Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody watching the Rays game-- r u kidding??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #15 : June 05, 2007, 10:23:52 PM »

pathetic.... simply pathetic.... I dunno what was more sad, the BP or Maddon, even though I guess when your whole BP is horrible outside of the one guy who has been overpitched to the point he was unavailable there isn't much you can do.... Not to mention the 2nd best reliever is out bc he juiced.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #16 : June 05, 2007, 10:25:17 PM »

And thats not even mentioning Dukes lazy azz play in Center field that allowed the first run to score.

This team makes me sick sometimes. To go from damn exciting to the most pathetic  9th inning I have ever seen.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #17 : June 05, 2007, 10:27:28 PM »

pathetic.... simply pathetic.... I dunno what was more sad, the BP or Maddon, even though I guess when your whole BP is horrible outside of the one guy who has been overpitched to the point he was unavailable there isn't much you can do.... Not to mention the 2nd best reliever is out bc he juiced.
Was Reyes not able to go at all. He has been overpitched, but I did not know he was unavail tonite.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #18 : June 05, 2007, 10:27:46 PM »

If you have to run too far to get a ball in the outfield you get the next day off it seems this year.  What a joke.  I remember baseball was grinding it out day after day.
 These pitchers can not even throw strikes if they wanted to. That was obvious tonight.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #19 : June 05, 2007, 10:33:56 PM »

Well I will put a lot of this on Maddon for over working Reyes against one of the weakest lineups in the league... Howell and Jamie could've gone the whole way, and just incase you have Reyes standing by, but you don't use him in those situations, especially when it puts you without him for the next couple games against a better team... And I can understand giving Reyes tonight off after overworking him, he is old and has had 2 TJSs...

Absolutely pathetic job on both the BPs parts and Maddons...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #20 : June 05, 2007, 11:13:01 PM »

Someone should start the official fire Joe Maddon thread. I will not watch another game until they get into second place. That was all I needed to see. An all time low.

I'm in.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #21 : June 05, 2007, 11:15:04 PM »

Well I will put a lot of this on Maddon for over working Reyes against one of the weakest lineups in the league... Howell and Jamie could've gone the whole way, and just incase you have Reyes standing by, but you don't use him in those situations, especially when it puts you without him for the next couple games against a better team... And I can understand giving Reyes tonight off after overworking him, he is old and has had 2 TJSs...

Not only a weak line up but twice in nonsave situations including a 9-4 loss.  And why remove Glover after a perfect 8th.  He can't throw 20-25 pitches in a game?  Maddon's a joke and he's killing this team as much as the pathetic bullpen is.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #22 : June 05, 2007, 11:18:30 PM »

Not only a weak line up but twice in nonsave situations including a 9-4 loss. And why remove Glover after a perfect 8th. He can't throw 20-25 pitches in a game? Maddon's a joke and he's killing this team as much as the pathetic bullpen is.
I agree... Honestly, this will be Maddon's last year, he has done what he was hired to do, he has developed some of the younger guys on the team, now we need a manager that can manage and can win games, with the young pitchers coming up, all this team will need is a BP to make a serious playoff run.

LJP

Practice Squad

« #23 : June 05, 2007, 11:19:37 PM »

Why do they pull the starting pitcher who did well And had < than 100 pitches?? Bull**** pen!

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #24 : June 05, 2007, 11:23:10 PM »

Hey Karen, and yes you are right, we shoulda let Sonny pitch one more and then bring in Glover for the 9th... bad choices by Maddon

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #25 : June 05, 2007, 11:24:29 PM »

Not only a weak line up but twice in nonsave situations including a 9-4 loss. And why remove Glover after a perfect 8th. He can't throw 20-25 pitches in a game? Maddon's a joke and he's killing this team as much as the pathetic bullpen is.
I agree... Honestly, this will be Maddon's last year, he has done what he was hired to do, he has developed some of the younger guys on the team, now we need a manager that can manage and can win games, with the young pitchers coming up, all this team will need is a BP to make a serious playoff run.

I don't believe he's developed anything.  This team is a joke fundamentally.  From baserunning to bunting to pitch selection to ptichers mechanics .. they look,like a little league team most of the time.  And that may be insulting to some of the better little league teams.  The young players have started to develop because they have gained experience and PT.  Maddon is just there taking up space.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #26 : June 05, 2007, 11:27:32 PM »

I don't believe he's developed anything.  This team is a joke fundamentally.  From baserunning to bunting to pitch selection to ptichers mechanics .. they look,like a little league team most of the time.  And that may be insulting to some of the better little league teams.  The young players have started to develop because they have gained experience and PT.  Maddon is just there taking up space.
Well, CC has improved since he has arrived, BJ has improved a lot, Shields, etc. So I think he has had something to do with this, but honestly, I'm not there, so I can't tell you what I think he has done, or even if he has helped, but either way, at the end of this year he is gone... Hopefully for a real manager. Girardi is a possibility, who knows maybe even a bigger name that could be let go at the end of the year.

LJP

Practice Squad

« #27 : June 05, 2007, 11:28:39 PM »

|TS|=??

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #28 : June 05, 2007, 11:31:24 PM »

|TS|=??
Someone just told me it was you and told me to say hey lol...

« #29 : June 05, 2007, 11:32:13 PM »

|TS|=??
Oh come on Karen over 50 DAYS spent on this board, you know who Top Secret is.

BTW folks that's 1200 hours, impressive.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody watching the Rays game-- r u kidding??? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools