Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: YES! STAN THE MAN = MAGIC NEW HEAD COACH « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : June 05, 2007, 04:30:13 PM

He obviously wanted to be here when he signed the deal, not our fault his feelings got hurt when he went home.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 05, 2007, 04:31:56 PM

He obviously wanted to be here when he signed the deal, not our fault his feelings got hurt when he went home.

did his feelings get hurt?

or did he realize that he's a god in gville and the fairweather fans in orlando would expect too much and then crucify him if he didnt get it right away?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 05, 2007, 05:10:17 PM

Another ignorant Florida sports fan. This area of the country (and Im including Orlando) has proven time and time again that they can support a major sports team like anyone else. The Magic have a large following, and when the move back to the top of the East you will see it.

10 years ago there were as many Florida basketball fans as FSU basketball fans. Dont confuse yourself. Florida basketball fans are not this incredibly loyal, and deep rooted fan base like you are acting. They are just like any other major sports team in the area, they are winning so they are getting a lot of attention.

Billy Donovan pulled a real jagoff move, and the fact that some UF supporters will back his actions is hilarious to me. If Bobby Bowden did the same thing, I would be bashing him the same way I am Donovan. Get your nose out of his crotch
So it would be good business for a marginalized team in a marginalized league to go after compensation from the state's most influential university?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#33 : June 06, 2007, 10:10:05 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgFcHCqH.IJsuHSm_uZpugI5nYcB?slug=ap-magic-donovan&prov=ap&type=lgns

Great organization Miami is running, screw Stan, and now trying to get compensation for him getting a promotion.

Oh and Billy D is finally gone.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 06, 2007, 10:53:28 AM

I would have rathered Jeff than Stan...this kinda sucks....

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#35 : June 06, 2007, 11:55:38 PM

If SAINT Bobby did this everyone would all on his jock.

The person in question is not the issue. The snake move that wa smade is the problem. It just happens to be a coach of UF, a school that I hate, burning the Orlando Magic, a team that I love, so of course I am going to be especially POed.

This wasn;t an impulse move, like throwing a bat at an umpire might be perceived as. Maybe you can forgive a man for throwing a bat in the heat of the moment. Billy D signed a contract and held an hour long press conference and then 2 days later he changed his mind? Hes not 7 years old, thsi is the real world, and PEOPLE DONT DO THINGS LIKE THAT. I have no personal hatred for the guy, like i did for Steve Spurrier. I don't judge the man. I simply call it like I see it, and this was nothing short of a snake move no matter who it was. I dont care if you will love Billy D until he dies, you had no reason to defend him for this specific move. You claiming that thios move was sopme how okay because he's a "good guy" is ridiculoous. Get your head out of the sand and just say you disagree with what he did and everything that is said about him right now is well deserved.

When November rolls around he will once again be one of the grear college coaches in the game and a guy that is well respected around the nation as a coach.

#36 : June 07, 2007, 12:00:02 AM

Looks like Stan might go to the Kings....

#37 : June 07, 2007, 12:01:36 AM

So it would be good business for a marginalized team in a marginalized league to go after compensation from the state's most influential university?

marginalized league? The NBA is a far more productive business than you give it credit for. Whether you are a fan or not is not important

Explain to me how it wouyld be "suicidal" to take on "the largest alumni base around them". Billy Donovan broke a contract. Contract = legally binding. If the Magic wanted to they would have every right to pursue this case legally. So Im not quite sure why they would fear the UF fan base. What are the going to do send Vinny and Louie to Orlando to crack some heads? LOL

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#38 : June 07, 2007, 01:15:19 AM

Haha, you obviously don't know contract law.

Anyway, the Magic are done with this and so am I.  You can hate all you want but it won't change a thing.  Deal with it and move on like everyone else involved.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#39 : June 07, 2007, 02:10:59 AM

Rick Carlisle anyone?????

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 07, 2007, 12:18:39 PM

marginalized league? The NBA is a far more productive business than you give it credit for. Whether you are a fan or not is not important

Explain to me how it wouyld be "suicidal" to take on "the largest alumni base around them". Billy Donovan broke a contract. Contract = legally binding. If the Magic wanted to they would have every right to pursue this case legally. So Im not quite sure why they would fear the UF fan base. What are the going to do send Vinny and Louie to Orlando to crack some heads? LOL
I actually like the NBA but it is what it is. Most Americans don't care about it like football, NASCAR, or baseball. More than a few playoff games this year couldn't beat popular cable shows.

And as I said above, you can't pursue someone for breach of contract unless you can prove they harmed you in some way, and the most they could prove is $300,000-400,000 worth of season ticket sales, and in NBA terms that is nothing. Grant Hill makes that in about 2 games. It would be a PR disaster suing a public institution for a paltry sum like that, especially when a good chunk of the state's reporters and broadcasters went to school there.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#41 : June 07, 2007, 04:46:14 PM

Looks like the 'Gic are setting Rashard Lewis as the #1 choice.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 07, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Very happy with Stan as the Magic's HC.  They couldn't have come out better considering the Donovan fiasco.  I'm not going to front, I was hyped for Donovan to come to Orlando, but if the guy doesn't want to be here we don't need him here.  Stan has made it known by not only his words but his actions of turning down Indiana and Sacremento that Orlando was where he wanted to be. 

Too bad it didn't turn out better with Donovan but Van Gundy is far from a consolation prize.  A fellow Magic friend of mine said maybe, just maybe this thing ends up working out best for all involved. 

Welcome to Orlando Coach Van Gundy!

#43 : June 07, 2007, 06:14:40 PM

Looks like the 'Gic are setting Rashard Lewis as the #1 choice.

YES!!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: YES! STAN THE MAN = MAGIC NEW HEAD COACH « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools