Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are we having fun yet? A young O, a crazy coach. « previous next »
Page: 1

: October 31, 2006, 04:21:35 PM

I thought we all realized that we were in for a long season at 0-3 without our starting QB.  If you had told me that we would be 2-5 a month ago, after facing the Saints, Eagles, Ciny and the Giants, I would've called you a liar.

There are plenty of problems here, number 1 being a lack of execution on offense.  Point is, take a powder (or pill, your choice, druggy), sit back and allow the team to grow.  We're going to have some low points, but our median starter on O is 25 years old.

As for Jon's play calling...I agree we need to give the ball to Caddy.  Lots.  At the same time, JG's playcalling did what it was supposed to do: put his players in a position to win the game.  If we do not drop those passes, we are set to win that game.

I don't agree with his playcalling, but to act as though a WCO throwing the ball 45 times runs counter to what our offense is about is just false.  While the criticism for not running the ball is warranted, you can at the same time give Jon credit for keeping the playbook open for his players.  They just need to make plays.

In short, what did we learn about the Bucs on Sunday?  Nothing.  This was expected.  I hope Caddy gets the ball.  I hope Jon comes around, but these performances are expected.

Now...let's whip these horrible Saints.

And...if we don't, let's call for JG's head, m'kay?  ;)

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#1 : October 31, 2006, 04:27:41 PM

And...if we don't, let's call for JG's head, m'kay?

lets not, lets give him this year, if after next yr there is no improvement, then we can call for his head

#2 : October 31, 2006, 05:04:31 PM

And...if we don't, let's call for JG's head, m'kay?

lets not, lets give him this year, if after next yr there is no improvement, then we can call for his head

I agree, I was being sarcastic, I just didn't make the correct facial expression.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#3 : October 31, 2006, 05:07:37 PM

gotcha!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are we having fun yet? A young O, a crazy coach. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools