Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suggestion for new format for the NFL « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: June 10, 2007, 03:54:24 AM

How about having two 10 game seasons each year, one in the spring and one in the fall? The winner of each "season" would compete in December for the Lombardi. February to September is just too long and too boring, and arena football is just too weird.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 10, 2007, 09:41:57 AM

Doesn't minor league BB do the winner of the first half and the winner of the second half type thing? I think the goal there is to make sure that no one tunes out after half a season because everything gets reset and you can hope anew.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 10, 2007, 10:55:18 AM

Any team who qualified in the first half would want to rest their starters in the second half and would have no incentive to win.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 10, 2007, 01:46:59 PM

Any team who qualified in the first half would want to rest their starters in the second half and would have no incentive to win.

Best record gets to host the SB. That should be incentive enough trying for homefield advantage.

I meant this all in fun since we are entering the doldrums of the NFL calender.

How about this. Get rid of NFL Europe and form a spring league here at home for players who want to reach or return to the NFL. Have the draft at the conclusion of the spring season.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 10, 2007, 01:51:43 PM

I'd rather leave the NFL format just the way it is, but I'd like to see a good minor league system [ie Europa] played here.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 12, 2007, 12:49:21 PM

how about creating confrences based on geographic locations example atlanta jacksonville tampabay and miami would be the SEC of the NFL snd so forth and so on
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suggestion for new format for the NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools