Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Giants Fans « previous next »
Page: 1

Pick6

Hall of Famer
: October 31, 2006, 07:08:36 PM

Was at the meadowlands, aside from the bucs' performance and the horrendous wind it was an ok experience, but i've gotta put something out there....

giants fans seem like friendly folks (esp for new yorkers), but people who complain that bucs fans are too casual should visit the meadowlands - for all their rep as dedicated fans, the guys i was sitting around (we're talking 1st level, longtime season ticketholders) knew less about the giants than i did....the people around me were discussing NCAA Big 10 teams for most of the 2nd quarter (try and figure that one out), and most people didn't bother to make noise for their D except on big 3rd downs...the guys sitting beside my friend spent most of the game monitoring their fantasy teams on their Treos, and probably didn't realize they were at a football game themselves until about 2 PM....people started streaming out halfway thru the 4th quarter with the bucs still 11 points behind...i've gotta say the atmosphere at raymond james is about 10 times more intense than what i experienced at the meadowlands....i think we have a very active and football-savvy crowd compared to many sites around the league, but i would've placed most fan bases in the Northeast ahead of us (what kind of person can sit exposed on a stadium seat in the freezing cold in december to watch a football game?) - i was shocked to come to new york and see how this division-leading giants team was being supported.

i went to the jets game at the meadowlands last year, and i have to say it was like night and day - that's a group of fans who care about their team, even at 0-4 or 1-3 or whatever they were when we rolled into town. amazing, considering that the giants have a history pretty much as old as the sport itself

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 01, 2006, 12:24:01 PM

GOOD POINT, IM A RATICAL BUCS FAN I GUESS, I NEVER KNEW I WOULD BE ATTACKED BY MY OWN FANS FOR BEING DIE HARD

SUCH AS

BOID FINK
ELI10
MATHEWBUG

WHATS GOING ON HERE???

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 01, 2006, 01:19:37 PM

GOOD POINT, IM A RATICAL BUCS FAN I GUESS, I NEVER KNEW I WOULD BE ATTACKED BY MY OWN FANS FOR BEING DIE HARD

SUCH AS

BOID FINK
ELI10
MATHEWBUG

WHATS GOING ON HERE???

maybe it's the caps lock? could be you're a cheddar**CENSORED**, we'll never know.

Eli10

Second String

#3 : November 01, 2006, 04:50:21 PM

SUCH AS

BOID FINK
ELI10
MATHEWBUG

WHATS GOING ON HERE???

maybe it's the caps lock? could be you're a cheddar**CENSORED**, we'll never know.

Keppon - you know you're asking for it with ALSTOTT40 "ratical" fan.  But I like the response

As for Giants fans being subdued, I don't think that's entirely the case. I think October games at the Meadowlands tend to do that. I think for big games (and really divsional games) I think the crowd is much more boisterous. I've been to games there and, as a Giants fan, I really feel it can get loud very quickly. The Bucs, there's no rivalry there and while they are a decent team, I think with 80+ years, it takes a bit more to get us going :-)
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Giants Fans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools