheer, they would show a fan wearing a Lakers Jersey and boo, etc.. Well of course with Sapp in attendance, they showed his mug on the screen and the boos rained down. All he did was pop that big 'ol smile and flash his Superbowl ring for the camera. That turned the boos into groans. Just another great little jab at Iggles fans.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!!

T

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 01, 2006, 09:27:54 AM

He looks weird in that Raiders uniform.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sapp's key sack in the PITT upset! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools