Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Late Night Eating « previous next »
Page: 1

HeyTampaBay

Starter

: June 06, 2007, 01:09:25 AM

I just downed about 4 scoops of Fat Free ice cream. It was actually pretty good, better than it sounds. (This breyers fat free ice cream is pretty goooooddddd)

That lead me to wondering.

Question for people who are experts of health/dieting what not:

Is late night eating REALLY that bad for people. How about people who are more active than others. Could that be a variable that could change how bad it might be for people as well?

Just wondering. I've been doing alot of running/working out at the gym in preparation for Navy endeavors and I've always wondered about this. Of course everbody has heard how it is bad not to eat at night but I was just wondering... to what degree???

Thanks guys

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 06, 2007, 08:19:09 AM

depends on how late you stay up after you eat. depends on if you work out right before you go to bed.

all in all, eating late night fat free or not, is pretty bad. generally if you're more active and workout at night before going to bed then it's less damaging, and of course if it's not a habit then it doesnt hurt every once in a while.

if you do it a few nights a week, you'll see the effects.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 06, 2007, 08:27:37 AM

Eating at night doesn't allow the body to easily digest the food (assuming no physical activity) AND you might see an increase in the size of your belt.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

replica

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 06, 2007, 08:52:11 AM

..aint that the truth..Damn you Ben & Jerry!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 06, 2007, 12:21:35 PM

As to Fat free what is in the ice cream?  If it contains Olestra it might be wise to avoid it.  Far too many additives in food today in which long term effects are either unknown or ignored in the interest of profit.

#5 : June 06, 2007, 09:09:25 PM

As to Fat free what is in the ice cream?  If it contains Olestra it might be wise to avoid it.  Far too many additives in food today in which long term effects are either unknown or ignored in the interest of profit.

Just the short term effects are bad enough. Olestra was responsible for the term "anal leakage". I'll have to pass on that little side effect.

#6 : June 06, 2007, 09:14:14 PM

Heh heh, just got done having a bowl of Edy's 1/2 calorie rocky road ice cream about an hour ago(it was deelish).  ;D

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 07, 2007, 03:40:09 PM

um, i prefer Taco Bell at 1:37AM because i order at 1:34AM and it takes 3 minutes to get into my digestive tract...

Runole

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 07, 2007, 03:46:50 PM

um, i prefer Taco Bell at 1:37AM because i order at 1:34AM and it takes 3 minutes to get into my digestive tract...

I stopped eating ever at Taco Bell when I found they used GRADE D Beef!!  I wasn't aware Beef could be rated that low.

#9 : June 07, 2007, 09:20:19 PM

When to Google to find a pic of a decrepit old cow but found this instead:

Hillary Clinton and her driver were cruising along a country road in New York State one evening when an old cow loomed in front of the car. The driver tried to avoid it but couldn't - the aged bovine was struck and killed.

Hillary told her driver to go up to the farmhouse and explain to the owners what had happened. She stayed in the car making phone calls to lobbyists.

About an hour later the driver staggered back to the car with his clothes in disarray. He was holding a half-empty bottle of expensive wine in one hand, a rare, huge Cuban cigar in the other, and was smiling happily, smeared with lipstick.

"What happened to you?", asked Hillary?

"Well," the driver replied, "The farmer gave me the cigar, his wife gave me the wine, and their beautiful twin daughters made mad passionate love to me."

"My God, what did you tell them?" asked Hillary.

The driver replied :"I just stepped inside the door and said, I'm Hillary Clinton's chauffeur and I've just killed the old cow. The rest happened like lightning!"

BP1

Pro Bowler

#10 : June 07, 2007, 11:49:22 PM

I stopped eating ever at Taco Bell when I found they used GRADE D Beef!! I wasn't aware Beef could be rated that low.

okay, I did like eating at Taco Bell. :(

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Late Night Eating « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools