Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden says Garcia is way in front at quarterback « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #15 : June 08, 2007, 01:23:57 PM »

Simms does not need a new system...he needs a new league with does not allow for d-lineman over 6 feet tall.
"+1"

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #16 : June 08, 2007, 01:31:43 PM »

Sorry, Garcia will help the OL with his mobility, quick decision-making, and accuracy. I for one am excited to see how much faster pace wise the offense will run with Garcia at the helm. Forgive me since we've had such stellar QB's the past 5 years.

Oh yea! Now I remember how he helped the OL's in Detroit and Cleveland.. 

Apology accepted.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #17 : June 08, 2007, 01:39:54 PM »

Apology accepted.

typical low budget response ignoring the good years Garcia had. Those teams were terrible at the time Garcia was there.
Let me ask you, what offensive player played well those on Brown and lions when Garcia was there? Can you name 1 freak'n player that platyed well?

I'm not saying Garcia is a SB winning, Pro Bowl QB but compared to the garbage we have now he's an enormous upgrade. Compared to that hack Simms and Grads, Garcia is the best thing since sliced bread. You all can go on holding out hope, this offense will look completely different with Garcia running it.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

« #18 : June 08, 2007, 01:59:12 PM »

There is no doubt that Gruden is jacked about having a QB who looks like he will be able to run this offense.  I for one cant wait to see what Garcia can do.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #19 : June 08, 2007, 02:05:29 PM »

Apology accepted.

typical low budget response ignoring the good years Garcia had. Those teams were terrible at the time Garcia was there.

Low budget response to a low quality opinion.

So you think the Bucs weren't terrible last year? I guess all of a sudden the offensive line is going to blow holes open for the running game because JG's on board. Or that some guarantee exists that any WR not named Galloway is going to develop into a more than adequate recieving threat. It wasn't Simms or Grads dropping passes last year.

Got news for ya, if your QB has to make the OL better by scrambling, your offense is in trouble. Once Garcia takes off running, the OL is rendered a non-factor and he's on his own to subject his 37 year old body to 20-whatever year old linebackers. That's a formula for pain, and likely serious injury. We're not getting Steve Young in his prime, bud.

I'm not saying that the OL won't come together and allow Caddy to go off & pass block like a wall, or that Garcia isn't an upgrade. But for the latter to happen, the former will have to. Common sense dictates.

So if I want to reserve my blessing till I see some proof, you'll have to live with it..

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #20 : June 08, 2007, 02:16:17 PM »

Common sense dictates.

It depends on who's commen sense we're talking about. If it's yours then that's the reason for you misguided POV.

Actually, it can go two fold in terms of OL/QB and who improves what. Having a capable QB who's abole to back off defenders with quick decisions and accurate passes makes an OL's job easier, there's no question about it. That's the reason the OL looked so awful in run blocking.

See, when a defense doesn't have to worry about anything going behind them they play like there's nothing to lose, because therre isn't. It's not just one way here

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #21 : June 08, 2007, 02:20:49 PM »

Not suprised Garcia is the starting QB.  His quick decision making is essentialy the difference.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #22 : June 08, 2007, 02:32:18 PM »

Common sense dictates.

Actually, it can go two fold in terms of OL/QB and who improves what. Having a capable QB who's abole to back off defenders with quick decisions and accurate passes makes an OL's job easier, there's no question about it. That's the reason the OL looked so awful in run blocking.

See, when a defense doesn't have to worry about anything going behind them they play like there's nothing to lose, because therre isn't. It's not just one way here

Way to ignore the points of my post.

We'll just have to wait and see what actually happens. Your opinion is nice in theory, but if this pass  offense is going to improve significantly, it won't be because of Garcia himself. He doesn't have that kind of capability. It will have to start up front with blocking, and it will need an effective running game to sustain it. That's not opinion, that's fact.

And before you go off again, please show me where Garcia has ever made a bad OL better, because in SF and Philly he had good ones already in place. Maybe Canada?

Badabingnrt

Starter

« #23 : June 08, 2007, 02:33:20 PM »

Apology accepted.

Low budget response to a low quality opinion.

So you think the Bucs weren't terrible last year? I guess all of a sudden the offensive line is going to blow holes open for the running game because JG's on board. Or that some guarantee exists that any WR not named Galloway is going to develop into a more than adequate recieving threat. It wasn't Simms or Grads dropping passes last year.

Got news for ya, if your QB has to make the OL better by scrambling, your offense is in trouble. Once Garcia takes off running, the OL is rendered a non-factor and he's on his own to subject his 37 year old body to 20-whatever year old linebackers. That's a formula for pain, and likely serious injury. We're not getting Steve Young in his prime, bud.

I'm not saying that the OL won't come together and allow Caddy to go off & pass block like a wall, or that Garcia isn't an upgrade. But for the latter to happen, the former will have to. Common sense dictates.

So if I want to reserve my blessing till I see some proof, you'll have to live with it..

you do know garcia played last year, right?

He can still take the hits.....

How old was Brad Johnson when he took us to the Super Bowl?  33?

You dont have to be 22 to be a good football player and if anything experienced veteran QBs are better seeing that they have been around longer....

Its much harder to lose a step as a QB then it is for a RB, CB, LB, etc...QBs dont run around as much as the other positions....(unless were talking vick QBs)...and Garcia can still have another 2 years left.

Im hoping thats the case as we can land our future QB in next years draft...

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #24 : June 08, 2007, 02:35:52 PM »

you do know garcia played last year, right?

Yea, behind a Philly OL that has always been a priority for Andy Reid. Do we have that kind of pocket  protection yet?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #25 : June 08, 2007, 02:50:18 PM »

Garcia increases level of play at qb, which in turn takes pressure off of other areas by expanding the threat of an offense, not just a running game with little to no passing game. 

Yes the bucs line looks to be better - better talent, more experience and will be just by having an average production from the qb position.  If he provides just that the unit will be better. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #26 : June 08, 2007, 03:00:46 PM »

Garcia increases level of play at qb, which in turn takes pressure off of other areas by expanding the threat of an offense, not just a running game with little to no passing game.

Yes the bucs line looks to be better - better talent, more experience and will be just by having an average production from the qb position. If he provides just that the unit will be better.

very well said dbuc, that's my point. It's not just one way with improving the OL, hell, Brady doesn't have to have the best OL because he's freak'n tits.

orlandobuc

Starter

« #27 : June 08, 2007, 03:12:42 PM »

and Plummer hasnt misssed a pass yet in a Buc uniform.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #28 : June 08, 2007, 05:02:24 PM »

What a shock, Gruden prefers the more mobile QB...  We will see how he does without Westbrook or Phillys O-line, my guess is he will look about as good as he did in Detroit. I want to see the excuses from the Gruden huggers once he starts to struggle. ITs the O-line, its the WR"s its Caddy, bla bla bla, but with Simms it was solely on him.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #29 : June 08, 2007, 05:10:37 PM »

What a shock, Gruden prefers the more mobile QB... We will see how he does without Westbrook or Phillys O-line, my guess is he will look about as good as he did in Detroit. I want to see the excuses from the Gruden huggers once he starts to struggle. ITs the O-line, its the WR"s its Caddy, bla bla bla, but with Simms it was solely on him.

Crying from the Simms fan club members already.  Nice fan already hoping for Garcia's failure.  Cracks me up.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden says Garcia is way in front at quarterback « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools