Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some Badly-Needed Levity for the Forum « previous next »
Page: 1

: November 01, 2006, 09:16:28 AM

Thanks go out to BucNut for emailing this...it is humorous to say the least-----------------------

A South Carolina farm wife called the local phone company to report her Telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few Occasions when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the phone rang.

The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this Psychic dog or senile lady.  He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in his Test set, and dialed the subscriber's house.
The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the Telephone began to ring.  Climbing down from the pole, the telephone Repairman found:
1.  The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire via a steel chain and collar.
2.  The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3.  The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number was called.

4.  After a couple of jolts, the dog would start moaning and then Urinate.

5.  The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to Ring...

Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by pissing and moaning.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#1 : November 01, 2006, 09:22:54 AM

lol...:D

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 01, 2006, 09:42:50 AM

Nice one.......

That just went to half of my fellow employees...... Many of which are Professional piss&moaners

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 01, 2006, 11:37:40 AM

That was great...:)  Good stuff.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 01, 2006, 10:04:45 AM

Finally a reason for 1/2 the posts this year.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 01, 2006, 10:51:43 AM

Hey Prefer, was that you giving Sileo some crap this morning? Pretty certain it wasn't your name they announced but it sounded much like your voice.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 01, 2006, 01:03:11 PM

nice ...

except I haven't met a telephone repairman smart enough to trouble shoot anything like that ... well, at least not a Verizon.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some Badly-Needed Levity for the Forum « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools