Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden says Garcia is way in front at quarterback « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

JC510

Practice Squad

#30 : June 08, 2007, 05:17:37 PM

Lets see what happens in live action. But I'm not shocked Simms didn't get a fair chance. Good to see he's handing out starting jobs in June while the players are in shorts. Must be why Mahan was a starter.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 08, 2007, 05:37:19 PM

So you think the Bucs weren't terrible last year? I guess all of a sudden the offensive line is going to blow holes open for the running game because JG's on board. Or that some guarantee exists that any WR not named Galloway is going to develop into a more than adequate recieving threat. It wasn't Simms or Grads dropping passes last year.

Let's see before Jeff arrived:

CLE 2003: 26th in offense
DET 2004: 26th in offense
TAM 2006: 31st in offense

However terrible people think those CLE and DET teams were they were better than our offense last year so if the only defense people are gonna offer on Garcia is "Well yeah but CLe and DET sucked" bad news kiddies, we're worse.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 08, 2007, 05:51:09 PM

Let's see before Jeff arrived:

CLE 2003: 26th in offense
DET 2004: 26th in offense
TAM 2006: 31st in offense

However terrible people think those CLE and DET teams were they were better than our offense last year so if the only defense people are gonna offer on Garcia is "Well yeah but CLe and DET sucked" bad news kiddies, we're worse.

Having a rookie Qb start 12 games had nothing to do with that did it Dal? This offense would have performed better than 31st if Gards didn't play last year. Are you saying Garcia won't make this offense better Dal? Is that what you're saying?

Were those two years in Det and Cleve the only time Garcia was a Qb in this league?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 08, 2007, 06:09:50 PM

Having a rookie Qb start 12 games had nothing to do with that did it Dal? This offense would have performed better than 31st if Gards didn't play last year. Are you saying Garcia won't make this offense better Dal? Is that what you're saying?

Were those two years in Det and Cleve the only time Garcia was a Qb in this league?

CLE had Kelly Holcomb starting - and the offense was as bad with Simms so it isn't "rookie starter".

Garcia clearly is better than Simms but he's not a savior. I've said before, the man is a distributor not a creator. If he's got players around him he can get the ball to them but he's not gonna elevate anyone's play and his past interaction with bad football teams says that. We're a bad offensive football team so while I think he helps I don't know how much he helps.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 08, 2007, 06:11:03 PM

garcia has players in TB to distribute to. at least imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 08, 2007, 06:23:56 PM

You added an "S" onto the third word, I assume you didn't mean to do that.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#36 : June 08, 2007, 06:26:44 PM

I guess fans around here and local radio hosts aren't smart enough to see that this comment was mostly directed  Simms telling him to get his butt in gear.  Otherwise what is the point of saying it?  Simms has himself admitted that he is struggling to get his arm back into form. 

Gruden makes statements for a reason, not just to shoot his mouth off.  There is no reason to come out and say Garcia is way ahead unless he's talking to the players who are way behind.  This is obvious to me and yet it doesn't seem to occur to anybody else.  I guess I'm just smarter.

Actually, you routinely see it in situations where there may be a QB controversy. The media loves playing things like that up, and coaches like to nip it in the bud. It could very well be to get at Simms, but thats not the only possibility here. Every close QB situation in the NFL recently has involved at least one "Player X is our guy right now" comments from the coach. QBs, like baseball closers, are known for getting faith-laden compliments from coaches whenever there's a mere question about their job stability. Maybe Gruden thinks Jeff IS the guy who we'll be going into the season with and wants to make it known. It beats a "who knows?" comment that would just add more gas to the "QB controversy" fire. Mainly going by his initial response of

There's not a lot of controversy in my eyes right now

#37 : June 08, 2007, 06:35:06 PM

Lets see what happens in live action. But I'm not shocked Simms didn't get a fair chance.

The guy has had 4 yrs worth of chances.

Surely, that was an error. Garcia has "player" to get the ball to and if that player goes down at any point this season, i predict we have a new coach next season.

Pretty sad!!!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 08, 2007, 07:15:22 PM

No reason not to add the "s" - until we see whether or not having a pro qb makes a difference in the capabilities of the team, and the recievers.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 09, 2007, 12:07:15 AM

No reason not to add the "s" - until we see whether or not having a pro qb makes a difference in the capabilities of the team, and the recievers.

That's actua;;y  good point, but that gives hope and the naysayers don't want that.

JC510

Practice Squad

#40 : June 09, 2007, 12:14:43 AM

Lets see what happens in live action. But I'm not shocked Simms didn't get a fair chance.

The guy has had 4 yrs worth of chances.

Surely, that was an error. Garcia has "player" to get the ball to and if that player goes down at any point this season, i predict we have a new coach next season.

Pretty sad!!!!

And lost his job to injury TWICE because of BS offensive lines. Garcia doesn't have to worry about that though, all the scrubs Simms was stuck with are basically gone.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#41 : June 09, 2007, 12:20:44 AM

JC510, exactly. Everyone knew that Garcia was the starter the moment he signed the contract. He did not want to have to compete for a starting job, he wanted to go to a situation where he was handed the starting position. That is why I believe he will have a subpar year, because everyone knows he doesn't have to work at it or for it.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 09, 2007, 01:47:35 AM

I've had the last week off and watched some old Buc games with Simms at QB.    I've been a Simms fan, but I'm noticing from those videos that the guy doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb and he doesnt seem to have the best relationship with Gruden.   I think you guys are correct that Garcia will start.   I'm wondering if Simms will beat out Gradkowski.   God,  I hope so.

JC510

Practice Squad

#43 : June 09, 2007, 02:14:16 AM

JC510, exactly. Everyone knew that Garcia was the starter the moment he signed the contract. He did not want to have to compete for a starting job, he wanted to go to a situation where he was handed the starting position. That is why I believe he will have a subpar year, because everyone knows he doesn't have to work at it or for it.

I don't really see it that way. When Garcia signed I honestly thought they would both get a 50/50 chance. I'm a Gruden backer but I'm very disappointed in him about this. And the thing is I really love this offensive personnel and I think Garcia will have a fairly productive year. But I think with this new offensive line (deffinately a top 10 line, compared to Simms stuck with a bottom 10 line) and a few tweaks to the play calling (less short passing, more power running and playaction off of it) I think Simms could have triggered this offense to an elite level, like we saw at times in 2005. But now all we're gonna see is a dink and dunk offense with Smith and Clayton running 6 yards routes into the teeth of the defense.

#44 : June 09, 2007, 02:22:28 AM

When Garcia signed I honestly thought they would both get a 50/50 chance. I'm a Gruden backer but I'm very disappointed in him about this. And the thing is I really love this offensive personnel and I think Garcia will have a fairly productive year. But I think with this new offensive line (deffinately a top 10 line, compared to Simms stuck with a bottom 10 line) and a few tweaks to the play calling (less short passing, more power running and playaction off of it) I think Simms could have triggered this offense to an elite level, like we saw at times in 2005. But now all we're gonna see is a dink and dunk offense with Smith and Clayton running 6 yards routes into the teeth of the defense.

What is there to "really love" about our offensive personnel and when you say top 10 line, what exactly is it you're talkin about? Top 10 @ what?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden says Garcia is way in front at quarterback « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools