Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Current top five in NFC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 01, 2006, 12:58:11 PM

Man, The Bucs can beat any of those teams. Just a shame really.

well, we lost to 3 of them (Falcons, Saints, Giants)and have yet to play 2 others (bears and cowboys)...

At this point, I can't agree that we can beat all those teams, but then again, I didn't think we could beat the Ea-GIRLS or Bungles either...

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 01, 2006, 12:59:13 PM

Bears, Giants, Eagles, Seahawks, Falcons.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

gharen

Pro Bowler

#17 : November 01, 2006, 01:01:04 PM

Amen, Rocket!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 01, 2006, 01:01:45 PM

I'd still like to see the Bears play someone good...  They have the easiest schedule in the NFL, let's see what they do against the BIG BOYS...

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#19 : November 01, 2006, 06:53:56 PM

I'd still like to see the Bears play someone good...  They have the easiest schedule in the NFL, let's see what they do against the BIG BOYS...

Yeah man I agree, gosh easiest schedule. I can't wait to see how the play against the Giants.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#20 : November 01, 2006, 07:53:01 PM

I'd still like to see the Bears play someone good... They have the easiest schedule in the NFL, let's see what they do against the BIG BOYS...

ABSOLUTELY!!!!  Wait until they play New England or the Giants.  The only good team they beat was the Seahawks.  I won't buy into the hype until they do that.

Anyway, this thread just shows how superior the AFC is this year.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#21 : November 01, 2006, 10:49:58 PM

same here Samoa, not buying on the bears until they beat a dominant team.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#22 : November 04, 2006, 01:29:50 AM

ROCKETSPEED---Lynch47, Turbo, & Blackbeardsghost all disagreed with you about who the Bucs could beat. Not calling any of them stupid? Only the girl?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#23 : November 04, 2006, 01:36:22 AM

of course they are, or were, however you want to look at it... They have an easy schedule, you can't really get around that. I'm not taking anything away from the Bears, this is the NFL, and a win is a win, but when their competition picks up in the coming weeks, we'll see how they do then...

So basically the Bears are doing what we did last year.......

The Bears didn't just beat the defending NFC champs though, they KILLED them.   They also almost lost to the Cards, so who knows.  But they are 7-0, and we are 2-5, so for anyone to say we are better is funny.....  In general, not saying you did.

Bottom line is, we are everything we weren't last year.  Last year we beat up on bad teams, won close games, and therefore had a good record.  This year we can't beat teams we should, can't win a close game, can't hold a late lead, etc.  Therefore we have a 2-5 record.  ENd of story.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#24 : November 04, 2006, 01:58:01 AM

ROCKETSPEED---Lynch47, Turbo, & Blackbeardsghost all disagreed with you about who the Bucs could beat. Not calling any of them stupid? Only the girl?

Or maybe the first person to disagree and the only one who used an ad hominem insult to disagree? Don't hide  behind being a girl when you attack someone. Just makes you look dishonest.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#25 : November 04, 2006, 02:14:03 AM

I'm not hiding about being a girl. Stick around long enuff & you'll find out I frequently get jumped on by some jerk even if other (male) posters say the same thing. If I had a different screen name it would be different. They act totally different to someone they don't know is a girl. I was told I I should go post on HGTV. It doesn't matter--I'm not going anywhere.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#26 : November 04, 2006, 02:28:40 AM

I'm not hiding about being a girl. Stick around long enuff & you'll find out I frequently get jumped on by some jerk even if other (male) posters say the same thing. If I had a different screen name it would be different. They act totally different to someone they don't know is a girl. I was told I I should go post on HGTV. It doesn't matter--I'm not going anywhere.

Karen, I told you that I know that's happened to you. I'm just saying in this case it didn't. Also, remember people lurk and don't always post. I've lurked here for years and have  even been an insider during the last few seasons. This season unfortunately I can't. Doesn't mean since I haven't posted I don't know what's going on around here.

I appreciate that you're sticking to your guns and sticking around. I just think you may be getting a bit too defensive and jumping on people too quick which isn't going to make anyone respect you it's going to be the opposite and you'll end up fighting more battles and irrelevant ones at that.

Fight for your ideas and when you're attacked point it out. Good for you. This time you accuse a guy of smoking something then get defensive when he calls you on it. That doesn't help you as a poster much less as a female poster which really shouldn't mean one thing especially on the internet.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#27 : November 04, 2006, 02:31:02 AM

Actually, I really meant in the last sentence that it really shouldn't mean one thing, period. If you have to resort to attacking a persons gender and not their ideas then you've already lost the battle IMHO.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 04, 2006, 10:54:38 AM

I'd still like to see the Bears play someone good... They have the easiest schedule in the NFL, let's see what they do against the BIG BOYS...

So are the defending NFC champs not a 'Big Boy'?

This year no.  Even with a healthy Alexander in the lineup they would not win as many games as the year before.  The Seahawks defense has looked lackluster.

Basically the NFC is very weak this year.  The Giants seem to be pulling away from the pack and we shall see how good the Bears are once they start to play the meat of their schedule.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 04, 2006, 11:41:11 AM

of course they are, or were, however you want to look at it... They have an easy schedule, you can't really get around that. I'm not taking anything away from the Bears, this is the NFL, and a win is a win, but when their competition picks up in the coming weeks, we'll see how they do then...

So basically the Bears are doing what we did last year.......

The Bears didn't just beat the defending NFC champs though, they KILLED them. They also almost lost to the Cards, so who knows. But they are 7-0, and we are 2-5, so for anyone to say we are better is funny..... In general, not saying you did.

Bottom line is, we are everything we weren't last year. Last year we beat up on bad teams, won close games, and therefore had a good record. This year we can't beat teams we should, can't win a close game, can't hold a late lead, etc. Therefore we have a 2-5 record. ENd of story.

I didn't say we were better than the bears, where did I say that?

I think the bears will beat us, they are a better team...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Current top five in NFC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools