Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden the offensive guru (32nd ranked scoring offense) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Goober

Second String

: October 31, 2006, 03:44:05 PM

I said earlier - how long do we give this "genius" to put together a good offense?  Is 4 and a half years not enough time???

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 31, 2006, 03:44:54 PM

Does anyone watch that show the Office? Freak'n hilarious, must see.

I don't. But I do enjoy "The Daily Show". Great stuff.

G-Snake

Rookie

#2 : October 31, 2006, 03:37:43 PM

I just noticed that the Bucs are dead last in scoring offense. And only one other team has yet to reach 100 points (the Raiders). All I ever hear about from the media is how 'Gruden is the offensive guru'. Well I'm not a Gruden hater, but how is he a guru if his offense is absolutely the worst in the league? You can't use a rookie QB as the excuse, because he's played ALOT better than our so called knight in shining armor that we had at QB at the start of the season. The play calling he's made is baffling at times.

I understand that he won a superbowl, and managed the team to a 11-5 record last year. But say the Bucs go 5-11 this year. After his superbowl win the team will have a record of 28-36 in the 4 seasons after that Superbowl win, and lets honestly face it, that team won the superbowl because of the defense, and veteran play on offense (keyshawn, keenan, BJ, Dilger). I know Gruden won't likely be fired, but 3 losing seasons out of the last 4 would surely have some coaches looking for a new job. With the talent on offense, I think it's time to look for a real offensive coach while Monte is still aroun as the DC.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 31, 2006, 03:42:21 PM

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 31, 2006, 03:47:34 PM

I said earlier - how long do we give this "genius" to put together a good offense? Is 4 and a half years not enough time???

anyone who puts the word genuis or offensive guru in any posts needs to be ignored. It's rediculous. Your name fits your posts.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 31, 2006, 03:54:05 PM

I just noticed that the Bucs are dead last in scoring offense.

That's all I need to read. Wow. Thanks for telling us that. At 2-5 with a third string rookie QB taking over, two rookie OL men and several second and third year players playing together for the first time I'm shocked, SHOCKED at this stunning news!
Do you know what development means? We are developing a winning offense and most of us can see that without having to **CENSORED** and moan about every setback.
Tell us, who would YOU start? LOL
Come ON!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

spartan

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 31, 2006, 03:57:49 PM

I don't. But I do enjoy "The Daily Show". Great stuff.

Personally I'm gutted that Stargate SG1 has been cancelled next year by the SciFi Channel. Talk about short sighted .......

Hey, that kinda fits in with most of the posts this week doesn't it?

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#7 : October 31, 2006, 04:00:02 PM

did you hear the news?????

there are alot of bashers here!

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#8 : October 31, 2006, 04:27:13 PM

The office rocks!

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 31, 2006, 04:56:09 PM

i never ever expected much out of this O even back in the day 1996 to now we allways won with D and that's how i judge this team.  we need to get back kick ass D and run the rock all the time with controlled passing attack. old school all the way. ;D ;D

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : October 31, 2006, 04:59:06 PM

I said earlier - how long do we give this "genius" to put together a good offense? Is 4 and a half years not enough time???

anyone who puts the word genuis or offensive guru in any posts needs to be ignored. It's rediculous. Your name fits your posts.
Anyone who puts the word best in the same sentence as Simeon Rice needs to be ignored!!!

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#11 : October 31, 2006, 05:10:13 PM

Anyone who spells ridiculous with an E should be ignored.....

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 31, 2006, 05:26:25 PM

Stop with the hate on each other. When a 6th round rookie runs an offense, you cant expect high scoring games.

Heroes is the show to watch this season. Yes it does saddens me that SG-1 is finished after this last season.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 31, 2006, 05:27:04 PM

G-Snake, there's more love on this board for Gruden than you would have gotten at Woodstock.  These guys keep saying, "be patient," "it's a rebuilding year," "the O-line sucks," "nobody can catch."  Give me a break Gru-lovers.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#14 : October 31, 2006, 05:29:13 PM

Grad' is not Marino, and does not have the benifit of the O-line Big Ben had as a rookie, how the hsck can anyone win with a 6th round rookie and a rookie right side of the O-line, and our schedule. Oh and an aging defense. Where do you think the Colts, Pat's or any other decent team would be without their starting QB's?
I do agree that he has issues and his ego drives him a bit too much, but our bad record years were not all on him.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden the offensive guru (32nd ranked scoring offense) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools