Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Navy Bootcamp « previous next »
Page: 1 2

HeyTampaBay

Starter

: June 05, 2007, 12:19:33 AM

In about a month (July 12th) I'll be leaving for bootcamp for the Navy, provided my ship date dosn't get pushed back a bit (because I'm in the process of switching from the reserves to active-duty).

I'm not really nervous and am actually looking forward to getting out of this dump that is Port Richey, but I know bootcamp will also be no fun.

The general idea I am getting is that if you just stay straight, do what you're told and basically don't screw, then it'll basically be a breeze (okay maybe a "breeze" is a stretch, but you know what I mean!)

I was just wondering if anybody could give me some sort of idea what in store for and possibly any advice! That'd be really cool..

Thanks guys

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 05, 2007, 12:40:30 AM

The key is to keep quiet and try not to be seen.  I went in the Marines at 17.  The best advice I ever received was to go scared, and to graduate; it would be the quickest way off of the Island.

NativeOfTheBay

Second String

#2 : June 05, 2007, 03:12:10 AM

The key is to keep quiet and try not to be seen. I went in the Marines at 17. The best advice I ever received was to go scared, and to graduate; it would be the quickest way off of the Island.
What he said..Did 8 in the Army. Thats probably the best advice you can have.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 05, 2007, 04:58:00 AM

my friend is staying with me on leave now from the navy. We were talking about his boot camp a few days ago. Basically if your fat expect to be called a fat slob, if your a meat head and think your tough enjoy eating dirt. But if you keep quite and do your work your fine. He said everyone got yelled at. And you will do a **CENSORED** load of pushups. Hes out in a year and couldnt be more excitied doesnt like it much

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#4 : June 05, 2007, 09:25:55 AM

I was in the Navy but it was so long ago I'm sure things have changed. However, I can attest to the above advice about trying not to be seen. I was put in charge of half of the company (Starboard Watch Commander) and man did I have problems. Somebody under your command screws up and not only will they get yelled at but the leader gets it too. Where will you be going to boot? I went to Orlando only because that was the only place where women went to boot back then. I don't think they even have boot in Orlando anymore but being with the split tails wasn't all that bad.

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#5 : June 05, 2007, 10:01:42 AM

My bootcamp is in great lakes, chicago

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#6 : June 05, 2007, 10:05:30 AM

Well, it's better to be going there this time of year instead of the winter. When I was in Memphis attending Electronic "A" school some guys came in that had just finished boot at Great Lakes and they said it was as cold as a witch's tit. What is your rate (job) going to be?

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#7 : June 05, 2007, 10:21:12 AM

I'm going to be an ET

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 05, 2007, 10:51:40 AM

Great mistakes...have fun.
And get used to this song
Rasin Rasin dont be blue
I was once a rasin too!

I loved boot camp!
Do all you can to get the chicken flag,you will thank me latter.
Do be careful after you pass and review....All most every week some one dies going into chicago!
They know you have cash and they like to take it.Dont go alone.
Have fun and be thankful you arent there in the winter as I was!

Moma Moma cant you see?
What the NAVYS done to me?

Good times!

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#9 : June 05, 2007, 10:39:26 AM

Ahh, you're going to be a "Black Shoe", huh? I was an AT. Basically, the same job as yours but on aircraft. Don't listen to your swabbies talking bad about "Brown Shoes". We're all good 8) Where will you be going to "A" school? Or have you already been since you're in the Reserves?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 05, 2007, 10:45:01 AM

Good luck in the Navy.  Don't worry about boot camp, just lie low and it will be over in no time.

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#11 : June 05, 2007, 10:46:14 AM

Good luck in the Navy. Don't worry about boot camp, just lie low and it will be over in no time.

Thanks man. That's pretty much what I'm getting from everybody else.

With my luck I'll be one of the people that they select out of the group and tell to lead everybody.. haha.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 05, 2007, 10:52:50 AM

Is AT school still in millington?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 05, 2007, 10:53:12 AM

Ahh, you're going to be a "Black Shoe", huh? I was an AT. Basically, the same job as yours but on aircraft. Don't listen to your swabbies talking bad about "Brown Shoes". We're all good 8) Where will you be going to "A" school? Or have you already been since you're in the Reserves?

Of course you're all good.  You're just not *real* sailors.

:)

I keeed, of course.  We all love you guys.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#14 : June 05, 2007, 11:29:17 AM

Doobie, yes AT school is in Millington, TN. I went there for "C" school also and I swear, if I'm travelling and Millington is enroute I will make a detour and go around that godawful place.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Navy Bootcamp « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools