Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sopranos Ending « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JC510

Practice Squad

#15 : June 10, 2007, 10:20:34 PM

Agent Harris or Little Carmine tell Tony where Phil Leotardo is and Tony has him killed. Thats it. No big ending.

Ding ding ding. I win.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 10, 2007, 10:22:10 PM

Agent Harris or Little Carmine tell Tony where Phil Leotardo is and Tony has him killed. Thats it. No big ending.
impressive, what was your source?
Ding ding ding. I win.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

JC510

Practice Squad

#17 : June 10, 2007, 10:48:25 PM

impressive, what was your source?
Ding ding ding. I win.

It wasnt hard to figure out. They have to leave it open ended because everyone involved has nothing outside of this show and there's too much money to be made with a movie and/or more seasons. They'll take a break and return in a few years with Tony's trial.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 10, 2007, 11:28:55 PM

Arrgggggg!!  The Never-ending story....... lol     

We will see thereal conclusion to the Sopranos in 2025

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 11, 2007, 01:07:57 AM

Did your Sopranos last episode just cut to black and the sound cut out? We watched the
West Coast Feed.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 11, 2007, 01:10:53 AM

Fu(kin mafioso, mob, mafia, gangbangers hang high, anything else is Hollywood, so why watch this fake azz ish?

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 11, 2007, 01:22:47 AM

I didn't mind the ending except for the stupid cut to black.

It's a gimmick. It wasn't needed.

The possibility of a movie or a special is open since Tony and family are still alive.

A few characters mentioned that possibility in this article...

http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/stories/061107/D8PMCKIO0.shtml

JC510

Practice Squad

#22 : June 11, 2007, 01:39:17 AM

Fu(kin mafioso, mob, mafia, gangbangers hang high, anything else is Hollywood, so why watch this fake azz ish?

English?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 11, 2007, 02:13:40 AM

You should check out HBO's website/message board on the Sopranos.

People are so pissed.

It starts at page 100 and goes down to page 1. Last post is on page 1. Some people
liked the ending. Was that Tony getting whacked? You never see it coming. It just
goes to black. Bobby and Tony's conversation about death.

IMO, lame.

http://boards.hbo.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700009756&start=1485&tstart=0

gruber

Pro Bowler

#24 : June 11, 2007, 02:38:42 PM

good read

http://www.metsblog.com/blog/_archives/2007/6/11/3014332.html

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 11, 2007, 02:43:53 PM

Totally opposite view and one which I agree with...

http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/blog/

Excerpt:

That's why the ending of "The Sopranos" was so incredibly disappointing. It was thumb of the nose, a puckish "screw you" to eight millions who deserved better, and who expected to deserve better. Poor ol' David Chase - sitting poolside in the south of France right now, laughing his ass off at the angry patter of a million fans. (Not to mention the blogs!) David, you are an arrogant man - ultimately trapped by the very medium you so haughtily dismissed for so many years, even while you availed yourself of its generous pay scale. At the end of the day, you really had no perspective on Tony. You really didn't know what he "meant," and - by association - what "The Sopranos" meant. You disdained the trite TV ending (and of course "The Godfather III ending) because you refused to be categorized as just another TV hack. But the final clip job was in fact hack work. You had no courage of your convictions, because - in fact - you had no convictions after all. You were afraid to kill Tony, afraid to keep him alive, because you were afraid that either decision would undercut the entire premise of your magnum opus. So you did the next best thing - no decision at all, while laughing at the fans who had the gall to ask for a simple conclusion to this long and often wonderful novel.

How very very disappointing.

original

Pro Bowler

#26 : June 11, 2007, 02:58:51 PM

Just a different point of view.   Since the series was from Tony's point of view,  If he was shot from behind and died instantly , wouldn't the ending be every thing  would be black?  Since Tony is dead, so is his story.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 11, 2007, 03:13:02 PM

Or ... "we" the viewer got whacked so everything went black.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 11, 2007, 04:27:27 PM

At first I was like "what the ****?" After 9 years of watching this show, wondering who was getting whacked next and never being dissapointed that at least one person would be. But after a minute or two, I realized that the ending was not only original and crea

:D

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 11, 2007, 05:17:46 PM

LOL
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sopranos Ending « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools