Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF gets a boost at RB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

: June 08, 2007, 12:12:58 PM

Jamar Taylor, RB from Lakeland who was a EE at Alabama this year has left Bama and will transfer to USF.  His mom has a heart condition and Jamar felt he should be close to her.  He will apply for a hardship but is prepared to sit a year if necessary.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 08, 2007, 10:53:13 PM

Is there a link for this or is it just from knowing someone over there in Lakeland?

Huey Freeman

Starter
#2 : June 09, 2007, 10:28:17 AM

Wow.  This is the second highly recruited RB we've taken from Bama this year.  This is the benefit of being in such a highly recruited area.  When guys have to come home, the teams in this area seem to reap the benefits.  Heres hoping his mom's condition isn't terminal. 

(If this guy says Jamar Taylor one more time, I'm going to scream.  I can see why he does HS football) 

Huey Freeman

Starter
#3 : June 09, 2007, 10:29:08 AM

Also, Ricky Ponton is ineligable and is transferring this year.  That's addition by subtraction! 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#4 : June 09, 2007, 01:05:48 PM

Information from a source close to the situation.

All the Bama folk know he's gone, he has already left school.  It may not be 100% official of USF enrollment, but that looks to be what is happening.

I hope the guy gets his hardship and is able to play this year.  He's a good kid.  I met him when he was a freshmen in HS and he was thoughtful and well spoken. He also told me at the time he was going to be in the NFL one day.  I believed him. 

At Bama's spring game he was easily the best RB on the field. 

Prayers for his family.

Blade

Starter

#5 : June 09, 2007, 01:32:24 PM

Hmm..it would be great if it proves to be true.....

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 09, 2007, 05:50:21 PM

He and the Frosh Mike Ford might actually give the Bulls a nice rushing attack behind Grothe.  It's nice to have such a mobile QB that can make things happen with his arm and feet, but I really don't want out QB leading the team is rushing.  He's great at it, but just not big enough to take that consistent pounding over the course of the season as we evident last year towards the end as the nicks started to add up on his body.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 09, 2007, 09:38:25 PM

jamar taylor and mike ford should definitely be a good combo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#8 : June 10, 2007, 07:54:46 PM

lINK??????

Snook

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 11, 2007, 03:54:03 PM

USF is supposed to be pretty good this coming season, right?  I'm not too familiar with their team.

Auburn's got them in their 2nd game.  Might be pretty entertaining...

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 12, 2007, 04:38:56 PM

USF should be a solid team this season.  They play teams tuff but seem to play down or up to their comp.  I really hope that they can put everything together and get some consistant play.  They have the ability to be a top 25 team now they have to prepare and excecute.  One thing is sure, no team should look at them as an easy game.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 12, 2007, 07:09:54 PM

USF should be a solid team this season.  They play teams tuff but seem to play down or up to their comp.  I really hope that they can put everything together and get some consistant play.  They have the ability to be a top 25 team now they have to prepare and excecute.  One thing is sure, no team should look at them as an easy game.

I agree.  But a lot of Auburn fans not familiar with the program will pencil it in as a win. 

I think its going to be a great game.  9pm on ESPN2. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 17, 2007, 02:17:42 PM

Information from a source close to the situation.

All the Bama folk know he's gone, he has already left school.  It may not be 100% official of USF enrollment, but that looks to be what is happening.

I hope the guy gets his hardship and is able to play this year.  He's a good kid.  I met him when he was a freshmen in HS and he was thoughtful and well spoken. He also told me at the time he was going to be in the NFL one day.  I believed him. 

At Bama's spring game he was easily the best RB on the field. 

Prayers for his family.

Ray, I hope you're right and USF can land him but this article dated the 15th says that Taylor is still in Tuscaloosa BUT Saban's words do leave an opening for him to leave.

http://www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/sports/1181899122122200.xml&coll=1

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#13 : June 17, 2007, 04:12:57 PM

Time will tell.

Things like this can change at the drop of the hat.

This was just words from his friend, as I said it wasn't 100% of his enrollment but at the time it seemed concrete. 

We'll see, i still think he ends up gone.  It's not like Saban has always been the most honest guy.....

From what I heard there are a bunch of Bama kids contemplating leaving because of Nick.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 18, 2007, 07:54:58 AM

Time will tell.

Things like this can change at the drop of the hat.

This was just words from his friend, as I said it wasn't 100% of his enrollment but at the time it seemed concrete.

We'll see, i still think he ends up gone. It's not like Saban has always been the most honest guy.....

From what I heard there are a bunch of Bama kids contemplating leaving because of Nick.
RB Jimmy Johns and Saban have butted heads
QB Jimmy Barnes has already left

The Jamar Taylor situation sounds pretty up in the airright now. I hope he stays, but if he leaves, I don't think that it is because Saban is a **CENSORED**head.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF gets a boost at RB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools