Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Once a Gator, now a traitor « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#135 : June 06, 2007, 07:59:28 AM

Uh, actually I was never trying to find ANY correlation between Donovan and Dukes.  There isn't  any.

What I WAS saying was that I found it troubling that people were defending Dukes who is a thug yet bash Donovan for changing his mind and otherwise being a classy and high character individual.

Maybe you should take in a lesson on reading comprehension?  I wasn't correlating the 2 guys in any way, shape, or form.  What I did say was RJ, BBB, and some others were defending Dukes but attacking Donovan which I think is apalling to me.

At least if you are going to make a smartass comment get your facts straight.

Maybe YOU should clarify things before going off like an áss. I was refering to rj with my comment about the one person in response to YOUR saying "people" were bashing BD and defending Dukes.... What I am doing is NOT defending Dukes for anything he's done. My stance is I don't care what he's done. If he's not wearing cuffs he should be weaing a glove..... and I don't think I've crucified BD that much .... just called him a chicken.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#136 : June 06, 2007, 08:15:51 AM

i know for a 100% fact  that threatening to kill someone is assault and against the law.

and no, just because it's on tape doesnt mean she doesnt have to press charges. either she can press them or the state can... but just because it's public and on tape doesnt mean anything will happen if she chooses not to.
Why wouldn't the state press charges if someone is heard on a tape threatening to kill someone? Why should they need the victim to do anything? It's there for all to hear. That's assault and against the law...

because without her testimony the state can't prove whether or not it should be considered a real threat or whether or not she felt in danger.

Library card is free  ya know... just in case ya wanna bone up on some basics.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#137 : June 06, 2007, 08:40:55 AM

Let me introduce you guys to an important concept of contract law, detrimental reliance. "Detrimental reliance exists where one party reasonably relies on statements made by the other party to take steps and incur expenses. For example, if one party agrees to have a second party build an addition to his home, but then changes his mind, if the second party buys materials in expectation of building the addition, detrimental reliance may exist. In those cases, the court will typically either require the breaching party to go through with the agreement or to repay the other for the expenses incurred." Donovan may have signed a contract, but what harm did those three days do to the Magic? At worst a few people bought season tickets because of the hire. They didn't sign/draft anyone because of Donovan and they didn't miss out on hiring Phil Jackson because of Billy. It's completely legitimate to stipulate he can't coach in the NBA during the next five years, but other than that a pro contract has no jurisdiction in the college game. It's amazing people start crying about the sanctity of a contract over this yet coaches move jobs while still under contract in every league every year and people don't make a big deal.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#138 : June 06, 2007, 08:50:16 AM

i know for a 100% fact  that threatening to kill someone is assault and against the law.

and no, just because it's on tape doesnt mean she doesnt have to press charges. either she can press them or the state can... but just because it's public and on tape doesnt mean anything will happen if she chooses not to.
Why wouldn't the state press charges if someone is heard on a tape threatening to kill someone? Why should they need the victim to do anything? It's there for all to hear. That's assault and against the law...

because without her testimony the state can't prove whether or not it should be considered a real threat or whether or not she felt in danger.

Library card is free  ya know... just in case ya wanna bone up on some basics.

Hey, I was pretty proud of myself for finding the statute that verified, for me, that a verbal threat was indeed an assault ..... baby steps.   ;)

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#139 : June 07, 2007, 09:55:48 AM

BBB i think the knee jerk response from Ray was to me because i agreed with your take.  Not sure, but that's a guess.

regardless, you can't make a point and then when someone disagrees just run over them with venom.  C'mon Ray, nobody said you're a dumbasss or implied your facts were not correct - someone simply disagreed.

don't take this garbage so personally...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#140 : June 07, 2007, 01:12:09 PM

Heh, there's some history with BBB and I.  It has been known to get heated at times.  We disagree often and argue a bunch, but I respect his opinion even if I don't always show it in the heat of an argument.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#141 : June 07, 2007, 05:02:04 PM

BBB i think the knee jerk response from Ray was to me because i agreed with your take.  Not sure, but that's a guess.
No, it was aimed at me. He thought I was refering to him as the only person intertwining BD and Dukes .....

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#142 : June 07, 2007, 05:06:41 PM

Well, you DID quote me.  Without mentioning who you meant the insinuation was me which I felt was assinine.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#143 : June 07, 2007, 05:23:20 PM

Well, you DID quote me.  Without mentioning who (I thought) [/b]you meant the insinuation was me which I felt was assinine.

There, I edited your quote for accuracy .... you assumed[/b] I was refering to you.   ;)

And you are correct, we do have a kind of a history and, to be perfectly honest, I must take a little more of the blame on my side. You had two strikes against you before I ever read a post because of your name. My dad was a UT grad and I went to many a UT-FSC hoops game here and in Lakeland. Only the Gator fans are higher in my book in ahole-ability.... so, of course, when you turned out to be a UF fan, too, it was the Perfect Storm..... and, yes, I am a pretty shallow person.   ::)

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#144 : June 07, 2007, 08:34:07 PM

I knew there HAD to be something.

Yes, I am a UF grad and received my MBA from FSC.  I had just finished when I signed up on these boards so I signed up the name to represent.

I didn't think any on here knew what FSC was.  No one has ever asked.

#145 : June 07, 2007, 09:43:34 PM

I have, and I just recently found out about Florida Southern.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#146 : June 08, 2007, 11:20:41 AM

You asked me?

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#147 : June 09, 2007, 11:30:25 AM

;)  I knew what it meant...

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Once a Gator, now a traitor « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools