Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gold Cup 2007 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#30 : June 24, 2007, 05:43:07 PM

LOL, that was the championship!

#31 : June 24, 2007, 05:44:51 PM

Then why did they keep flashing USA vs Mexico on the screen for next weekend(are they playing a "friendly" already)??  ::)

#32 : June 24, 2007, 05:46:12 PM

Does it make sense to have trophy ceremonies for a semi-final game?

#33 : June 24, 2007, 05:48:18 PM

Oooops - my bad, I was watching USA vs CANADA on the soccer network earlier today where they also won 2-1, but obviously it was a replay.  :o

#34 : June 24, 2007, 06:06:29 PM

Mex-Buc

Rookie

#35 : June 24, 2007, 09:23:43 PM

Oh well.. nice game by the U.S they knew how to define when they had to... Congratulations for ya !.. Hope to see ya on Copa America :D i want some revenge ;)

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#36 : June 24, 2007, 11:03:31 PM

Good game from the US coming back from a goal down. The game winning goal was sweet. Great shot. Though it would be nice to see them put away a game when they have a chance. I still can't believe Beasley missed that open netter

I wish FOX Soccer Channel was carrying the Copa America games. I guess I'll have to watch the US games on the spanish channel.

US vs. Argentina is Thursday I believe.  That one could be ugly...

tonyflash

Starter

#37 : June 24, 2007, 11:17:01 PM

Oh well.. nice game by the U.S they knew how to define when they had to... Congratulations for ya !.. Hope to see ya on Copa America :D i want some revenge ;)

I spoke to my friend who is the trainer on the US Team and they will not be using several starters for Copa, so you just might get your wish. I don't know if I can stand to watch Hugo Sanchez crying on the sidelines and after the game anymore, so I think next time I will watch the game on Fox Sports.

#38 : June 24, 2007, 11:59:21 PM

I wish FOX Soccer Channel was carrying the Copa America games. I guess I'll have to watch the US games on the spanish channel.

GolTV is carrying those games, unfortunately my cable company doesn't offer that channel.

Beef O'Brady's just opened a location last week, literally 5 walking minutes from my home. I was so excited at the timing because I was planning on going there to watch US matches during the Copa America.
I went there Thursday night and asked the waitress if one of the TV's could be changed to the US vs. Canada match, she said she'd ask a manager. A manager shows up at my table with a remote and a channel guide. I tell her it's FOX Soccer Channel and she locates it on the guide, types in 6-1-3 and the screen comes up with something to the effect of "you don't subscribe to this channel."
I was so bummed. Thankfully I was already recording that game at home, but I knew if FSC wasn't available there, then there's no way that GolTV would be. I went home and looked up DirecTV's lineup and saw that it's an extra $12/month for the package that contains GolTV and FSC. My hopes of watching the Copa have been dashed, unless I can convince Beef's to spend the money.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 25, 2007, 08:34:57 AM

GolTV is carrying those games, unfortunately my cable company doesn't offer that channel.

Beef O'Brady's just opened a location last week, literally 5 walking minutes from my home. I was so excited at the timing because I was planning on going there to watch US matches during the Copa America.
I went there Thursday night and asked the waitress if one of the TV's could be changed to the US vs. Canada match, she said she'd ask a manager. A manager shows up at my table with a remote and a channel guide. I tell her it's FOX Soccer Channel and she locates it on the guide, types in 6-1-3 and the screen comes up with something to the effect of "you don't subscribe to this channel."
I was so bummed. Thankfully I was already recording that game at home, but I knew if FSC wasn't available there, then there's no way that GolTV would be. I went home and looked up DirecTV's lineup and saw that it's an extra $12/month for the package that contains GolTV and FSC. My hopes of watching the Copa have been dashed, unless I can convince Beef's to spend the money.

Ask them, they probably will. 

BP1

Pro Bowler

#40 : June 26, 2007, 01:22:45 AM

This guy is so funny. He luvs US soccer.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xsXziXYzqUw

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA!!!!!!!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 26, 2007, 02:08:33 AM

Soccer was my best sport.  I just hated the constant running...

At least you can pick and choose your moments in basketball.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 26, 2007, 02:17:03 AM

Hated soccer - just hated it. Could have been the ball to the teeth when I was playing goalie though....

Incomparable sig by Incognito

sniper5

Second String
#43 : June 26, 2007, 09:14:33 AM

I like the Saskatchewan Roughriders this year.  Oh, wait-- I thought the title said Grey Cup. Sorry.

#44 : June 26, 2007, 09:33:15 AM

Copa America begins tonight at 6 est. with Uruguay vs. Peru.

USA's first game is Thursday night at 8:45 est. against Argentina.

All games are televised on GolTV and Univision networks. USA's game will be on GolTV and Telefutura. I get neither of those stations, but games can also be viewed online at www.univision.com/content/content.jhtml?cid=1215239
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gold Cup 2007 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools